Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It does look like it but the number of positives is impacted by the number of tests carried out. A more useful number might be the % of tests that are positive. Number of deaths is also a true reflection of the way it's going, sadly.

Indeed. None of these figures work in isolation. Its proper comparisons against other similar sized nations to plot trajectory that are helpful

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I suppose if they let all those shit infested bacterial rampant markets operate then having some sort of plan is reasonable. Pity they can't figure out a way not to need a plan

Classy.

Pity the uk/europe/the/u.s/everywhere else despite knowing 'they let all those shit infested bacterial rampant markets operate' couldn't figure out the need for a plan.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Anyone else heard this one “Civil servants are leaking that the army is being mobilised and London is going to be on lockdown at the weekend”

From an allegedly reliable source (in fact several)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Just seen these replies on the The Argus website regarding the huge queues and lack of food at Asda. Made me laugh as I went there yesterday and left almost empty handed.

Just been in ASDA Hollingbury .
Saw a bloke with a trolley stacked with sanitiser, loo roll, baby wipes
Told him he was disgrace, an opportunist & selfish, that the elderly had greater need than him
He said "That's all great mate, but can I finish stacking the shelves now"

Boy says to his mum "what's Coronavirus?"
Mums says be quiet and eat your toilet rolls!

More likely to get coronavirus than food in that queue

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
UK education secretary to make statement at 17:00GMT

The UK government's Education Secretary, Gavin Williamson - responsible for the system in England - will make a statement in the House of Commons at 17:00GMT.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Willie Thorne [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]WillieThorne

I realise everybody is having a tough time, mines just got worse I’ve been diagnosed with leukaemia I’m devastated start chemotherapy tomorrow I’m in Spain were the health care is hopefully second to none love to you all Willie x

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I got sent the same thing by some friends on Sunday saying "tomorrow at 9am" they'd do the same thing

ie, the usual non-attributed fear rumours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here