Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man bags - YES or NO??!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think that shows a bit of style. And a bit of humour as well. It all adds to the sum of human happiness.

The world would be a poorer place if we all dressed the same.

Anyone who spends their time by going on ebay for back issues of "Look In" for style tips deserves a punch.

There is absolutely nothing original at all about dressing ironically in the hub of London's media scene.

That's the real irony.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite right. What do you carry in the small white manbag on the right, the one with a spout?

Oh dear, I'm showing a bit more than I thought. It's an indoor plant waterer.....chicks always like a man who has a plant beyond a yukka.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Anyone who spends their time by going on ebay for back issues of "Look In" for style tips deserves a punch.

There is absolutely nothing original at all about dressing ironically in the hub of London's media scene.

That's the real irony.

Fair enough. Still it does sound like the sort of thing to make you smile if you see it.

I'd say it is better than the 90% of the male population in t-shirt, jeans, and trainers.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
*Ahem!* I refer the honourable gentleman to my post three above his!

Anyway, I'm glad we agree. Talking of old school equipment my son's got an old Thomas the Tank Engine lunch box. I'm wondering if I can convince one of these metropoofs that it's now a stylish 'must have' accessory. They'll be wetting their knickers.

Does it have the matching thermos flask?
I never had one of these at school - I had to slum it with an old ice cream box.
These days a tescos carrier bag does the job of transporting my sandwiches to work.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was it an ORIGINAL Chopper with the gear lever on the frame ?
Or was it one of the new retro ones that has the gears on the handlebars (in this more "health-n-safety-concious" world of ours these days) ?

If it was the latter, I'd have been tempted to ram my umbrella in his front wheel. If I was carrying it that day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh dear, I'm showing a bit more than I thought. It's an indoor plant waterer.....chicks always like a man who has a plant beyond a yukka.

I'll be more careful in the future. I dont want to turn this site into a NSC Cribs kind of thing. Although that could be interesting.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
f*** me have you just discovered that there was a bit of a craze by vacuous Soho/Shoreditch idiots and other utter mongs for buying up Raleigh Choppers a few years ago?

Kind offer - but no thanks.

No - I have not just discovered it - I have just heard one being used. I have not seen one in use - let alone by an adult for years. Good on him. Makes a lot of people smile I should think.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly.

Now if it was a Grifter then thats different lol

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Quite possibly the worst thing I've seen in my life in Soho was a twenty something with a dunlop man bag, retro seventies mullet, flaired jeans, tartan jacket and wait for it...

... riding a Chopper.

Me and a mate were completely dumbstruck.

I thought I'd been transported into an episode of Screen Test and Michael Rodd was about to ask me questions about a clip from smething by the Childrens Film Foundation.

the Children's film foundation!

thanks for that :eek:fftoyoutube:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like the fact that there are ads for Choppers appearing at the top of the page...a lot less than £500 though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here