Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If we are going similar to the Italian numbers, unfortunately deaths will start sky rocketing by the hundreds in the next week or so. Feels helpless now there’s nothing we can do to stop this unfolding at this part of the outbreak, just have to hope we can slow it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we are going similar to the Italian numbers, unfortunately deaths will start sky rocketing by the hundreds in the next week or so. Feels helpless now there’s nothing we can do to stop this unfolding at this part of the outbreak, just have to hope we can slow it.

There is a lot that can be done and the first thing is act responsibly and follow all official advice given.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm not saying it won't be attempted I just don't think that it will be able to be effectively enforced as in EU countries, what's going to happen if people flout it? Arresting them won't work, Brighton for instance has sum total of 36 police cells available and Sussex as a whole around 150 or less so mass arrest won't be possible

Our friends in Madrid say the police shouting at you to get back in your home seems to have the desired affect on most. In France its about a 40 euro fine then a 200 euro fine before they cart you off.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There is a lot that can be done and the first thing is act responsibly and follow all official advice given.

Agreed, but the initial damage is now done we can’t stop the current death toll multiplying over the coming days, all we can do now is try to do things now to stop it later down the line.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
was about to post that if they do lock down London, hope all the MPs and their teams stay in London, reckon parliament is a hotbed for virus.

then read that Lloyd Russell-Moyle has tested positive.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well, you could put it a little more like that for a start rather than:

I suppose if they let all those shit infested bacterial rampant markets operate then having some sort of plan is reasonable. Pity they can't figure out a way not to need a plan

Which to me came across as sneering, dismissive and stereotyping. Particularly when the original comment was about Asia in general and not China specifically.

You're right, nations shouldn't have to have a plan for pandemics caused by these horrible markets. They should have a plan for a pandemic though. Any kind of pandemic. Asia, it appears, does. The rest of the world,it appears, doesn't.

Maybe the world should learn from that and China can learn from the rest of the world concerning the state of its markets.

Accepted.

I didn't take the original comment to be about Asia in general and certainly not Singapore where the statement was made. But I suspect there are other areas within Asia (and elsewhere) that are similarly uncontrolled and I very much hope that once the dust settles a lot of that will be cleaned up.

Nor was I intending to act 'Trumplike' he is a world leader and some of his rhetoric I find entirely distasteful and as well as totally made up (fake in his own words). But I'm not a world leader, just a bloke that is at risk and who has had his life and the life of his family turned on its head.

That said we are going to see tens of thousands of deaths, the world is in economic meltdown and millions of our own people are going to suffer the ramifications for many years.

I don't disagree there needs to be plans for pandemics (I assumed it to be an obvious tongue in cheek statement) Absolutely it could have been better controlled with a plan but (in this case) the plan would not have been needed if the controls all of us take for granted had been in place

I'm just a bit angry, a bit frightened and a bit confused about what to do and not sure that's going to improve any time soon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So now as parents are forced to work kids will be looked after by grandparents what a sensible move .......

Come on, be fair.

Boris is saying right now, schools will remain open for the pupils of parents who are vital in us all moving forward.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
GCSE's not taking place in May and June. BJ has said qualifications will not be impended and in time grades will be given fairly, whatever that means. My son is in year 11 so has been working towards these. He's pretty annoyed with all this being so up in the air

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here