Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
While it could be seen as depressing, its also quite uplifting that everyone seems to be doing social distansing reasonably well (maybe except for the bike road). People either on their own or with one other individual.

But sure, not much of a lockdown.

The problem is it only takes one exception like the cycle lane for it to become a serious problem for someone else, in terms of their health, by it being spread because of it.

There was half a dozen lads having a kick about in the park not doing any social distancing when I had a stroll an hour and a half ago. I had a look at that webcam footage from just before 14:50 and 13:50 today - I didn't see it being done 100% there either, be it on the beach or people passing on the seafront.

In normal times breaking the law and flouting the rules is a birthright if you're from Hastings, but this isn't the time to be doing it. :down:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A pretty depressing article if true - https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/183...ton-hove-seafront-looks-like-today/#gallery10

Can any B&H residents confirm?

I haven't been down to the seafront here in Hastings for weeks, but footage from this webcam earlier shows a similar picture in terms of numbers on the actual seafront today also:

:nono:

What a few people out for a walk like they're supposed to? All keeping their distance? Why is that depressing. A couple of people sat on the beach but they probably live in a hot flat and had a walk to get there, they're allowed a brief rest.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Another 5800 positive tests which on average will equate to around 600 deaths until this positive test figure reduces to less than a thousand a day lockdown will continue

Not necessarily. In fact I would hazard that is very unlikely. That is because they are now testing not only NHS workers who have symptoms but also care workers. A couple of weeks ago it was pretty much only patients who arrived already very unwell at hospital. Now in that figure, many of the positive tests will not need hospitalisation.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Haha these make me lols.

Same people will be moaning when BA have a monopoly and charge what ever they want.

Then again the people that normally sign these don’t go on the type of holiday Virgin Sell
Yeah true, best to just let the billionaires get away with it

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The problem is it only takes one exception like the cycle lane for it to become a serious problem for someone else, in terms of their health, by it being spread because of it.

There was half a dozen lads having a kick about in the park not doing any social distancing when I had a stroll an hour and a half ago. I had a look at that webcam footage from just before 14:50 and 13:50 today - I didn't see it being done 100% there either, be it on the beach or people passing on the seafront.

In normal times breaking the law and flouting the rules is a birthright if you're from Hastings, but this isn't the time to be doing it. :down:
Give it a rest, people are ALOWED out, getting tired of people dissing those going for walks on the beach and parks now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What a few people out for a walk like they're supposed to? All keeping their distance? Why is that depressing. A couple of people sat on the beach but they probably live in a hot flat and had a walk to get there, they're allowed a brief rest.

If they're all keeping their distance and they're all from the same household, fine. I just don't believe that is being done across the board though and the more people that are out, the more it won't be. It certainly wasn't on my walk earlier (again) and it didn't appear to be on that webcam, which if you're really, really bored you can also view. If it's happening in my neck of the woods, it's happening elsewhere. Why am I having to be the one stepping out into the road to maintain social distancing when shopping on Wednesday? Why are some of the other people I pass happy to walk past as normal, while some aren't?

I just stuck 'police breaking up parties' into my Google and I get this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52344037

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2...ficer-sent-to-break-up-illegal-lincoln-party/

I wonder how many other parties Greater Manchester Police, Lincolnshire Police and other forces didn't attend last night because they weren't reported?

I just do not see any laurels to rest on yet I'm afraid and the longer this goes one, the more ****ed I am like most people will be.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Give it a rest, people are ALOWED out, getting tired of people dissing those going for walks on the beach and parks now.

I'm not dissing people going out if they're social distancing and doing the right thing. A minority are spoiling it by not doing it though and it becomes difficult if beaches and parks become busy. I fully appreciate I'm lucky where I am in that regard that I can social distance when out in a park close to me as it isn't generally too busy, even if an idiot is approaching me and isn't bothered about doing so.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm not dissing people going out if they're social distancing and doing the right thing. A minority are spoiling it by not doing it though and it becomes difficult if beaches and parks become busy. I fully appreciate I'm lucky where I am in that regard that I can social distance when out in a park close to me as it isn't generally too busy, even if an idiot is approaching me and isn't bothered about doing so.
Of course theres a few people spoiling it. These are the c***s that walked amongst us before the virus and will continue to after it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Of course theres a few people spoiling it. These are the c***s that walked amongst us before the virus and will continue to after it.

Unfortunately though because of these c***s, some perfectly decent people potentially won't be able to walk amongst us after it ever again.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A pretty depressing article if true - https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/183...ton-hove-seafront-looks-like-today/#gallery10

Can any B&H residents confirm?

I haven't been down to the seafront here in Hastings for weeks, but footage from this webcam earlier shows a similar picture in terms of numbers on the actual seafront today also:

:nono:

As long as they're social distancing is there really any major problem if they're paddle-boarding rather than walking? Or are we now deciding which forms of exercise are and are not verboten?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A couple of people sat on the beach but they probably live in a hot flat and had a walk to get there, they're allowed a brief rest.

If I lived near the beach in the flat I live in I'd 100% sit on the beach for a bit. I'm allowed outside, as long as I'm not near anyone why does it matter? I wish I could afford a property with a garden.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure if I’m reading this right, but he appears to be suggesting a sizeable proportion of people who have had COVID-19 may not produce anti-bodies, perhaps in some cases may not need to?

Concern therefore is that antibody tests won’t give us a true picture of how many have had it, and may be underestimating, possibly by a long way.

[TWEET]1252138545462030338[/TWEET]

My understanding - could be wrong - is that all 104 people have previously tested positive on the "do you have it now' COVID test.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The chap from the Zoe app just said on Radio Five that they are reasonably sure, given the number of people who have contributed to it, that 4% of the population has had Covid 19. Far fewer than most estimates.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure if I’m reading this right, but he appears to be suggesting a sizeable proportion of people who have had COVID-19 may not produce anti-bodies, perhaps in some cases may not need to?

Concern therefore is that antibody tests won’t give us a true picture of how many have had it, and may be underestimating, possibly by a long way.

[TWEET]1252138545462030338[/TWEET]

My understanding - could be wrong - is that all 104 people have previously tested positive on the "do you have it now' COVID test.

Yep, real concern that anyone who has had it may not be immune from catching it again. Much more (and more precise) data needed though..............

On the plus side, 5800 positive test won't lead to 600 deaths. As testing numbers increase the % of those tested leading to death will drop dramatically - up until very recently only the seriously ill (in hospital) have been tested - now it's including, for example, NHS staff showing mild symptoms.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep, real concern that anyone who has had it may not be immune from catching it again. Much more (and more precise) data needed though..............

On the plus side, 5800 positive test won't lead to 600 deaths. As testing numbers increase the % of those tested leading to death will drop dramatically - up until very recently only the seriously ill (in hospital) have been tested - now it's including, for example, NHS staff showing mild symptoms.

I suppose however, an optimistic view could be that it might be so mild in some that they do not even create antibodies, and therefore future reinfections for those people may be similar in nature again?

As you say - the positive cases are shifting - previously it was only people who absolutely needed to be tested, and were mostly already showing moderate to severe symptoms. That is no longer the case as testing should shift more and more to NHS and other key workers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is however frustrating if this means that antibody testing might not be the game changer we hoped it might be, given that in this small test sample, over 90% of those who have recovered from COVID-19 don't even have antibodies to show!

Be interesting to see the numbers on their further test in 3 weeks' time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here