Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Potter will know after today which players have the potential of being competitive in this league next season. I reckon we certainly need two new wing backs and a couple of midfielders, all with a bit of pace. Rashford v Montoya is a mismatch and will always be.

It's the games like this when the manager probably learns the most about his players.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Indeed. Greeny on R5 made a sensible summary and sees us as mid table. I had the game on a stream but preferred the Green commentary, even if it was 90 seconds into the future if you know what I mean.

We were a million miles away from embarrassing today. Perhaps it is clear to people now why Trossard didn't start the last two games....not yet fully inflated and lubricated.

I agree. I think our midfield panicked when in procession. Far too many lose balls through the middle. We were happy at the back playing but the moment a midfielder got it we lost it. Stephens has not been on top of his game for a few games now and he is the hub of our play.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good day for you today Spence. We were deservedly beaten and you can say what you want. Can i ask that you don't just f*ck off next time we play well, like you've done the whole of the last month. Hmmm ???
He was banned so had no choice. It is typical Palace though-never see them for weeks until they sneak a win or we lose then they stink this place out for a few days.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I understand you frequent the North Stand - make yourself known next home game:wanker:

Sadly it’s true. United missed 2 sitters and had plenty of other decent chances. Ryan made 9 saves from shots on target.

And now for a long journey back to Sussex.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Look on the bright side. You can knock one out while watching Match of The Day. You really are a sad Palace c.unt.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I don't know why everyone doesn't just ignore her. Like all trolls, she just posts for the attention (which she clearly doesn't get in the real world)..

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I thought a new manager would bring a change in our away fortunes but we still can’t seem to pick up results on the road. It’s probably because we don’t really have any pace in midfield to catch teams on the counter attack. I wonder if Bissouma might be an effective choice in away matches.

Today is a silly day to make that complaint.

Beat Watford, dominated Villa pre-red card, dominated Newcastle. Man City, Chelsea, United, whatever, no-one gets regular results there.

Its OK.

Next away game is Liverpool. Wouldn't get my hopes up for that either. Then arsenal, then them lot up the road. Spurs as well before the new year.

Let's look forward to 2020 :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's obviously a wind up merchant, so its up to people to ignore them :shrug:
I must admit I'd have more 'respect' if he'd come back shooting from the hip, as he left.

But instead the poster was all simpering and complimentary upon his return and now the team has lost has reverted back to being a cock.

Totally pointless WUM - just another BG.
For all I know he also supports Spurs.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I do think that Potter got our starting formation wrong, should have played a back 3 of Duffy, Dunk & Burn with Montoya & Alzate playing as wing backs. And then I thought he got it wrong bringing Murray on for Connolly - should have been Mooy with him and Trossard (then Gross) playing behind Maupay.

I thought our passing accuracy seemed poor today as we gave it away cheaply at times, particularly for United’s 3rd goal, and yet the stats say we had a better passing accuracy United !

This sums up how I feel perfectly. We played perfectly into united’s Strengths. I watched their Europa league game in midweek and it was mirror image. Potter needs to learn that you need to be more compact away from home at big clubs otherwise it can go badly wrong.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Could easily have been 5 or 6 really. Could be an argument to play 1 up front away from home against some teams.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Murray is done isn't he? Just nothing there. I would rather locadia back.

Actually, I would rather we played 1 up front, 2 of them was never going to work.

Think back to Watford, Murray and locadia started, andone and maupay came on and stretched them. Options

Agree. Locadia played very well at Old Trafford last season. There is something to be said for having a strong player with physical presence in a game like this.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
52% possession though...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn’t mean much if you’re not doing anything with it, we barely troubled their goal. No shame in losing at OT however the performance was nowhere near what we’ve seen recently, too many players were poor today, and that’s what frustrates me the most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here