beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
actually, the matter doesnt need this .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
just found out my partners niece and sister in law have contracted this. Despite what Boris said yesterday, her brother, who is a bus driver, has been told he still has to come to work with the explanation that they are all going to get it anyway. Unbelievable, putting everyone who gets on his bus at risk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm a little confused by this post. Can you clarify?

Your partner's brother, or your partner's sister in law's brother?

He lives with them and they have been tested and confirmed positive?

He lives with them and they have symptoms?

He doesn't live with them?

Which bus company?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You keep churning this out.

1. The indication is there will be very little insurance liability if/when the government imposes closures.
2. Can you provide a list of "insurance company directors" who donate to the Conservative Party, how much and when they donated?
3. Can you provide a trusted source that ties all this together and factually proves the assertion you are making?

On a broader point: Can I please appeal, once again, to stop this petty political point-scoring at this time of national emergency.

If you can back up a point you really feel you need to make with facts from trusted sources then please do so, but otherwise please stop. It helps no one at all.

Listening to Radio 5 (It will have to go off imminently as that Nihal bell cheese has just come on), there were a number of Landlords who had checked their T&C's with Insurance companies. In every case read out, they had a get out clause for Coronavirus and would be entitled to nothing if the Government forced a shut down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jesus wept, do you think the holocaust never happened as well? The right wing lunatics alive and well on this thread

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/sep/16/conservative-party-donations-insurance-companies

1. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just in these times, just throwing out assertions without backup is not helpful. There are a handful of posters who are repeatedly trying to political point-score at each and every available opportunity which is also not helpful.

2. I'm not right wing.

3. I'm not a lunatic (not always anyway).

This particular point illustrates, perfectly, the ridiculous rush by some to try to score political points. A post that indicates insurance companies may not have much liability if government force close businesses is followed by a reply saying "Which is why the government isn't enforcing closures.".

It doesn't make any sense. None at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Listening to Radio 5 (It will have to go off imminently as that Nihal bell cheese has just come on), there were a number of Landlords who had checked their T&C's with Insurance companies. In every case read out, they had a get out clause for Coronavirus and would be entitled to nothing if the Government forced a shut down.

Which is why the government isn't enforcing....

...oh.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Each morning (or day) I wake up with a cough that is either from the coronavirus or from chain-smoking while reading about the coronavirus, and I can never be sure which one it is.

Same here. Ive had a hacking cough since Jan and can't shift it. Gave up smoking and it got worse, so started again. :shrug: I'm locked down in the small village where I live and i'm keeping the kids at home now. I'm doing essential trips for supplies but aware I could be wrapped up in plastic and thrown in the back of a van if I have a coughing fit in Tesco Express. Funny old world.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
My employer, a large bank, based in Deutschland, had implemented a split shift plan for the UK staff, with half working from home for 2 weeks, and the rest (my half) working their normal pattern, and then swap after the 2 weeks. This was stopped today after 1 day - we're all WFH for the foreseeable. I'm WFH today anyway, as my normal pattern includes WFH on Tuesday's.

Similar for me. We were A & B but that got shelved on Sunday. Feel very sorry for our IT teams having to deal with what I would imagine is an unbelievable amount of queries.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
You keep churning this out.

1. The indication is there will be very little insurance liability if/when the government imposes closures.
2. Can you provide a list of "insurance company directors" who donate to the Conservative Party, how much and when they donated?
3. Can you provide a trusted source that ties all this together and factually proves the assertion you are making?

On a broader point: Can I please appeal, once again, to stop this petty political point-scoring at this time of national emergency.

If you can back up a point you really feel you need to make with facts from trusted sources then please do so, but otherwise please stop. It helps no one at all.

1. For those businesses that have purchased force majeure cover the payouts will be huge. Admittedly this will be very few high Street businesses, though on the other hand most major events will have this cover.
2. No I don't get the concentration on insurance company director Tory donor crossover. The bigger source of possible influence is the idle very wealthy Lloyd's names, where there is a massive crossover with the aristocracy and landed gentry/ Boris's schoolmates.
3. No I really don't have the time and resources to prove this, but Watergate, Iran contra and many others were conspiracy theories until later proven. The point is not that it's definitely true but that there is sufficient cause for concern that scepticism should remain and questions continue to be asked.
Finally while I agree with you that petty point scoring is best avoided you can't keep politics out of it. This is politics writ large, where political decisions impact on us in an immediate fashion with stakes that are life and death.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Coronavirus / Covid-19

just found out my partners niece and sister in law have contracted this. Despite what Boris said yesterday, her brother, who is a bus driver, has been told he still has to come to work with the explanation that they are all going to get it anyway. Unbelievable, putting everyone who gets on his bus at risk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

WTF..??

Tell him they are contravening government orders. DO NOT LET THAT MAN DRIVE BUSES. If his bosses disagree tell his union and next the media.

FFS. Idiots in this world.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I don't get this. This is one of the most serious situations that this company has dealt with for years and government decisions have a profound impact on us all.

As it is a national emergency, a responsible government would call in the opposition and have a national goverment (as it did in the war and in the economic crisis of the 20s). The government is choosing not to do this, therefore they are the ones who are politicising the issue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't get this. This is one of the most serious situations that this company has dealt with for years and government decisions have a profound impact on us all.

As it is a national emergency, a responsible government would call in the opposition and have a national goverment (as it did in the war and in the economic crisis of the 20s). The government is choosing not to do this, therefore they are the ones who are politicising the issue.

I'm talking political point-scoring, not undertaking in perfectly reasonable political debate surrounding the issue.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My eldest daughter works as a supervisor at a large American themed restaurant at the marina.
This morning the staff were told the restaurant will be closing.
No date yet but likely this week.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
1. For those businesses that have purchased force majeure cover the payouts will be huge. Admittedly this will be very few high Street businesses, though on the other hand most major events will have this cover.
2. No I don't get the concentration on insurance company director Tory donor crossover. The bigger source of possible influence is the idle very wealthy Lloyd's names, where there is a massive crossover with the aristocracy and landed gentry/ Boris's schoolmates.
3. No I really don't have the time and resources to prove this, but Watergate, Iran contra and many others were conspiracy theories until later proven. The point is not that it's definitely true but that there is sufficient cause for concern that scepticism should remain and questions continue to be asked.
Finally while I agree with you that petty point scoring is best avoided you can't keep politics out of it. This is politics writ large, where political decisions impact on us in an immediate fashion with stakes that are life and death.

If you want to make a new thread that has poltically purposed arguments, inherent bias and tribalism then feel free to do so, then I can dodge it.

This thread has been a resource for informed discussion and references that I, and I'm sure many others, have found useful.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Agreed, my family will be self isolating from this weekend, unfortunately the selfish ***** who have stripped the shops of all necessary supplies and booked all the shopping slots for the next 3 weeks have made it very difficult for us!

Tripe for the dogs has all been taken, grrrrr

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

It could be down to the quality of the opposition in reality. There has been cross party meetings and listening to the Mayor of London he agrees with much of what has been done and supportive of decisions.

Many of the Labour MP's still want to score political points when interviewed. The sensible ones are being just that, sensible. They are speaking in a united front. Watching some of the debates live (sad I know) there is a lot of support. Hearing Corbyn speak he shows he hasn't got a diddly about this and thank God he isn't near any major decisions.

Yes the Tories have a lot to answer for but just now there needs to be a cohesive plan, finger pointing isn't going to help.

Some of the political windbags need to grow up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone else feel that they are becoming a bit like a hypochondriac?
In the last hour or two I’ve suddenly become incredibly tired and light headed with my arms and legs feeling heavy. Could be nothing, but it gets you thinking

LBC had many callers over the weekend, talking about their likely COVID-19 illness last December or January (in the UK), when they had flu like symptoms. Health/science professionals fielding the calls, gently informed them that they couldn’t have had COVID-18 here at that time. Advice then ignored, they were certain it had been the virus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here