Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United vs Bayern Munich (agg 1-2)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Why is one a mindless sheep for believing that Manchester United have damaged English football at a lower level and played a large part in ensuring that only a select few teams shall ever compete for major honours?

That's more like it - get in!! :clap2:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good news for Fabio though. 3 tough games that none of his squad will be playing in. They also get together a lot earlier for preparation for the world cup. fingers crossed then!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I refer you to my comments on the other 200 threads on here about United in Europe over the years, usually something along the lines of 'Contrary to popular belief Manchester United do not represent a threat to the very existence of professional football in this country' and similar CM bollox thrown in the direction of the mindless anti Utd sheep.

Classic ITV commentary "Both Ferdinand and Vidic have been penetrated twice tonight"

:thumbsup:

Sorry but if you think hatred of United equates to being mindless sheep then you are a prat! Anyway, whether one hates United or not (I certainly do and if that makes me mindless then fine) I don't see why one can't be pleased at another team beating them, surely this comes down to preference again. About 8 years ago I would always have supported the English teams, it's a sad state of affairs that I now feel absolutely nothing for them and would rather they were knocked out than stay in. The media circus around the Champions League and the constant trumpeting of the Premier League certainly doesn't help.

And Ferguson's attempts to blame Bayern tonight were laughable and he knew it...

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Nothing like a bit of exaggeration to prove a flawed point: 'Manchester United represent a threat to the very existence of professional football in this country'

When has anyone said that!?

Never!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sorry but if you think hatred of United equates to being mindless sheep then you are a prat! Anyway, whether one hates United or not (I certainly do and if that makes me mindless then fine) I don't see why one can't be pleased at another team beating them, surely this comes down to preference again. About 8 years ago I would always have supported the English teams, it's a sad state of affairs that I now feel absolutely nothing for them and would rather they were knocked out than stay in. The media circus around the Champions League and the constant trumpeting of the Premier League certainly doesn't help.

And Ferguson's attempts to blame Bayern tonight were laughable and he knew it...

Boring isn't it - but what about ITV comments about the double penetration?!

:thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Nothing like a bit of exaggeration to prove a flawed point: 'Manchester United represent a threat to the very existence of professional football in this country'

When has anyone said that!?

Never!

Be fair, his point would still stand if he'd picked a quote rather than made one up

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
f*** 'em. Nice to see a bit of casual racism from a knight of the realm as well. Also, playing Rooney was an absolute f***ing disgrace.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I can think of one person who may have said something along those lines (Chez), but his hatred is quite clearly an irrational one, unlike the rational one BoF has put forward...

Yoda

English & European
My one big hope for all of this is that the media (and sheep that follow them) in this Country will stop believing that we have the best league in the World.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
My one big hope for all of this is that the media (and sheep that follow them) in this Country will stop believing that we have the best league in the World.

thing is, we probably do have the best league in the world standard wise. it is far from the best in terms of entertainment, value for money and as a general competition

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here