Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mail - Ardiles to replace McGhee ...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
KinkyGoebels said:
Not sure why he would want to manage Brighton

Perhaps he has earnt sufficient money during his time and wants to buy Brighton or be part of a South American consortium with loads of money and has realised our potential witha new stadium or a revitalised Withdean.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
No just being realistic and not blinkered by what I am told to believe.

If you have doubts read Ask The Club and the bulls..t answer given to my question about the new seats.

2 Questions on that.

1. Why do we need new changing rooms to be built if the ones we have have been good enough for 6 years why not another 2/3.

2. Why do we have to conform to Disability Act etc when we do not HAVE to allow disabled in that section as we already have a disabled section.

1. They are pretty horrific changing rooms, and to say they were 'good enough' would be stretching the point. I think the players would appreciate changing in just a tad more luxury. Of course, if you think they shouldn't, let the club know.

2. All new building works with public access have to conform to the Disability Act.

Just because there is one disabled area does not mean there will not be another. Of course, if you don't want any disabled people in the away section, write to the club, the City Council, the footabll league or your MP. I am sure that they would appreciate your point of view.

People with disabilities does not just mean people in wheelchairs, it can also mean the visually impaired, people with other physical handicaps which do not require wheelchairs, people with learning difficulties (which covers a multitude of issues).

Of course, if you believe they are bullshit answers, I respectfully suggest you read up on planning regulations, and specifically the Disabilites sections within them. Then, if you disagree, take it up with the club.

Last edited:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Cant see Paul Haywood being linked in any way to this STORY,and surely that is what it is? We could not afford to pay M/M off,and lets be real in our postition who could we get with what money we have? :goal:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
KinkyGoebels said:

Prob going to be slated for this but Mcghee has wasted a lot of money on players....

you deserve to be slated.

Utter cack story

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
1. They are pretty horrific changing rooms, and to say they were 'good enough' would be stretching the point. I think the players would appreciate changing in just a tad more luxury. Of course, if you think they shouldn't, let the club know.

2. All new building works with public access have to conform to the Disability Act.

Just because there is one disabled area does not mean there will not be another. Of course, if you don't want any disabled people in the away section, write to the club, the City Council, the footabll league or your MP. I am sure that they would appreciate your point of view.

People with disabilities does not just mean people in wheelchairs, it can also mean the visually impaired, people with other physical handicaps which do not require wheelchairs, people with learning difficulties (which covers a multitude of issues).

Of course, if you believe they are bullshit answers, I respectfully suggest you read up on planning regulations, and specifically the Disabilites sections within them. Then, if you disagree, take it up with the club.

I accept what you are saying about disabled etc but for a club that is 'strapped for cash' I cannot see the need to improve the changing rooms as I have said they have been adequate for the past 6 years so another 2 or 3 years wouldnt have mattered either way so why spend the money.

After all we are leaving Withdean soon aren't we?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
I accept what you are saying about disabled etc but for a club that is 'strapped for cash' I cannot see the need to improve the changing rooms as I have said they have been adequate for the past 6 years so another 2 or 3 years wouldnt have mattered either way so why spend the money.

After all we are leaving Withdean soon aren't we?

Sports grant to improve the ground tied in with the extra seats.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
15k on mm thats well spent

It was indeed when that one point kept us in the Championship for another season.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Apart from this being utter round objects, can you imagine an Ardiles-managed Albion defence? The number of goals we are conceding at the moment would be nothing compared to what we would concede under Ardiles. Can you remember Tottenham? 2 strikers (Klinsmann and Sheringham) and 3 attacking midfielders, with no holding midfielder. They were ripped to pieces after the first few games. I have questions about McGhee, particularly regarding Turienzo, but rather him than Ardiles any day.

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Could Ardilles be the mystery ex-player, referred to by Alan Brazil on TalkSport, who is ready to invest money in the club when Falmer is given the go-ahead?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
BensGrandad said:
Sooner we keep the manager and sack the Chairman or rather replace him with one with money who can afford to allow MM to bring in the players we need.

:rolleyes:

Some people shouldn't be allowed out on their own.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
Sooner we keep the manager and sack the Chairman or rather replace him with one with money who can afford to allow MM to bring in the players we need.

Clown ...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ernest said:
Magoos signings this summer , hit or miss :-

Turienzo - Miss
Kazim Richards - Miss
Dodd - Miss
Fruity - Don't know
Carole - Maybe a hit
Henderson - Hit But going soon
Chaigneau - Miss

Not one of Magoo's signings has consistently improved the team , yet.
And we didn't need ONES for the future we needed TRIED and TESTED players for NOW.

Bollocks

Turienzo - Pending
Kazim Richards - Pending but v.hopeful
Dodd - Hit - he's injured FFS
Fruity - Pending
Carole - Absolutely a hit already
Henderson - Hit But going soon
Chaigneau - Miss

Lighten up Ern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here