Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It says undisclosed fee, so they must've paid something otherwise it would've been on the freemans. Shame it never worked out, but all's well that ends well. He's gone, wages are freed up and no unhappy player in the camp after deadline day.

Dahoud.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Dahoud was contracted to Albion until June 2027. As per the official Eintracht Frankfurt tweet, he has signed a contract with the Germans until .... June 2026.

I'm sure he won't be on the same money at Frankfurt as he was at Albion.

Pretty sure we have had to pay him a pretty sizeable parting gift!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dahoud was contracted to Albion until June 2027. As per the official Eintracht Frankfurt tweet, he has signed a contract with the Germans until .... June 2026.

I'm sure he won't be on the same money at Frankfurt as he was at Albion.

Pretty sure we have had to pay him a pretty sizeable parting gift!
No necessarily. Being free, maybe Frankfurt could afford decent wages. Also, even if he could have stayed here and earned more money, and never played football again. Is that what he'd have wanted? The same situation with Sterling.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Remember how excited people were that he had signed. Turns out most of us know very little
Very unfortunate that it didn’t work out, some players just don’t for a variety of reasons. Oh well, at least no big fee to write off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remember how excited people were that he had signed. Turns out most of us know very little

Obviously if the club have scouted someone, checked their data, and decided it's worth paying millions for them, they know more than the average fan. I'm excited by the new signings we've made, not because I know their games inside out, but because the club have proved that they're quite good at this sort of thing.

The first time I saw Dahoud play was in the friendlies in the US last summer, and I thought he was really good. But it didn't work over here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here