Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Odd, I didn't notice anyone have an especially bad game.

The way I saw it, we were just outclassed as a team.

I thought Burn and Stephens had uncharacteristically bad games. Montoya not much better.

Maupay, Trossard and Alzate contributed pretty much nothing all game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hey ho, onwards and upwards,

Shit happens. :shrug:

Indeed. Greeny on R5 made a sensible summary and sees us as mid table. I had the game on a stream but preferred the Green commentary, even if it was 90 seconds into the future if you know what I mean.

We were a million miles away from embarrassing today. Perhaps it is clear to people now why Trossard didn't start the last two games....not yet fully inflated and lubricated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those of you that watched palace yesterday you'll already know:-

'could have been worse'.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Played off the park. That should have been 6 or 7 to Utd. Utterly abysmal performance .
Look on the bright side. You can knock one out while watching Match of The Day. You really are a sad Palace c.unt.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Wasn't a good performance today, but not a terrible one either.

Quite simply, beaten by the better team.

Onwards and upwards.

Your bar's pretty low if you don't think that was a terrible peformance.

Slow and ponderous in and out of possession. Barely able to string any passes together, giving the ball away cheaply time and again. Constantly wide open against a team whose only discernible style of play is pacy counter attacks. No one played well and several had shockers.

No problem losing to a better team - which united clearly were today - but that doesn't excuse how poor we were.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Indeed. Greeny on R5 made a sensible summary and sees us as mid table. I had the game on a stream but preferred the Green commentary, even if it was 90 seconds into the future if you know what I mean.

We were a million miles away from embarrassing today. Perhaps it is clear to people now why Trossard didn't start the last two games....not yet fully inflated and lubricated.

Yes, and perhaps it's clear to Trossard too!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Bad day and most of it down to mistakes by Potter.

I do think that Potter got our starting formation wrong, should have played a back 3 of Duffy, Dunk & Burn with Montoya & Alzate playing as wing backs. And then I thought he got it wrong bringing Murray on for Connolly - should have been Mooy with him and Trossard (then Gross) playing behind Maupay.

I thought our passing accuracy seemed poor today as we gave it away cheaply at times, particularly for United’s 3rd goal, and yet the stats say we had a better passing accuracy United !

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I thought a new manager would bring a change in our away fortunes but we still can’t seem to pick up results on the road. It’s probably because we don’t really have any pace in midfield to catch teams on the counter attack. I wonder if Bissouma might be an effective choice in away matches.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[MENTION=5203]OzMike[/MENTION] Are you still awake?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here