Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mail - Ardiles to replace McGhee ...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
You call me blinkered you silly old foo?

The yellow kit had already outlived it's date.
Navy blue does clash with the Palace blue in their shirts.
They also have the right as home club to choose what colour they wear.
The Albion fans voted which away strip we wanted this year (whilst Palace were still in the Premiership) with a choice of green/black and maroon. We chose maroon (which clashes with the Palace top)
Referees won't allow clubs with vertical stripes (of whatever colour) to play because they are similar so therefore we are getting a one off strip.
I won't be buying one because all of my money has gone on a ticket for Selhurst but good luck to all those who do want to buy one and good luck to the club for making a bit of extra money.

You are talking absolute rubbish.

So we didnt wear Blue and white stripes against Sheff Utd in their Red & White Stripes.

The rules are that the colours should not clash i.e if we wore Red or A royal blue that is similar to their red and blue it would not be permitted. The Navy of the Palookaville shirts was nothing like the Blue of their shirts that they could be confused. Plus white shorts and socks there would have been a distinct difference with no possibility of confusion.

As I said had the club decided on a 3rd kit when they first knew of the problem they would have sold a few hundred replica kits,
rather than just a few. Earning themslves a lot more money.

I would call that a missed opportunity but then I dont say everything that the club wants me to like a puppet with them pulling the strings.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
You are talking absolute rubbish.

So we didnt wear Blue and white stripes against Sheff Utd in their Red & White Stripes.

The rules are that the colours should not clash i.e if we wore Red or A royal blue that is similar to their red and blue it would not be permitted. The Navy of the Palookaville shirts was nothing like the Blue of their shirts that they could be confused. Plus white shorts and socks there would have been a distinct difference with no possibility of confusion.

As I said had the club decided on a 3rd kit when they first knew of the problem they would have sold a few hundred replica kits,
rather than just a few. Earning themslves a lot more money.

I would call that a missed opportunity but then I dont say everything that the club wants me to like a puppet with them pulling the strings.

Check your facts Sheff Utd were not in stripes

0,,10433~2742984,00.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have played them, Sunderland, Brentford, Exeter, and Lincoln on a number of occassions when they have worn their stripes and we have worn our Blue and White Stripes.

I do not take photographs, which may even be illegal, so I do not have proof only my knowledge of these matches over the past 55 years.

But that doesnt alter the fact of a missed opportunity to make money.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
How are we missing an opportunity to make money?
I have the pale blue and white shirt. I have the Palookaville shirt and the maroon shirt.
Now the club are selling another shirt as a one off.
That is making money imo.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
How are we missing an opportunity to make money?
I have the pale blue and white shirt. I have the Palookaville shirt and the maroon shirt.
Now the club are selling another shirt as a one off.
That is making money imo.

Yes but how many people were put off last year buying a new shirt by the endless"sorry we are sold out"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm sure the club didn't really want to offer a new strip on the basis on a single colour clash.

From what I understand (and it's obviously a bit stupid that can't be looked at pre-season) when a potential clash takes places, the decision is taken by the referee ON THE DAY.

Because of what happened at the Withdean last year (and I've forgotten the team, but what a performance that was), the club has decided to make a new shirt.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Yes but how many people were put off last year buying a new shirt by the endless"sorry we are sold out"

Dunno. Always in stock when I wanted one especially since we started getting the standard Errea stock instead of specific printing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is hard work.

If the reason was for other than to sell shirts why could we have not worn a shirt which the club already had. I used the Palookaville as an example we may still even have had a set of the black ones somewhere.

If they chose to get a new one especially for this game lets us use all green as an example why not say that at the begining of the season that we had 3 shirts as per Man Utd , Chelsea etc and sell them as a standard replica shirt.

You have bought all of the shirts so it is a fair assumption that had they bought out an All green 3rd choice you would have bought that as well and so would I for Ben as would hundreds of other people thus selling possibly 500 shirts or more at £30.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You are right, this is hard work.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
Dunno. Always in stock when I wanted one especially since we started getting the standard Errea stock instead of specific printing.

Yeah well you were lucky then! 4 weeks i had to wait for mine.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
BensGrandad said:
This is hard work.

If the reason was for other than to sell shirts why could we have not worn a shirt which the club already had. I used the Palookaville as an example we may still even have had a set of the black ones somewhere.

If they chose to get a new one especially for this game lets us use all green as an example why not say that at the begining of the season that we had 3 shirts as per Man Utd , Chelsea etc and sell them as a standard replica shirt.

You have bought all of the shirts so it is a fair assumption that had they bought out an All green 3rd choice you would have bought that as well and so would I for Ben as would hundreds of other people thus selling possibly 500 shirts or more at £30.

As much as that makes sense you can't possibly say it because it's not agreeing 100% with what the club are doing.(NSC rule no 142a I think you'll find it is)

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Yeah well you were lucky then! 4 weeks i had to wait for mine.

That's because I am slim ;) :lolol: :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
BensGrandad said:
This is hard work.

By wearing an old strip the club would be probably breaking their shirt sponsorship agreements.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
clapham_gull said:
By wearing an old strip the club would be probably breaking their shirt sponsorship agreements.

Possible unless they used one like the Black one that was sponsored by Skint.

I think that it is now time to move on .

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
gerbil said:
As much as that makes sense you can't possibly say it because it's not agreeing 100% with what the club are doing.(NSC rule no 142a I think you'll find it is)

On the contrary most of Nsc don't agree with what the club is doing and I get stick for pointing out that the club is doing well.

You have to be very ironic or sarcastic to be a good Nsc'er :D

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Possible unless they used one like the Black one that was sponsored by Skint.

I think that it is now time to move on .

Skint aren't the only shirt sponsor....

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Ernest said:
I have to argue on this

McCammon - hit , when he came in he turned the season round and was MOM against Sunderland and was the difference on why we stayed up.
I look at Iwelumo scoring a cracker again on Saturday and he was let go but we waste £100k plus on some Argie unknown :angry: :angry: :angry:
F###ing hell Ernie, you almost made sense there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here