Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United vs Bayern Munich (agg 1-2)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Please please hold on. Hating MUFC aside, I really think the Champions League might actually regain some interest if for a year there are no English teams involved beyond the Quarter finals. If nothing else it will stop this ridiculous arrogance spreading amongst twatty Sky style pundits that seem to think an English team's passage to the final is as good as given unless they face another English side and all this shit about the Premiershite being 'the best in the world'. Also, don't care what others think, the thought of half of those pricks that support Man U having the smile they must have had after being 3-0 up wiped off their faces fills me with glee.

COME ON MUNICH!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oooooo, lets all cream ourselves that all English teams are knocked out of Europes premier competition.

I'm pissed off at every English team going out.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
When Gus has BHA full of gringo's etc then I guess some of you will be turning your back on them as well.

Thought not

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You seem to have missed the point of the question (or are deliberately ignoring it).

Crystal palace is an English team. Cardiff is a Welsh team.

Do you support Palace when they face Cardiff?
No I understand the point, but that isn't my argument. Manchester United are an English team playing in the English Premier League which is my point.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When Gus has BHA full of gringo's etc then I guess some of you will be turning your back on them as well.

Thought not

I don't think many people have been justifying their dislike of Man Utd for having a troop of foreign players, merely a rebuttal for those that support the club as they are English.

Dougal...

If you were watching that European game between Portsmouth and AC Milan, who did you support?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oooooo, lets all cream ourselves that all English teams are knocked out of Europes premier competition.

I'm pissed off at every English team going out.

There isn't much that is English about Man U though. Owners American, manager Scottish, team is mainly foreign, likewise the supporters if the official stats are believed.

Come on the Bayern.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't think many people have been justifying their dislike of Man Utd for having a troop of foreign players, merely a rebuttal for those that support the club as they are English.

Dougal...

If you were watching that European game between Portsmouth and AC Milan, who did you support?

I wouldnt watch it as i said. If it was watch or be shot then i'd prob plump for pompey as they are english but lots of injuries and red cards.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There isn't much that is English about Man U though. Owners American, manager Scottish, team is mainly foreign, likewise the supporters if the official stats are believed.

Come on the Bayern.
Aren't they a team from Manchester?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
me too. people sure hated united back then. ahh, it takes me back.

My problem was that everyone DIDN'T hate them, and instead thought I was some sort of WEIRDO FREAK for proudly wearing my Albion scarf during the winter months. The suggestion was that I was just being awkward by showing allegiance to a team who weren't massively successful and all over the telly. Never mind that I could go and watch my team in the flesh, there was obviously something wrong with me.

That feeling has never left me, and nor will it.

I know countless Manchester United fans. I don't know anyone from Manchester. These are the people that drive me to hatred and these are the people I will be smugly winding up if the game finishes 3-2 and Manchester United go out

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The images of nervous looking Man U fans have begun - marvellous scenes!

And oh look, a Manure fan wearing a green and yellow scarf alongside a current replica shirt. Don't you just LOVE them?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Should the score remain the same, will ITV try to find that last day staple of a crying child in the crowd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here