Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wooohoooo

The association of British Insurance has put out a statement

Standard business interruption cover- the type the majority of businesses purchase - does not include forced closure by authorities as it is intended to respond to physical damage at the property which results in the business being unable to continue to trade.

A small minority of typically larger firms may have purchased an extension to their cover for closure due to infectious diseases........enforced closure could help them raise a claim.....depends on PRECISE cover details......check with broker if unsure

So basically restaurants cinemas pubs are fukked

industry bodies saying otherwise, diffilcult to know who's right. suppose it depends how many have those extensions.

somthing else i just twigged, substantial tax revenues from alcohol sales are going to be missing from the budget.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My four year old's friend and family are now in isolation as she has a constant cough and slight temperature. They were playing together all day yesterday.

BUT my four year old has had a cough for weeks and had a temperature a week or so ago. Really wish there was some testing available.

D

Deleted member 22389

Not so easy at work but I’ll take it easy for a bit. Probably nothing but the constant news, talk and social media plays with your head a bit

Your brain can do funny things. Get off the internet for a few hours, it's overload.

D

Deleted member 22389

My four year old's friend and family are now in isolation as she has a constant cough and slight temperature. They were playing together all day yesterday.

BUT my four year old has had a cough for weeks and had a temperature a week or so ago. Really wish there was some testing available.

My 5 year old always has a cough this time of year. She also gets a temperature because of her tonsils. It's worrying I know.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Wooohoooo

Standard business interruption cover- the type the majority of businesses purchase - does not include forced closure by authorities as it is intended to respond to physical damage at the property which results in the business being unable to continue to trade.

A small minority of typically larger firms may have purchased an extension to their cover for closure due to infectious diseases........enforced closure could help them raise a claim.....depends on PRECISE cover details......check with broker if unsure

Brokers and providers have been warning about this for a few days now, they have been urging businesses to check the detail in individual policies as policies differ across sectors. Many will not have purchased the opt in extras to cover this sort of thing and it makes no difference in many cases whether closure is voluntary or forced. Unfortunately, people have been spreading information that high street business insurance cover is assessed in the same way as the travel industry and is covered by the same eventualities and government announcements. They are not. Best advice is to read the small print in your own policy and hope there is some sort of government assistance package coming, which sadly may not be enough for a significant number anyway.

https://www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/topics-and-issues/coronavirus-qa/#a

https://www.insuranceage.co.uk/insu...ms-coronavirus-business-interruption-coverage

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/analysis/coronavirus-will-uk-insurers-cover-business-losses

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
just found out my partners niece and sister in law have contracted this. Despite what Boris said yesterday, her brother, who is a bus driver, has been told he still has to come to work with the explanation that they are all going to get it anyway. Unbelievable, putting everyone who gets on his bus at risk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Wtf...

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wooohoooo

Which is why the government isn't enforcing closures. Many insurance company directors donate to the Tory party.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which is why the government isn't enforcing closures. Many insurance company directors donate to the Tory party.

You keep churning this out.

1. The indication is there will be very little insurance liability if/when the government imposes closures.
2. Can you provide a list of "insurance company directors" who donate to the Conservative Party, how much and when they donated?
3. Can you provide a trusted source that ties all this together and factually proves the assertion you are making?

On a broader point: Can I please appeal, once again, to stop this petty political point-scoring at this time of national emergency.

If you can back up a point you really feel you need to make with facts from trusted sources then please do so, but otherwise please stop. It helps no one at all.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003

1. The indication is there will be very little insurance liability if/when the government imposes closures.
2. Can you provide a list of "insurance company directors" who donate to the Conservative Party, how much and when they donated?
3. Can you provide a trusted source that ties all this together and factually proves the assertion you are making?

On a broader point: Can I please appeal, once again, to stop this petty political point-scoring at this time of national emergency.

If you can back up a point you really feel you need to make with facts from trusted sources then please do so, but otherwise please stop. It helps no one at all.

Awarded 5 days No10's, on cap, salute, right turn quick march, report to the Regulating Office T.B.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My leave is very likely to be cancelled in the next 48 hours and pubs gonna be shutting in next few days. Only one thing for it, we are going to the pub this afternoon for the last hurrah. Luckily I got a batch of paracetamol in over the last few months for the hangover tomorrow.
See ya on the other side!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sweden today announced schools will be closed, leaving you guys the last country in Europe to keep them open.

It should be said that EVERY DAY during this crisis, Sweden & UK have taken (roughly) the same measures, announced the same things etc. Sometimes UK have had their press conference first, other times Sweden, but info and measures have been the same. I think you could expect the school closure to be announced today.

edit: Only closing it for universities/"older kids" atm

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Jesus wept, do you think the holocaust never happened as well? The right wing lunatics alive and well on this thread

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/sep/16/conservative-party-donations-insurance-companies

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sweden today announced schools will be closed, leaving you guys the last country in Europe to keep them open.

It should be said that EVERY DAY during this crisis, Sweden & UK have taken (roughly) the same measures, announced the same things etc. Sometimes UK have had their press conference first, other times Sweden, but info and measures have been the same. I think you could expect the school closure to be announced today.

edit: Only closing it for universities/"older kids" atm

My son's school has informed us his year (and 3 others) have to study from home from tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here