Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
today I think this will wipe out atleast half the word, if not more.
:eek: You've lost it mate.
researched this loads since 2 weeks ago
There's your problem. You're 'researching' scaremongering from poor sources. If you had only read peer reviewed articles from doctors you wouldn't be so worried.

I'm not saying it definitely won't be a big problem, but I am saying that we won't be losing half the world's population to it.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I really wish I was as positive as you. My Mrs, Mum and Sister (who is in Asia) keep telling me to pack it in and stop worrying... Wish I could, but researched this loads since 2 weeks ago and am not very optimistic about the outcome here and the rest of the world, hence my "hundreds of millions" the other day, today I think this will wipe out atleast half the word, if not more.

I hope I'm just panicking for no reason, but I just can't see this getting any better. I think the govt needs to close all borders and impose strict curfews across the country, to stop this escalating here.

Stop reading garbage on the internet then and the sensationalist rubbish in the press.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
7D83CACB-773F-4B8D-B77C-74218236C59C.jpeg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I really wish I was as positive as you. My Mrs, Mum and Sister (who is in Asia) keep telling me to pack it in and stop worrying... Wish I could, but researched this loads since 2 weeks ago and am not very optimistic about the outcome here and the rest of the world, hence my "hundreds of millions" the other day, today I think this will wipe out atleast half the word, if not more.

I hope I'm just panicking for no reason, but I just can't see this getting any better. I think the govt needs to close all borders and impose strict curfews across the country, to stop this escalating here.

If it was that fella who supposedly used Artificial intelligence model and said 53 million could die, that was debunked https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2020/02/05/ai-predicts-coronavirus-could-infect-25b-and-kill-53m-doctors-say-thats-not-credible-and-heres-why/

I don't believe the Chinese are being totally truthful about the full extent of this thing, but theres no way this takes out half the worlds population. Are you :fishing:

The mortality rate is stated at 2%. Even if it were 10% and went global that would be 90% of world surviving.

And so far, whilst there is the odd case globally, only 2 deaths outside China and 97% of all deaths in the Wuhan/Hubei province.

Nothing to suggest half the world population. Personally taken the safety "what if" bet and bought some masks, but as of today there's no need to worry in the UK.

They'll either have a vaccine or the global economy will collapse before half the world dies!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Honeymoon in 11 days to Vietnam, Cambodia and Malaysia....could be interesting!

Hope you have a wonderful time there. We are going on Tuesday to Vietnam and then Cambodia for three weeks. My daughter who is a nurse just said...."wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands". "The face mask...meh ".

I'm happy with that.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Hope you have a wonderful time there. We are going on Tuesday to Vietnam and then Cambodia for three weeks. My daughter who is a nurse just said...."wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands". "The face mask...meh ".

I'm happy with that.

Yeah I’m not too concerned in all honesty and not convinced the face masks no anything. Hope you have a good time also.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In Brighton now apparently. Via Singapore.

This tinpot country of ours spends as little as possible on terrorism and health, until there is a crisis, then spends a bit more, too late and not enough, and so on.

I blame the electorate.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
am not very optimistic about the outcome here and the rest of the world, hence my "hundreds of millions" the other day, today I think this will wipe out atleast half the word, if not more.

Blimey, you're the opposite of your username.
You'll end up having a heart attack and won't have to worry about getting this virus if you keep researching and convincing yourself that at least half of all of us aren't going to get to see BHA lift the FA cup next season.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In Brighton now apparently. Via Singapore.

This tinpot country of ours spends as little as possible on terrorism and health, until there is a crisis, then spends a bit more, too late and not enough, and so on.

I blame the electorate.
True, but you could double the NHS budget and some would still say they're underfunded.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True, but you could double the NHS budget and some would still say they're underfunded.

You could fund appropriately in the first place and preclude doubling the budget later to stave off the omnishambles. . . . à la Wet Sham.:shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not saying it definitely won't be a big problem, but I am saying that we won't be losing half the world's population to it.

Breathtaking presumption and apathy from someone who has clearly NEVER seen Avengers: Endgame

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think this will wipe out atleast half the word, if not more.

Unfortunately this is nature’s way of getting rid of the dead wood, and probably if your right one of the best things that could happen to the planet, to get rid of 1/2 them pesky humans.

Trouble is, as normal it would take the poor and disadvantaged leaving those super sucker rich folk and privileged social media wannabes.

Shame.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

.....it absolutely would be, because such a large % of any extra cash would be wasted by incompetent managers, crap IT systems, inefficiency etc.

As an example, daughter was explaining to me that if a patient is transferred from her hospital to one of the main ones in the city (Edinburgh) someone has to fax the medical records through because the hospitals, coming under different regions, don’t have the same IT, and their email systems aren’t considered secure enough to send the files electronically.............

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Swine flu is the one i'm still panicking about.

Just before that all happened, in early March 2009 I came down with a very severe, full on flu, coupled with diarrhea, having just come back from being in South Africa. My girlfriend made me go the GP and he took pity on me and actually prescribed Tamiflu or something and I was okay in a few days after resting up etc. I always remember him saying to me that in his '30 years of general practice, I've never seen so many cases of flu around at this time of year, I don't know where it's all coming from.' I'll never know for sure, but I've personally always been convinced I had Swine flu and it was doing the rounds here long before it became official.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
.....it absolutely would be, because such a large % of any extra cash would be wasted by incompetent managers, crap IT systems, inefficiency etc.

As an example, daughter was explaining to me that if a patient is transferred from her hospital to one of the main ones in the city (Edinburgh) someone has to fax the medical records through because the hospitals, coming under different regions, don’t have the same IT, and their email systems aren’t considered secure enough to send the files electronically.............

Yep.

My other half is an NHS ward sister and she tells me that fax machines are the main way hospitals communicate over patient records...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here