Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS

As my F1 loving son has just commented "we're starting to look as competant as Ferrari".

Five centre backs on display out of 11 players once-***king-more.

Better than looking like Williams though. Like Hamilton City have the best car :lolol:

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Damage limitation with pace on the counter, if we tried to go toe to toe with city (again) we would most certainly lose. Not much wrong with this approach

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quality line-up, great selection

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Damage limitation with pace on the counter, if we tried to go toe to toe with city (again) we would most certainly lose. Not much wrong with this approach

Agreed. Potter was damned whatever team he picked in fairness. Knives were on the table long before the team was announced. Sad

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What team would you have picked for a draw or were you thinking this is winnable?

Wasn't even in reference to the squad selection, we are just a poor side missing key players up against an in-form team of world class players away from home.

Mind you, I wouldn't pick Burn or Bernardo under any circumstances given recent displays.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Sure - but tell me your first look at that side didn't give you pause for a while.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Wasn't even in reference to the squad selection, we are just a poor side missing key players up against an in-form team of world class players away from home.

Mind you, I wouldn't pick Burn or Bernardo under any circumstances given recent displays.

The club should get you in to help with the team talks

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
SIX defenders?

I'd imagine Ben White will be DCM in place of Biss. Veltman does venture forward quite a lot (just not at the pace of Lamptey obviously). Going for Bernardo to save BDB any further humiliation (or maybe try to confuse Citeh by marking Bernardo Silva). Ben White at DCM, we need another CB for the back 3 hence BDB. No recognised striker has worked reasonably well against the "big" teams (if we include Arsenal in that). Given the injuries, suspensions and upcoming fixtures this isn't a doolally team selection imo. Only surprise for me is March not starting but that could be due to the upcoming fixtures.

I'm almost as excited to see Tau start as I was before Michael Mahoney-Johnson's debut.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
On reflection, that's a very defensive line up. Which I would rather do than go gung-ho against Citeh. If Bernardo can give BDB cover we may be able to keep the score down?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I feel for Burns

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Sadly Mr Burns would probably do a better job!

tenor.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here