Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Think we need a separate Loo Roll watch thread - as of 10 mins ago Sainsbury's West Hove - not a single roll on the shelves...and pasta running out - stocks of beer and peanuts were good though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Serious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Seek help immediately.

It's awful but maybe this will be a wake up call to the people in the USA so he won't get back in as President. Something good has got to come out of this awful mess.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Think we need a separate Loo Roll watch thread - as of 10 mins ago Sainsbury's West Hove - not a single roll on the shelves...and pasta running out - stocks of beer and peanuts were good though

How absorbent are peanuts? Asking for a friend.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Deaths yes, from those who are old and lonely who have died in their homes

My father died in hospital, my mother in a hospice. Both had to have a cause of death identified and signed off by the duty doctor or in the case of my father his consultant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Reckon there needs to an emergency Wanker Tax introduced. Buy a couple of 4 packs of loo rolls, fine. Fill up yer shopping trolley with them, then you're a Wanker and your moronic stockpile should be taxed at source ie checkout accordingly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

We will know when we are in a genuine crisis when the Wholewheat Pasta starts selling.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"...supermarket sources said that while they have had general talks about security of food supplies, they have not discussed getting food to homes.

One executive said he was "baffled" by the suggestions."

:shrug:

im pretty sure supermarkets know how to do this.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
shirley the supermarkets can limit loo roll and pasta to 1/2 packs per person. quite able to do so on offer items or paracetamol (you cant possibly need more than 2x16 tablets, so we wont sell you them)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
shirley the supermarkets can limit loo roll and pasta to 1/2 packs per person. quite able to do so on offer items or paracetamol (you cant possibly need more than 2x16 tablets, so we wont sell you them)

We did our weekly big shop yesterday and just bought what he needsd, as always.

There was plenty of loo roll, but pasta was all gone.

I just figured by this time next week, all the panic-buying will be done and stocks will return to normal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spain has 3 deaths from 261 cases. Not sure who's doing your maths.
They have 8 completed cases. 5 died, 3 recovered. That's 62.5%. Ask your mum to check it for you if you like.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're assuming the actual mortality rate to be far lower than 3%, given that a huge % of people who get coronavirus get it so mildly that they show little to no symptoms, and are therefore not going to be included in the stats of cases, right?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
im pretty sure supermarkets know how to do this.

Yes, yes they do. In fact in the article it says 6-7% is home delivered.

But it may be that to get the extra vehicles and staff to pick/pack/dispatch and deliver this on some larger, as yet undefined scale, maybe with extra health and safety precautions could prove to be more of an issue. I would imagine those are the sort of things the supermarkets may well want to have preliminary discussions with the government about.

Possibly before Matt Hancock announces "We are working with the supermarkets to make sure that, if people are self-isolating, then we will be able to get the food and supplies that they need."' ???

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're assuming the actual mortality rate to be far lower than 3%, given that a huge % of people who get coronavirus get it so mildly that they show little to no symptoms, and are therefore not going to be included in the stats of cases, right?

I'd say hoping rather than assuming, but it seems to make sense.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't want to alarm you, but that's what Trump is saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here