Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not what I Heard
Just you then.....

Unfortunately, we seem to be stuck with him for another three years (harder to get off the books than de Zerbi, obvs!), with nobody seemingly queueing up to buy him (not on PL wages anyway). I'm sure he'd go if we paid up his contract in full, but that would be a hell of a waste of money. If only he'd agree to 'by mutual consent'...........

"Mahmoud, me old son, don't worry, we'll be paying your wages............so no worries, eh?
"We're loaning you to Port Vale for half a season .........OK? Yes, good, you'll love it there ....... ummm ...... passing on...
"We've arranged for a switch to Arbroath in January .. ..good experience for you. No language problems either, guaranteed .........
"For 2025, we're trying to do a deal with Carlisle ........ what, you want to be released to go and play some nice quiet football in the Netherlands?
"Let's sit down and make a deal!"

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Bet Frankfurt fans are delighted that after being rumoured to be in for Gross, they potentially end up with Dahoud!

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
Just you then.....

Unfortunately, we seem to be stuck with him for another three years (harder to get off the books than de Zerbi, obvs!), with nobody seemingly queueing up to buy him (not on PL wages anyway). I'm sure he'd go if we paid up his contract in full, but that would be a hell of a waste of money. If only he'd agree to 'by mutual consent'...........

"Mahmoud, me old son, don't worry, we'll be paying your wages............so no worries, eh?
"We're loaning you to Port Vale for half a season .........OK? Yes, good, you'll love it there ....... ummm ...... passing on...
"We've arranged for a switch to Arbroath in January .. ..good experience for you. No language problems either, guaranteed .........
"For 2025, we're trying to do a deal with Carlisle ........ what, you want to be released to go and play some nice quiet football in the Netherlands?
"Let's sit down and make a deal!"
Can you just send em out on loan ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
We will probably have pay up part of his contract so they can afford him

We could let them have him for free if they are willing to effectively take over the remainder of his contract. We'd free up 3 years wages and have a player who doesn't seem to fit in at all off our books.

The problem is I imagine he'd be at the upper end of their pay structure and considering his fall out here and immediate fall out with the Syrian national team it's a hell of a risk for any club to take on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bet Frankfurt fans are delighted that after being rumoured to be in for Gross, they potentially end up with Dahoud!
Perhaps many have seen him playing for Dortmund against them and have a really good game? He does have a really good showreel from Germany. 12 Bundesliga goals and 26 assists in a league where you can get away with being a bit lightweight is a good return for him.

I suspect there are Kalvin Phillips vibes over there who was taken out of his comfort zone at Leeds and never recovered but the likes of West Ham and now Ipswich were willing to give him a chance. A similar story to Dahoud?

Hopefully Frankfurters take Dahoud on a permanent. I guess we’re trying to get rid of his wages as we signed him on a free. I can’t see there being much of a fee involved despite a desperate agent wanting a cut.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He will have a absolute blinder of a season and end up being touted as the next Messi,Barbz will convince him to sign for another 2 years then Tony will flog him to Chelsea for a tidy sum, everyone's a winner 👍

Except Chelsea obviously 😁

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
He will have a absolute blinder of a season and end up being touted as the next Messi,Barbz will convince him to sign for another 2 years then Tony will flog him to Chelsea for a tidy sum, everyone's a winner 👍

Except Chelsea obviously 😁
Our next Gyokeres clearly

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Perhaps many have seen him playing for Dortmund against them and have a really good game? He does have a really good showreel from Germany. 12 Bundesliga goals and 26 assists in a league where you can get away with being a bit lightweight is a good return for him.

I suspect there are Kalvin Phillips vibes over there who was taken out of his comfort zone at Leeds and never recovered but the likes of West Ham and now Ipswich were willing to give him a chance. A similar story to Dahoud?

Hopefully Frankfurters take Dahoud on a permanent. I guess we’re trying to get rid of his wages as we signed him on a free. I can’t see there being much of a fee involved despite a desperate agent wanting a cut.
Theory confirmed:

Three games where he has scored and/or assisted against Frankfurt. There are another 1/2 dozen occasions he has been in a Dortmund/Gladrags/Stuttgart winning side against the Sausagers. Possibly the club he has the best record against.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Theory confirmed:

Three games where he has scored and/or assisted against Frankfurt. There are another 1/2 dozen occasions he has been in a Dortmund winning side against the Sausagers. Possibly the club he has the best record against.
Long time ago, though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm disappointed this has not worked out. From what I read, and heard from friends, he should have been a good replacement for Ale Mac. Given he was not even making the bench recently, suggests a falling out with RDZ. Maybe he will get a second chance next season?
So what has happened since February to turn Ma-Da from a mildly puzzling omission from the RDZ squad to the figure of derision he has become for many in the interim? One of those NSC trope phenomena it would seem.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fair enough - but the links cited were a long time ago!
That’s just the games he got goals and assists against Frankfurt as a defensive or central midfielder. He has recent games where Frankfurt has been tonked by his team (Dortmund or Stuttgart). It’s possible that he played really well in those games but I’ve not got the time to research. What should be obvious is the point I’m trying to make. Frankfurt really rate him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here