Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U accept 80m For Ronaldo

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be interesting to see if Real can close the gap on Barca as I'd tend to go along with Clough's idea that you build a team from the back, Real just seem interested in working towards an 11 man forward line of the worlds best strikers and midfielders :lol:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That is a silly amount, I wonder if Man Utd will use it to pay off some of the massivse debt they have?

Doubt it
Makes more sense for them to spend it on players, keep them on top, and keep the millions rolling in that way.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Where does all Real's money come from???

£136,000,000 on two players and they are still linked with a host of other top players

Aren't the Spanish goverment involved with them or something like that?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Maybe this deserves a thread of its own, but:

Does anyone else think this is a really good thing for the England team? With no Ronaldo, Fergie will be forced to play our Wayne up front.

Apparently it'll be re-invested in the squad...so expect Tevez to finally be bought along with Benzema and Ribery and a token couple of relative unknowns from somewhere or other.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Apparently it'll be re-invested in the squad...so expect Tevez to finally be bought along with Benzema and Ribery and a token couple of relative unknowns from somewhere or other.
Benzema and Ribery have both said they'd rather not move to England. Wouldn't be surprised if Ribery still ends up at Real too.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
WTF! So Ronaldo isn't actually any good now? What a load of tosh.

The post-rationalisation I've heard from Man Utd fans on the radio today has been extremely entertaining. I've heard that he didn't play for the team, they'll be better without him as Rooney will be freed up, he was arrogant and they never warmed to him, blah blah blah.

Most amusing from the same mob who relentlessly claimed he's the best player in the world this time last year.

Utterly ludicrous money, of course, but English football will be a better place without the diving, cheating, sour faced, arrogant, childish, petulant winking fucker.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To show what a wonderful human being Ronaldo is, two seasons ago, United had just signed Nani and Anderson, and were setting off on their pre season tour of the Far East. SAF asked Ronaldo to sit with the two new lads as they spoke Portuguese and the new boys knew no English, and try to make them feel at home.

There were a limited number of first class seats available, so many of the United players were 'slummming' it in Business Class, including the two new signings. Ronnie refused to move seats from First Class on the grounds that he was a 'superstar' and therefore should not be expected to sit in such shoddy surroundings.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
To show what a wonderful human being Ronaldo is, two seasons ago, United had just signed Nani and Anderson, and were setting off on their pre season tour of the Far East. SAF asked Ronaldo to sit with the two new lads as they spoke Portuguese and the new boys knew no English, and try to make them feel at home.

There were a limited number of first class seats available, so many of the United players were 'slummming' it in Business Class, including the two new signings. Ronnie refused to move seats from First Class on the grounds that he was a 'superstar' and therefore should not be expected to sit in such shoddy surroundings.

Really, quite a story.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I sincerely hope Ronaldo stays south of France indefinitely . . . I struggle to see anything constructive, productive,or moral hes done for anything genuinely football related in this country.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£80 million quid? Well, just shows that, love 'em or hate 'em, ManU have got their head screwed on right. For that sort of silly money, ANY player is available.
Ronaldo is good - but not worth £80 million. Sound decision by ManU to take the money and build an even better team!

How much could we get for El Abd? I like him, and would like him to stay - but silly money could make me change my mind!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here