Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not up for it which was a shame and our passing was dreadful, still it says something when United fans smile for once.

How come so many MUFC fans have no clue how to get to ground from Manchester Piccadilly station? And the fat full kit wanker with Lukaku on his back who stank the whole carriage out on the way to the ground can just **** off

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just heard Potter on TS say he knows how quick Dan James is, so wondering why he put Dan burn against him, some will say no choice however personally would have had a back three and March on as LWB from the start to at least have a chance against him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - agree with this.

Just back from the game and there’s no doubt in my mind Potter played the wrong team today.

United’s strikers are lightning quick and our back three just couldn’t handle them. It was Burn’s foul on James which led to the 2nd goal and I’m amazed he wasn’t replaced at half time. Not convinced starting with Trossard was a good idea either, he got nowhere and Gross’s creativity may have been a better bet.

Having said all of that, I don’t think we played that badly and sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say we were beaten by the better side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Not up for it which was a shame and our passing was dreadful, still it says something when United fans smile for once.

How come so many MUFC fans have no clue how to get to ground from Manchester Piccadilly station? And the fat full kit wanker with Lukaku on his back who stank the whole carriage out on the way to the ground can just **** off

Groovy gang member?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lets all gang up on [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]. Like it's school or something.

I don't think there is any ganging up. That normally occurs whenever someone makes any entry. I've seen it with BG. Spence is constantly annoying people who are trying to enjoy the season with negative trolling.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Why should we lose ALL the away games to the big teams ? isn't that negative ? 3 years in this league should mean we are capable of getting something occasionally. Certainly not by Potter's style we won't.

I would rather be more cautious playing these sides. Today we could have lost by at least 6 or 7. Chelsea didn't have there shooting boots on as that could have been 5-0. City we were lucky it was only 4.

Potter obviously isn't going to change it though. I always felt we would lose today.

he changed it during the game you bellend, and the last bit! you must be the football fukin oracle. cock

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just heard Potter on TS say he knows how quick Dan James is, so wondering why he put Dan burn against him, some will say no choice however personally would have had a back three and March on as LWB from the start to at least have a chance against him

I think the plan was to dominate the game and put a lot of high pressure, forcing United to play long & high making the duels between aerial duels rather than a running competition. It failed though. Cant blame Burn too much, he did what he could.

Pretty sure he is not the supposed long term left back for this project though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People saying that he has shoehorned Duffy in and should have stuck with 3 at the back but against that in recent weeks Burn has been terrible as again today. Duffy was brought in because Webster got injured and they are different types of players although I must say I prefer Duffy. The substitutions today were wrong even havinga poor game Trossard is a player who can change a game or get us back into it. The subs should have been March for Burn at left back, Gross for Alzate who didnt play badly but lacked any vision. Then possibly Mooy for Stephens who wasnt at the races after his early yellow.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poor today, obviously. Also didn’t get the rub of the green with their goals and also VAR. Last weeks win was so key. I’d rather we lost 3 and won 3 than drew 6 obviously & I think many on here have been intelligent enough to appreciate under Potter’s style there will be the occasional game like today. The players simply didn’t perform or pass like we know we can. Keep the faith and let’s just make sure we stay up so Potter et al can really build in the Summer. It’s been very enjoyable this season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ah, it's nice to have spence back.

I was missing his unrelenting pessimism.
Thanks

You call it perismism i call it realism. Each to their own eh ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here