Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So what has happened since February to turn Ma-Da from a mildly puzzling omission from the RDZ squad to the figure of derision he has become for many in the interim? One of those NSC trope phenomena it would seem.
NSC trope?

Errr .................. just how many minutes did he get to play in ore-season? Is NSC picking the team now?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NSC trope?

Errr .................. just how many minutes did he get to play in ore-season? Is NSC picking the team now?
Not following you there, sport.

I'm just saying that the demise of this player and the level of mockery on NSC about it/him seems a bit odd.

I recall he was one of several sticks being used to beat RDZ with ('his player' and now 'he's complaining we don't singe the players he wants' etc.).

I don't see any evidence Dahoud has been an arse or anything...

So....I just hope he comes good, and if he doesn't, oh well, my best wishes etc.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I'm just saying that the demise of this player and the level of mockery on NSC about it/him seems a bit odd.

I recall he was one of several sticks being used to beat RDZ with ('his player' and now 'he's complaining we don't singe the players he wants' etc.).

So....I just hope he comes good, and if he doesn't, oh well, my best wishes etc.
No problem if he comes good - good luck to him. Just pointing out that his complete absence from pre-season isn't because of an NSC tope that he's rubbish. Clearly the management feel that - as far as playing for Brighton is concerned - he is.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024

I also remember him getting plenty of praise for his early performances last season. After his loan spell and return this summer he has suddenly became a figure of fun and frustration. I don’t get it either. He may be considered not quite good enough overall but I don’t think he deserved to be dumped on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No problem if he comes good - good luck to him. Just pointing out that his complete absence from pre-season isn't because of an NSC tope that he's rubbish. Clearly the management feel that - as far as playing for Brighton is concerned - he is.
Apologies - I hadn't realised he had been completely absent from pre-season (for presumably no good reason).

Kojakker

Jun 10, 2022
Aren’t we only allowed a limited number of international loans? This uses one up on someone we’d clearly prefer to get rid of rather than develop.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Aren’t we only allowed a limited number of international loans? This uses one up on someone we’d clearly prefer to get rid of rather than develop.

Although it looks like Dahoud is going permanently, we can loan out 6 players a season but players under 21 and club trained players (those who have spent at least 3 seasons with us between the ages of 15 and 21) don’t count towards the quota.

I think of our current loans only Scherpen and Sima would count towards the 6 allowed loans as all the other players are under 21, except McGill but he is club trained (the same would apply to Rushworth if he goes out on loan).

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Get a good fee, no doubt, sale is preferable, but I was thinking another loan wouldn’t be so bad ‘if’ the other club pay his salary…have a good season, and his value increases, we sell for more. After the season he’s had here, any potential fee must be quite low, but I guess if he has a bad loan his fee could be even lower. It’s always a gamble, but there are pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages to every scenario. ITBWT

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Get a good fee, no doubt, sale is preferable, but I was thinking another loan wouldn’t be so bad ‘if’ the other club pay his salary…have a good season, and his value increases, we sell for more. After the season he’s had here, any potential fee must be quite low, but I guess if he has a bad loan his fee could be even lower. It’s always a gamble, but there are pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages to every scenario. ITBWT
I'd be amazed if the fee was anything above £0 to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here