Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man bags - YES or NO??!!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
So, as it stands, the people who are saying YES to a man bag have pointed out their usefulness. Bags are like that.

Most of those saying NO are pretty obsessed about how GAY it apparently makes you look. To them at least.

And the No men are accusing the Yes men of worrying what they look like???

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If you need a laptop for work then surely that doesn't really count as a man bag. I've got a rucksack with my laptop, tools and various cables that I need for my job.

By man bag I mean one of those 'ironic' Gola things, or a leather satchel. :nono:

l_gola_redford_bag_whiteblack.jpg

:eek:

I was reading this thread having a good chuckle at all the namby pamby metro's who were proudly owning up to having man bags until I saw this post. I don't have a Gola bag but I do have TWO PUMA ones that look almost the same as the Gola one in Billy the fish's photo.:( My Puma bags look like this:

4546793.jpg

In my defence, I got them from my company and they're used for work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
WTF is a man purse?

Here you go...but mine is black smooth leather. Basically its a big wallet (4"x8") with a large-ish coin section, lots of compartments for cards,notes and stuff and a zip round it. Very popular on the continent.

Attachments

• mappurse.jpg
    mappurse.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 270

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In my defence, I got them from my company and they're used for work.
And in my defence, my "man bag" came free with the company I work for right now. And it has a strap, so it works for me.

I'm sure the likes of bushy would have a different view of man bags if one such item had come free with his BNP membership. :thumbsup:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not really. We've done this many times - eg

I don't understand the fuss.

Neither do I to be honest. My laptop bag is, I suspect, morphing into a man-bag. It is definitely not a brief-case.

Any it contains, Laptop, i-pog (and bits), phone charger, wallet, work notes and pens and stuff. And at times, sarnies, and newspaper as well. And I have had a brolly in there as well.

All the stuff that used to be in my briefcase.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Here you go...but mine is black smooth leather. Basically its a big wallet (4"x8") with a large-ish coin section, lots of compartments for cards,notes and stuff and a zip round it. Very popular on the continent.

So I gather this "man purse" is too big to fit in a pocket, and so naturally goes into a manbag, along with the headache pills and hand moisturiser ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
one of the yes voters has surprised me , but it was a dot on the cards that simster and herr tubthumper were going to be enthusiastic mans handbag wearers.

whatever, but you wont see the line of my 501s blighted by an iPhone or a set of keys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So I gather this "man purse" is too big to fit in a pocket, and so naturally goes into a manbag, along with the headache pills and hand moisturiser ?

Man purse fits snuggly in an inside-jacket pocket but that's it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
And in my defence, my "man bag" came free with the company I work for right now. And it has a strap, so it works for me.

I'm sure the likes of bushy would have a different view of man bags if one such item had come free with his BNP membership. :thumbsup:
lazy posting , you know and i know, that ive never advocated bnp policies , in fact i dont even know what they are, dont post it again, in fact what the f*** have the bnp got to do with manbags?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
lazy posting , you know and i know, that ive never advocated bnp policies , in fact i dont even know what they are, dont post it again.
Sorry, I was getting you mixed up with algie.

Although, surely you couldn't expect me to let your own post pass - the one specifically mentioning ME! Especially when I'm really only a borderline man bagger.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sorry, I was getting you mixed up with algie.

Although, surely you couldn't expect me to let your own post pass - the one specifically mentioning ME! Especially when I'm really only a borderline man bagger.
of course not,but abuse me in the context of the post rather than the sort of bnp stereotyping that i get slaughtered for !

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've got a little black shiny leather man bag from Zara and there is nothing gay about that.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the problem is to be fair, a lot of people lose valuable pocket space when they cut the backside out of their trousers.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I just wear jeans with BIG pockets

Me too, but the pockets are usually a design feature and aren't really supposed to be used :lol:

These are the jeans I have on right now but darker, for example;

ft_snorker_katskill_l.jpg

The pockets are clearly not meant for a big bulky (Police) wallet :thumbsup:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Me too, but the pockets are usually a design feature and aren't really supposed to be used :lol:

These are the jeans I have on right now but darker, for example;

ft_snorker_katskill_l.jpg

The pockets are clearly not meant for a big bulky (Police) wallet :thumbsup:

Oh dear.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here