Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mail - Ardiles to replace McGhee ...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mr Burns said:
F###ing hell Ernie, you almost made sense there.

Not quite because Iwelumo wasn't LET GO, There was a contract on offer but he didn't bother coming back to Withdean, instead preferring to go to Germany for a year.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
BensGrandad said:

If the reason was for other than to sell shirts why could we have not worn a shirt which the club already had.

They do already have them in white. When the Palookaville shirts came out last year the keepers shirts came in either green with white sleeves or all white because I remember looking at them to decide which one I fancied.

The clash of colours I believe actually concerns the back of shirts because a new rule has been brought out this year stating that all backs of shirts should be one colour irrespective of whether you are playing in stripes, hoops, polkadots or pink chevrons. Those clubs on existing kits do not have to change them until next year which is when ours will join the rest of them.

As somebody has said above the decision has probably been taken to avoid the problem one club had last year when a referee refused to let Derby play in their first kit (white with black trim) or away kit (blue with yellow trim) and made them play in their black training tops. It would be quite embarrassing if we ended up having to play in Palace's third kit because we hadn't had the foresight to look ahead.

I also have a feeling that the general practice after a season has ended is for a football club to donate their finished used kit to a worthy cause either to make a little cash or win brownie points within the community. It'd be a bit embarrassing having to ask for them back.

Lastly, clubs have a fine line to tread regarding kits, bringing a new one out and expecting loads of people to buy what is essentially a one off kit could backfire. Making it special edition means those who collect them will buy and put no onus on others to follow suit. I'd imagine if we won in them the club themselves would probably auction off the tops with signature of the wearer to make a bit more cash that way.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Any---way....

Would be amused by Ossie taking over the Albion, if only for a the musical possibilities opened up...
Never mind Good Old Sussex By The Sea - a Fatboy Slim vs Chas'n'Dave remix of Ossie's Dream would be worth hearing, shurely... wouldn't it? :)

Ossie does seem to get around, earnestly starting off promisingly then seeing it all go pear-shaped at clubs across the world - lovely player, lovely fella, but think he'd be too hampered by his reputation to succeed in England again now...

And yet, yet, yet that throwaway paragraph in the Mail On Sunday seemed so sure of itself...! Very bizarre...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here