Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
As someone replied on that Twitter feed
f1d16614609fa47984d9e2809af529b3.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Saw an apt analogy today:
Look the parachute has slowed us down, we can take it off now......
I like it.

The graph (with 'See? It wasn't so bad! We overreacted!' comment) is like landing safely on the ground, taking your deployed parachute off and saying you didn't even need it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see the good news of the arrival of PPE from Turkey which was third or fourth on the news early today is now the headline....because it’s been delayed. Fecking unbelievable how intent the media are in delivering bad news first.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I see the good news of the arrival of PPE from Turkey which was third or fourth on the news early today is now the headline....because it’s been delayed. Fecking unbelievable how intent the media are in delivering bad news first.

We were expecting the delivery so it wasn't headline news until it was delayed. Makes sense to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were expecting the delivery so it wasn't headline news until it was delayed. Makes sense to me.

Given the relentless daily lack of PPE stories I’d suggest it should have been the top news item BEFORE it got delayed

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
England 482 deaths
Scotland 10 deaths
Wales 41 deaths
Northern Ireland 1 death

UK Total - 534 Massive drop.

Edit: 596 Revised total

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Numbers lower likely due to weekend recording BUT that number was 737 last sunday and 2 weeks ago it was 621, certainly appears to back the downward trend we are now in, judging by other countries the downward trend could still be a slow and generally painful 500/700 deaths per day plateau though.

Infections also remain stable, and given people tested increasing numbers are stable.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What the reason UK reports only hospitalised Covid-deaths?

Consistency and convenience. The first allows close comparison with other countries who mostly report this way. The second due to quicker collation of results. Deaths measured elsewhere take longer to drip through.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Haha these make me lols.

Same people will be moaning when BA have a monopoly and charge what ever they want.

Then again the people that normally sign these don’t go on the type of holiday Virgin Sell

Can’t be worse than BA & Virgin price fixing though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here