Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man bags - YES or NO??!!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
f*** going to the trouble of lining them up in your front room, taking a photo, up loading it and posting it on a football website. That way madness lies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice flooring.
But I think your rug needs more contrast with the walls to bring a little more balance to the room. You could also box that wire in.

Thanks, the rug has a colourful geometric design on it but yes I do agree a little more contrast is probably in order.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
f*** going to the trouble of lining them up in your front room, taking a photo, up loading it and posting it on a football website. That way madness lies.

Takes next to no time with an iPhone and a Mac darling. Sometimes one just needs to share their accessories with others.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
they are proper bent.

Admit it, you'd love one of these

bag_che_200w.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
absolutely no !

..I think a man bag would work for you Bushy. It would smooth off some of them rough edges you have.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yeah. And jeans from All Saints and highlighted hair and those pink shirts the club shop is doing and big coloured wristbands saying something noble about poverty and Hawaaiian shorts and Fosters and Hard-Fi and calling people "pal" or "matey" and viewing Danny Dyer as a role model and Top Gear and going daahn the greyhounds and the occasional few beers in the King and Queen just for a laugh and LOL.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Here is the Herr Tubthumper collection.

From left to right: The work man bag, the 'everyday' leisure man bag and the man purse.
I used to have one of those as a schoolboy back in the 1960s. In those days we called them satchels.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
To me, a manbag has to be smaller than a record bag. Something just big enough to fit your phone and wallet in. Maybe a pair of sunglasses.

I have a nice Lacoste one. Got it a year or so ago.

Very handy and twice as dandy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To me, a manbag has to be smaller than a record bag. Something just big enough to fit your phone and wallet in. Maybe a pair of sunglasses.

I have a nice Lacoste one. Got it a year or so ago.

Very handy and twice as dandy.

..needs to be a little bigger so one can fit The Guardian and an Evian bottle in it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I would argue that is a SATCHEL not a MAN BAG.

indeed, its a SCHOOLBOY BAG.

I think Herr Tubthumper should jazz it up by writing BHAFC AGGRO and other stuff on it to make it look more proper schoolboyish, stuff it full of star wars figures football boots and sweets, then take a photo of it as the finished article.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I would argue that is a SATCHEL not a MAN BAG.

Although both have their merits.
*Ahem!* I refer the honourable gentleman to my post three above his!

Anyway, I'm glad we agree. Talking of old school equipment my son's got an old Thomas the Tank Engine lunch box. I'm wondering if I can convince one of these metropoofs that it's now a stylish 'must have' accessory. They'll be wetting their knickers.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Quite possibly the worst thing I've seen in my life in Soho was a twenty something with a dunlop man bag, retro seventies mullet, flaired jeans, tartan jacket and wait for it...

... riding a Chopper.

Me and a mate were completely dumbstruck.

I thought I'd been transported into an episode of Screen Test and Michael Rodd was about to ask me questions about a clip from smething by the Childrens Film Foundation.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Quite possibly the worst thing I've seen in my life in Soho was a twenty something with a dunlop man bag, retro seventies mullet, flaired jeans, tartan jacket and wait for it...

... riding a Chopper.

Me and a mate were completely dumbstruck.

I thought I'd been transported into an episode of Screen Test and Michael Rodd was about to ask me questions about a clip from smething by the Childrens Film Foundation.

and the whole outfit probably cost him a good grand or so. The Rise of the Idiots!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

... riding a Chopper.

I think that shows a bit of style. And a bit of humour as well. It all adds to the sum of human happiness.

The world would be a poorer place if we all dressed the same.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Takes next to no time with an iPhone and a Mac darling. Sometimes one just needs to share their accessories with others.

Quite right. What do you carry in the small white manbag on the right, the one with a spout?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here