Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
So other than Trossard as a striker, White as a midfielder and Burn as a footballer, everyone is playing in their actual preferred positions?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Pep likes Graham - from the BBC

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says "it is a joy to watch" and "a joy to analyse" Brighton.

"When you see them, you are concerned about the quality," he said.

"I said to the players, the first words when we were on the pitch because we cannot be in the meeting rooms, was that we will have to be in the highest standard, the highest level, to compete against them.

"I am a big fan of Graham Potter. I like a lot how they play and it will be a big test for us after this amount of games."

A lot of opposition managers seem to like how we play. Not a good sign.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Trossard wont see the ball

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Walton on the bench. Along with half the U-23's. Blimey.

No Lamptey, Lallana, Bissouma, Welbeck, Connolly, Alzate, Ali J, Molumby, Moder. Are they all sick/injured?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Trossard wont see the ball

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Don't be silly of course he will, its the goal he won't see..

mr_magoo-min.png :rolleyes:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On reflection, that's a very defensive line up. Which I would rather do than go gung-ho against Citeh. If Bernardo can give BDB cover we may be able to keep the score down?

Hopefully the tactics reflect this. I remember Potter’s first game against City at the Etihad, I think we beat them on possession and got absolutely smashed scorewise as a result.

The Potter Out Campaign would have you believe that he can’t learn from experience or change his tactics, let’s see tonight!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another inspired Potty Potter team selection. I can't wait for the match to start. What a joke we have for a manager. He doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing. Bernardo and Burn should be nowhere near the first team and the subs bench defies belief. Utter madness.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Just as well we’ve picked 5 centre backs (6 if you wanted to include Bernardo) against them with no forwards. Would be an interesting game if everyone played in their conventional/old fashioned positions. They’d have 6 centre midfielders against Propper. Davy would take them.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Pep likes Graham - from the BBC

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says "it is a joy to watch" and "a joy to analyse" Brighton.

"When you see them, you are concerned about the quality," he said.

"I said to the players, the first words when we were on the pitch because we cannot be in the meeting rooms, was that we will have to be in the highest standard, the highest level, to compete against them.

"I am a big fan of Graham Potter. I like a lot how they play and it will be a big test for us after this amount of games."

Coaches of teams that beat us without breaking sweat are often complimentary towards Potter. I suspect Pep likes how we play because he knows exactly how to crush us.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
1/ We're going to go ahead. Yay!
Then we'll be level. Hmm!
Then we'll go behind, then a bit more behind unfortunately. Boo!!

2/ We're going to go behind within 5 minutes. Boo!!
Then we'll be level. Yay!
Then we'll go behind, then a bit more behind unfortunately. Boo!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here