Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United vs Bayern Munich (agg 1-2)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Strewth, I'm not looking for an argument but MU are an English team, Manchester is part of England.

You seem to have missed the point of the question (or are deliberately ignoring it).

Crystal palace is an English team. Cardiff is a Welsh team.

Do you support Palace when they face Cardiff?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Oh and also, before people lay into the terrorist comment, I would suggest it's not hugely different to the early poster who said our grandfathers would be spinning in their graves suggesting that a German football club in 2010 somehow represent the ideologies of the Germans and more specifically the Nazis in WW2.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It is because we are only one step up from being a Jihadist if we dare to cheer for an opponent of an English team.

Question for Dougal...

Who were you supporting in the game of Portsmouth vs AC Milan?

Didn't watch it due to divided loyalties.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
How anyone can support a team that fields arseholes like Sebastian Schweinsteiger is beyond me.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What a strike!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great goal by Robben, MUFC need a minor miracle now - totally over the top now our German commentator, teutonic overdrive

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Can we have a sweepstake on how much 'injury' time will be added on if the score remains as it is?

I'll guess at 17 minutes.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
You seem to have missed the point of the question (or are deliberately ignoring it).

Crystal palace is an English team. Cardiff is a Welsh team.

Do you support Palace when they face Cardiff?

splitting hairs.

an english team in europe is a team to support for some people, not for others. i hate and despise arsenal, yet when the played the EC final not so long ago i found myself pumping the air and going YESS when the went 1-0 up. now does this make me 'not a football fan' or some other nonsense? my tribal rivalries suspend themselves in these 'neutral' situations. my real team rises nor falls by such a game. i guess i treat it somewhat as an extension of the national team, and thats ok. inb4 'they are full of carlos kickaballs' etc :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here