Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Solid at the back, please do not read this post, it's not indicative of the rest of the world, or how things will progress in Spain (or the US).

Spain's fatality rate is currently 62.5%
The USA's is 60.9%

Spain showing 3 deaths...
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US should of been testing since Jan, apparently been in the community since then. They will have thousands of undetected cases and deaths

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As a conspiracy theorist I say anything is possible. The official version could be true. It could be some kind of internal Chinese coup. Some accident or some experiment to see the current levels of obedience and control. Everyone who leaves home during lockup registered, maybe.

And it could be like in that book. At some point overpopulation is going to be solved, you dont need massive workforce nowadays and when the elites dont need us, we're dead. Its quite likely carefully planned and a lot of people probably know a lot, hence why you can write books that accurately predict future developments. Its not just guesses, people know shit and its global. Koontz could be one. The "people who know shit" are in China as well, the Zhi Gong party.

That said we tinfoil soliders need to be careful with facts if we are to recruite to our army: that last picture is from some other book written in like 2012 or something.

Personally I actually believe this virus official "story" to be at least mostly true, but you never know.

In “ like” 2012?

Or in 2012?

Or sometime around 2012?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Deaths yes, from those who are old and lonely who have died in their homes

If someone hasn't seen a doctor previously (I'm not sure of the time limit) then a post mortem has to be performed. Nobody can die undetected in this country.
A cause of death has to be recorded on the death certificate. A body cannot be buried or cremated without it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Spain showing 3 deaths...
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US should of been testing since Jan, apparently been in the community since then. They will have thousands of undetected cases and deaths
It'll be very interesting to analyse which countries had the most effective response when this is all over, and to learn lessons from that.

I know you want the country locked down, but getting a certain level of immunity into the population must have a benefit. It wouldn't be great to be a country with no immunity if a nastier, unstoppable further wave hits.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
At least our Government have their finger on the pulse and are aware of all future issues and are desperately trying not to continue to lie to the population

Oh......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51769184

"...supermarket sources said that while they have had general talks about security of food supplies, they have not discussed getting food to homes.

One executive said he was "baffled" by the suggestions."

:shrug:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Oh bollocks. I bloody new NSC was bad for my health. Now one of us has got Covid-19!

Currently active users:
AIT76, Albion_Dave, Algernon, Alonso Moseley, Arthritic Toe, Arthur, atomised, backson, Bad Ash, baileybob, Barham's tash, Baz2000, Beach Seagull, Bedsex, BeHereNow, Belocaerodo, bhafc99, BHAFCLive, bhanutz, big nuts, Birdie Boy, Biscuit Barrel, blueandwhitestripes, Bold Seagull, Bozza, Braggfan, BrickTamland, brightn'ove, Brighton Lines, Brighton4Cambridge3, Bring Back Gary Hart, buddyboy01, Bulldog, Camp Freddy, carlzeiss, CHAPPERS, Charles 'Charley' Charles, Chicken Run, chimneys, clapham_gull, clarkey, Commander, countryman, Creaky, crodonilson, Curious Orange, Da Man Clay, Dale Jasper, dantheman, dazzer6666, Deadly Danson, deanbon, Denis, DerekZoolander, Dick Head, Dick Knights Mumm, Dick Swiveller, dingodan, disgruntled h blocker, djentist, Don Quixote, Dr Bandler, Dr. No, Drebin, Driver8, DumLum, Easy 10, Ernest, essbee1, Falmer Flutter ©, ferris_ferrit, franks brother, gazingdown, Gazwag, goldenballs, GOM, Gordon Bennett, Greeko, Green Cross Code Man, Greg Bobkin, GT49er, Guinness Boy, Half Time Pies, hart's shirt, Hereford Gull, Herr Tubthumper, Horses Arse, Horton's halftime iceberg, Hotchilidog, Hungry Joe, Icy Gull, Iggle Piggle, Igzilla, Invicta, JamesAndTheGiantHead, JBizzle, Jello, Jesus Gul, Jim D, JJ McClure, johnny jigsaw, Johnnyboy, juliant, knocky1, KZNSeagull, LamieRobertson, Larry, Leegull, Lewesian Seagull, Lifelong Supporter, loz, Machiavelli, Mackenzie, Martyn Pelham, mashman156, Mattigil, Megazone, Mellor 3 Ward 4, middletoenail, Mortdecai, mwrpoole, n1 gull, neilbard, New_boy_Dave, Nibor, Nixonator, Nobby, nordicgod, Papa Lazarou, Perry Milkins, Peteinblack, peterward, Pistol, Plake, Plunge, portslade seagull, Psychobilly freakout, rabbitmaddie, Robert Codners Nostrils, Robinjakarta, rogersix, RossyG, Scappa, schmunk, Seagull in Range, Seagull kimchi, Siney, spanish flair, Stuart Munday, Stumpy Tim, super-seagulls, surrey jim, Swansman, TerryT, The Clamp, tinx, Tiptoe through the NSC, Titanic, Tom Hark, Preston Park, Toronto Seagull, Triggaaar, twiggles, Uh_huh_him, Uncle Spielberg, vegster, Voroshilov, W3 BHA, Westdene Seagull, Weststander, Withdean11, wolfie, Wozza, Wrong-Direction, yxee

Phew! Not me then

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
"...supermarket sources said that while they have had general talks about security of food supplies, they have not discussed getting food to homes.

One executive said he was "baffled" by the suggestions."

:shrug:

The Government need to get Chris Grayling on the case to find a private company to do it.

They could have Pizza Delivery company T&C's on their website and no one would really notice.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Just to put things into even LARGER perspective if you are under 50 you are less than 0.4% likely to die. That means even the VAST majority of those with underlying health issues under 50 will be absolutely fine.

Mortality rates by age:

40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just to put things into even LARGER perspective if you are under 50 you are less than 0.4% likely to die. That means even the VAST majority of those with underlying health issues under 50 will be absolutely fine.

Mortality rates by age:

40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

Do you have parents or grandparents?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Boris said yesterday more or less, we might as well accept 80% of us are going to get it and just it done with and crack on. I don't think it went down too well

I'll be absolutely stunned if he did say that.

It'll be the nearest he's ever come to an attempt at honesty in 55 years ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Mortality rates by age:

40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

I assume you’ve been working through pages on the excellent Worldometer site I linked to earlier?

I saw the age stats some days back, but they do t change my level of concern at all, as my concern is not for me.

My concern is for others who aren’t as lucky (as it is only luck that has led you to be “young” and “fit” as this has spread).

My concern is for healthcare professionals who are likely to be burdened like never before, looking after others whilst trying to manage their own wellbeing, and that of their family.

My concern is for the economic downturn that seems to be underway and how that may impact numerous companies, sending affected employees into financial hardship.

I can’t do “I’m alright Jack” and, whilst I’m not suggesting you are, you seen somewhat blasé about this.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Mortality rates by age:

40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

Sadly, I am 59 , what's my odds ?