Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here you go, in case you missed it before

A49B871D-22C6-491E-B5DD-7E55BDB33661.jpeg

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
This media-whipped-up bollocks has served as a pretty stark illustration of how flimsy our illusion of a mature civilised society actually is. Doesn't take very much at all for wankers to start filling up their shopping trolleys with pasta and bog rolls. What's the betting the shitferbrains didn't think of also stocking up on pasta sauce and a half-decent Italian grated cheese. And maybe a nice white wine. Beyond peurile. Why do 'we' always have to act like a herd of c****s?

Bit much.

My opinion is that the majority of people may have just bunged "a bit extra" in their trolley - especially when they hear about the loo rolls and then see there isn't great stock on the shelf. I'd say that was just human nature. It then just becomes a run on certain items, I really don't see people going in and buying loads of packs of loo rolls. In store stock levels aren't much anyway and it doesn't take much to deplete them I'd imagine.

I've walked to the shops several times over the past week and not found any issues getting what I want. I did buy some loo rolls because i needed them but stupidly i felt a bit guilty for doing so because of the "media frenzy". In fact, loo rolls are one of the last things I'd worry about , prioritising, erm, water and food perhaps.

What I have realised though with all this palava is that unlike my dear old nan (rip) and my mum, both obviously very old fashioned, I don't keep much of a larder - and perhaps that's not a great idea?

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Bit much.

My opinion is that the majority of people may have just bunged "a bit extra" in their trolley - especially when they hear about the loo rolls and see there isn't great stock. It's just becomes a run on certain items, I really don't see people going in and buying loads of packs of loo rolls. In store stock levels aren't much anyway and it doesn't take much to deplete them I'd imagine.

I've walked to the shops several times over the past week and not found any issues getting what I want. I did buy some loo rolls because i needed them but stupidly i felt a bit guilty for doing so because of the "media frenzy". In fact, loo rolls are one of the last things I'd worry about though, prioritising, erm, water and food perhaps.

What I have realised though with all this palava is that unlike my dear old nan (rip) and my mum, both obviously very old fashioned, I don't keep much of a larder - and perhaps that's not a great idea?

The **** and his wife at my local store this morning after wandering out and then loading at least 4 packs of 9 into his souped up Range River didn’t conform to your assumption. Especially as he whooped and danced about while being filmed by his stupid wife.
Bast*rd

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The **** and his wife at my local store this morning after wandering out and then loading at least 4 packs of 9 into his souped up Range River didn’t conform to your assumption. Especially as he whooped and danced about while being filmed by his stupid wife.
Bast*rd

Ooh, they sound like 'influencers'

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OK...serious question
What, on NSC?

...how are they including in the list of stats people who show little to no symptoms?
Largely, they're not?

Meanwhile, you aren't helping at all with your sensationalist Daily Express bullshit. It's beneath you.
:rolleyes: I'm not sensationalising anything. You posted that nonsense on the other thread a week ago, and when I pointed out your mistake you just went away.

On the other thread I posted about the fatality rate in a couple of countries, but it was tongue in cheek, as the numbers released so far were in single figures. You've probably taken that as sensationalism, but it wasn't. I've posted a fair bit on this subject and I've tried to be objective. If you want to have a go at someone for trying to sensationalise the problem, look for those who are calling for all borders to be shut, and saying that half the world will die.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-05/coronavirus-covid-19-what-its-like-to-have-the-virus/12026902

From the link:
Key points:
Australians Karen and Jason Honey both became infected with coronavirus on the Diamond Princess cruise ship
Ms Honey has suffered bouts of fever at night, regularly having to change her clothes and sheets
Mr Honey has had no symptoms at all, despite testing positive for the virus.

I realise it's just two people's experience but it shows how a true count of those infected might be hard to come by and also shows you're not going to save yourself by people self-isolating. They're here now, and walk amongst us, infected.............without knowing it.

This, and the "two different strains" revelation perhaps reveal why we have been so polarised. The Hove "super-spreader" had very little symptoms and fully recovered in a day or two. In my experience that's a better outcome than some colds which can knock you out for a few days and leave you sniffly or prone to a chest infection. But even mention the "c-word" even as a joke in a mock-exaggerated rant and people jump all over you, because all they can see is the people reacting badly and having bad fever or getting hospitalised.

In all honesty it looks like this is going to be very shit for some people, virtually unnoticed for others and impossible to contain. I assume Boris was given at least part of this intelligence before his comments yesterday. It's looking more and more like a lottery.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Two possible positive solutions;

1. Weather improves and it buggers off of it's own accord - daily cases are going down all the time in China, a place with far worse hygiene than here.
The rate at which the virus has spread in China has slowed hugely, thanks to the authoritarian government shutting so much down, not because of the weather, or it just buggering off. The problem is, when they inevitably try to go back to work, the virus will start spreading again, because it hasn't just gone.

2. If contagion gets to "state of emergency/TIEM TO PANICK" standard (unlikely, but possible), we all self isolate for 2 weeks. Catch up on netflix, and boom - coronavirus gone.
Are you being serious? You accuse me of sensationalising the dangers, but then you come out with that? Why is it that you think no governments are coming out with such nonsense? Firstly, 2 weeks is not enough. Some people will start showing symptoms in that time, and certainly won't be clear a couple of weeks later. They'll also spread the virus to those they live with, who will have to then stay put for another few weeks. Secondly, it's not possible for all services (emergency, power, water) to just not show up for 2 (more like 6) weeks. What about all those in hospital now? What about crime etc?

Should it be completely dismissed out of hand? No. But some people's reactions atm are utterly, utterly ludicrous and really aren't helping those with a nervous/anxious disposition. Use some common sense
Agreed, but while some are overstating the dangers, others like you aren't using common sense, and are understating the dangers.

Further positive - there were 58,000 active infections back on Feb 19th. There are currently 39,000, at a time when we are testing at a far higher rate, and have much more awareness of the virus.
If you think this virus is just going to go away, you're not paying attention.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some good news from Brexit at least:

Supermarket executive:
While the supermarket was largely keeping up with demand, teams were working "round the clock" to keep shelves stocked, he said.

"We are using processes and staffing levels we set up in case of a no-deal Brexit."

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They looked like twats. Looked at me glaring and seemed a bit embarrassed.

Utter cockwombles

Don't be surprised to see them trending on youtube, possibly with a totally banal video about any annoying bloke who was 'abusing' them in the supermarket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Two possible positive solutions;

1. Weather improves and it buggers off of it's own accord - daily cases are going down all the time in China, a place with far worse hygiene than here.
2. If contagion gets to "state of emergency/TIEM TO PANICK" standard (unlikely, but possible), we all self isolate for 2 weeks. Catch up on netflix, and boom - coronavirus gone.

Should it be completely dismissed out of hand? No. But some people's reactions atm are utterly, utterly ludicrous and really aren't helping those with a nervous/anxious disposition. Use some common sense - this part isn't aimed at you, [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION]...

Further positive - there were 58,000 active infections back on Feb 19th. There are currently 39,000, at a time when we are testing at a far higher rate, and have much more awareness of the virus.

There have also been less critical cases day-on-day since Feb 18th until now.

Again, focusing on the stats as a whole, rather than cherry-picking the most scary ones, helps a lot. Ignore the papers and focus on the stats.

Looking at total cases is meaningless.

China have locked up c60m people for weeks on end, throttling the spread there.

However look at the growth outside China - it’s an exponential curve shooting skyward. Other countries can’t/won’t lock up their people in the same way as China have. The number of cases will gather pace massively.

Millions will get this - it is forecast our peak is 2-3 months away.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
This, and the "two different strains" revelation perhaps reveal why we have been so polarised. The Hove "super-spreader" had very little symptoms and fully recovered in a day or two. In my experience that's a better outcome than some colds which can knock you out for a few days and leave you sniffly or prone to a chest infection. But even mention the "c-word" even as a joke in a mock-exaggerated rant and people jump all over you, because all they can see is the people reacting badly and having bad fever or getting hospitalised.

In all honesty it looks like this is going to be very shit for some people, virtually unnoticed for others and impossible to contain. I assume Boris was given at least part of this intelligence before his comments yesterday. It's looking more and more like a lottery.

You’ve changed your tune

“It’s the flu FFS”

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you worried about getting Coronavirus ?

Were your previous views based solely on one bloke you knew instead of the wealth of information coming from national and international health bodies?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Wow

You’ve changed your tune

“It’s the flu FFS”

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I'd say that Trump is in the 'high risk' category. Elderly, underlying health problems?

Didn’t Johnson used to smoke and he’s obese too

Wouldn’t it be absolutely wonderful if the pair of them went down with it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You’ve changed your tune

“It’s the flu FFS”

For most people it seems it will be - or less. I'm not sure I'm saying we must close the borders and isolate everyone and suspend the football and so on, because I'm not. I'm just saying that as a positive optimist with a healthy sense of my own mortality I focussed in on the less virulent strain. Something I said early on, funnlity enough - that viruses can mutate if they are too strong (citing black death)- has happened. I was shut down on that one - turns out I was right.

Were your previous views based solely on one bloke you knew instead of the wealth of information coming from national and international health bodies?

What wealth of information? My current post was based on the up to date FACTS that there are two different strains and that people seem to react very differently to the virus. That's not information that's been out there too long. But when "national and international health bodies" include the Chinese government, the Iranian government and WHO experts who have to justify a salary I will take them with a pinch of salt.

But, yes, I'd like to believe the mild infection is what most people will get because that seems to be true, doesn't it?

Wow

You’ve changed your tune

“It’s the flu FFS”

So good you said it twice......

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here