Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U accept 80m For Ronaldo

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i dont see Robben starting too many games, there also after Valencia from Wigan, seems a bit of an odd signing in context.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Not sure I can believe what you've written about Ribery. He's from Boulogne not Saint-Tropez. Earlier in his career he played for Brest which is quite possibly a wetter place than Manchester.

If Man U made an offer which was acceptable for Bayern, Ribery would be there like a shot.

Sounds like a good place to play!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not sure I can believe what you've written about Ribery. He's from Boulogne not Saint-Tropez. Earlier in his career he played for Brest which is quite possibly a wetter place than Manchester.

If Man U made an offer which was acceptable for Bayern, Ribery would be there like a shot.

Being asked whether he is closer to leaving for Spain or England, the French international, for whom Real Madrid are offering €70m, has a prompt and concrete answer.
- “I think I will not be going to England, because the weather there is similar to the weather here in Germany,” said Ribery, hinting at his future place of residence.
The news could come as a disappointment to Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who has seen Ribery as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, in case the Portuguese departs for Real Madrid this summer.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A tricky one for the lad.

Living in a beautiful city where one may sit in the beautiful Plaza Mayor eating a local Cocido Madrileno, sipping a Marques de Riscal and soaking up the glorius Spanish sun or staying put in the wet, dreary city of Munchester eating meat`n tat pie with mushy peas and a pint of weak, foamy Boddingtons.

Must be the money then.......

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I thaught that the Villa deal was done? Valencia are £300m in debt, its only a matter of time!

I agree the Raul is past it but he is 'Mr Real Madrid' and will leave/retire on his terms not the clubs and Robben has played most of this season hasnt he?

To be fair I'm not the most balanced when it comes to my views on Real Madrid! Villa will definitely go somewhere cos as you say Valencia are screwed but I can see any number of clubs being interested. I only really know Robben from his Chelsea days when he seemed to break down a lot so if he has been fit this season then fair enough.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
That is MORE than this :eek:

falmer_stadium01.jpg

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Best bit of footy news in ages. Good riddance the cheating-diving-smug-faced git. I just hope and pray Utd draw Real in next seasons CL, and give them a damned good spanking.

Have to agree. The boy is certainly talented but I dislike everything else that comes with him, the poncing, preening and diving.

For me, the last straw was during a game this season where he was injured and just walked off the ptich and down the tunnel without being substituted - showed utter disrespect. Let's see how he fares without the Utd team to make him look good.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
who is to say it won't just disappear into their black hole of debt

Utd command soo much money from sponsorship and advertising Im sure they didnt sell Ronaldo for the money. If that was the case then Rooney would be on his way aswell, along with Ferdinand and Vidic.

To be fair I'm not the most balanced when it comes to my views on Real Madrid! Villa will definitely go somewhere cos as you say Valencia are screwed but I can see any number of clubs being interested. I only really know Robben from his Chelsea days when he seemed to break down a lot so if he has been fit this season then fair enough.

Im no expert either but Im pretty sure that Robben hasnt had any big injuries this year, but I expct Im wrong.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Being asked whether he is closer to leaving for Spain or England, the French international, for whom Real Madrid are offering €70m, has a prompt and concrete answer.
- “I think I will not be going to England, because the weather there is similar to the weather here in Germany,” said Ribery, hinting at his future place of residence.
The news could come as a disappointment to Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who has seen Ribery as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, in case the Portuguese departs for Real Madrid this summer.

I could imagine if he had a straight choice between Real Madrid/Barcelona or an English club, he probably would go for the former. But, going to Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal would definitely be a step up for Ribery and I'm sure he'd want to go.

Mind you, every club will double its price when Man Utd come sniffiing around their players!

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
This is a good bit of business for United. Dont think that they havent got anyone lined up. Who had really heard of Ronaldo when he first moved to United??? Ferguson will have a new superstar ready to come in.

His name of course is Glen Murray !!! :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good business decision and what a profit on a player !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Utd command soo much money from sponsorship and advertising Im sure they didnt sell Ronaldo for the money. If that was the case then Rooney would be on his way aswell, along with Ferdinand and Vidic.

I'm not saying they sold him for the cash but how much of that cash will be available or should be available, for new players. As somebody else has said, why should they be allowed to win the league with the debt they are in.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm not saying they sold him for the cash but how much of that cash will be available or should be available, for new players. As somebody else has said, why should they be allowed to win the league with the debt they are in.

"It's an outrage!"

tony_harrison1.jpg

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If this happens, it will be one more reason on a long list of reasons to dislike Real Madrid.

Listening to TalkBalls this morning, lots of Man Utd fans have rung up - not a single Mancunian amongst them... and now they're interviewing Eamonn Holmes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here