Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U accept 80m For Ronaldo

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If this happens, it will be one more reason on a long list of reasons to dislike Real Madrid.

Listening to TalkBalls this morning, lots of Man Utd fans have rung up - not a single Mancunian amongst them... and now they're interviewing Eamonn Holmes!

What's the concensus among the Utd fans then? Good riddance or gutted?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'm not saying they sold him for the cash but how much of that cash will be available or should be available, for new players. As somebody else has said, why should they be allowed to win the league with the debt they are in.

Its all about how well they manage their debts, If for instance you were £10k more in debt than me does that mean that you cant do the same things as I can, even if you can manage it better than me?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Its all about how well they manage their debts, If for instance you were £10k more in debt than me does that mean that you cant do the same things as I can, even if you can manage it better than me?

BUt how do you get into £700,000,000 worth of debt and not even have to pay it back.
Surely the banks must be alerted, especially if they are owed £700million, they have £80million they can get just by this, yet they wont

Why is it allowed to happen? You get in debt, you have to pay back, SHIRLEY?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Premier League will be poorer when he goes. If the Spanish keep doing this, the dominace of English clubs in Europe will be eroded. Oh well, I am sure there are many glad to see him go.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

1. Why would he want to join Real Madrid? We're the biggest club in the world.

2. Wayne rooney will step up to the plate.

3. He won't be remembered as a United legend like Cantona, Keane, Best.

4. His diving and whining antics were a bit of an embarrassment all along!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
correct me if i am wrong but United's debt is as a result of the take over by the Glazer family and will be repaid should the club be sold. Also 700 million if the club were in trouble could be paid off, Players being sold, Old Trafford being sold traning ground, assets etc. The club are Assett rich and Cash poor.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Real Madrid are responding to both the Premier League, and Barcelona this summer. Hardly a suprise.

Good deal for United. They can buy three or four world-class players, and will probably be a better team.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Just spoke to my mate who's a Utd fan, he's from down here but does go to games. He said he's not that well liked up there and thinks it's a good deal. From hearing what other fans have said on talksport over the last year I think most will be happy to take the money for him.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
BUt how do you get into £700,000,000 worth of debt and not even have to pay it back.
Surely the banks must be alerted, especially if they are owed £700million, they have £80million they can get just by this, yet they wont

Why is it allowed to happen? You get in debt, you have to pay back, SHIRLEY?

Like Tom has said, alot of their debt is tied up in Assets.

Like when you get your mortgage, you will be say £200k in debt, but your bank wont demand that they get all of your wages each month, just because its sitting in your bank account.

£700m debt for Man Utd is about the same as you or me being in £5k debt, its a lot of money but managable!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yet despite their debt can shell out how much on
Rio Ferdinand
Owen Hargreaves
Dmitar Berbetov
Zoran Tosic
Anderson
Nani
Michael Carrick

dont forget 30million on Rooney!

how people can say chelsea brought the Prem and united havnt is a complete joke.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I quite like Ronaldo.

Like him or loathe him you cannot argue he is a quality player.

I will miss those free kicks however I am sure we will get our fair shares worth on Sky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here