Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A straw clutching question.

Having just looked at the Met Office's long range forecast, for the UK.
They say we're in for a pretty settled 4 weeks of decent whether with slowly rising temperatures.

Does that impact on us going forward, in any way?

It means we can get the veg patch going - dig for victory.

Also some self isolated bike rides one would imagine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
war.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Think that is fairly obvious.

One thing I'm struggling to understand. They've fast tracked a generic vaccine and given to a group of people in the US but they are saying it will be several months before they know if it is effective and then won't be able to produce for 12 months+

1) Surely if these are fit and healthy people and they are exposed to a 'contaminated' environment then why wouldn't they know in days (certainly if it didn't work)
2) Why, if it worked does it take so long to produce in volume?

Any ideas?

Side effects.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Anyone else feel that they are becoming a bit like a hypochondriac?
In the last hour or two I’ve suddenly become incredibly tired and light headed with my arms and legs feeling heavy. Could be nothing, but it gets you thinking

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In the last hour or two I’ve suddenly become incredibly tired and light headed with my arms and legs feeling heavy. Could be nothing, but it gets you thinking

Each morning (or day) I wake up with a cough that is either from the coronavirus or from chain-smoking while reading about the coronavirus, and I can never be sure which one it is.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why does Boris let his dad go on daytime shows like this morning? He comes across just as bad as him!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wooohoooo

The association of British Insurance has put out a statement

Standard business interruption cover- the type the majority of businesses purchase - does not include forced closure by authorities as it is intended to respond to physical damage at the property which results in the business being unable to continue to trade.

A small minority of typically larger firms may have purchased an extension to their cover for closure due to infectious diseases........enforced closure could help them raise a claim.....depends on PRECISE cover details......check with broker if unsure

So basically restaurants cinemas pubs are fukked

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
just found out my partners niece and sister in law have contracted this. Despite what Boris said yesterday, her brother, who is a bus driver, has been told he still has to come to work with the explanation that they are all going to get it anyway. Unbelievable, putting everyone who gets on his bus at risk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It means we can get the veg patch going - dig for victory.

Also some self isolated bike rides one would imagine.
I made a start Sunday, got a row of spuds in.... Much more work to come this year instead of drinking.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My employer, a large bank, based in Deutschland, had implemented a split shift plan for the UK staff, with half working from home for 2 weeks, and the rest (my half) working their normal pattern, and then swap after the 2 weeks. This was stopped today after 1 day - we're all WFH for the foreseeable. I'm WFH today anyway, as my normal pattern includes WFH on Tuesday's.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
just found out my partners niece and sister in law have contracted this. Despite what Boris said yesterday, her brother, who is a bus driver, has been told he still has to come to work with the explanation that they are all going to get it anyway. Unbelievable, putting everyone who gets on his bus at risk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is this Brighton & Hove buses?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Not a good time to suffer from Health Anxiety. Although a better time to be 5 weeks into taking tablets for Health Anxiety. Now anxious about whether my next appointment will be cancelled meaning I will run out of tablets. Gotta love the brain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here