Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magoo

Magoo?

• IN

Votes: 100 57.5%
  • OUT

Votes: 74 42.5%

• Total voters

Originally posted by Lord Bracknell on Saturday ...
But I do make the observation that the ARS lead (12 votes an hour ago) has now dropped to just 6.

Wait until Tuesday.
And, as Tuesday arrives, we find (again) that McGhee is the winner ... by 73 to 63.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Referee!!! said:
The usual poll.

The tide is turning...Will the Magoo outers lead this time?

Oh look another poll about it, what an exciting, intelligent, important member of society you are!

What of time or what....

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Still out for me i'm afraid.

AS I said on another thread look at the last 11 games.

1 Win, 1 Draw, and 9 Defeats

Now face facts if your the manager of a work force and you've got 3 or 4 workers who who under achieve, and cause trouble then you shape them up or ship them out.

So thats Mcghee's excuse for Fdm, Big Mac, Jarrett, and Knight.

But what if your entire workforce are performing below a standard of which they are capable( As I believe the Albion are, cos there's enough guts, guille and skill in the squad to stay in this league) then where does the blame lay?

Maybe it's time Dick Knight pulled his head out of the sand and took notice of the fact he's got a manager at his club who is grossly under achieving!!

4 points out of 33 just aint good enough!!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
sofa fella said:
( As I believe the Albion are, cos there's enough guts, guille and skill in the squad to stay in this league) then where does the blame lay?

Maybe it's time Dick Knight pulled his head out of the sand and took notice of the fact he's got a manager at his club who is grossly under achieving!!

4 points out of 33 just aint good enough!!!!

If you think any manager could keep this squad up without a goal scorer then your on drugs imo!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Albion Dan said:
If you think any manager could keep this squad up without a goal scorer then your on drugs imo!

No just loadsa booze!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink:

IMO I reckon there is goals in our squad but does'nt it help just a little bit by trying to have some kind of a settled partnership up front?

Mcghee's only got 11 games left to work it out FFS!

sofa fella said:
But what if your entire workforce are performing below a standard of which they are capable( As I believe the Albion are, cos there's enough guts, guille and skill in the squad to stay in this league) then where does the blame lay?

I disagree with you so much there it hurts! It was particularly brought home to me when we played Leicester recently, here was a team with a similar-ish record in the league. Yet the truth was that their players were almost to a man a class ahead of ours in technique and passing ability, our grit and teamwork closed the gap towards the end to give us a faint chance of levelling the game.

I think you have to realise how far we've come, but just how far we've yet to go too. With the money we have, we haven't been able to build a squad that is going to keep us in this division comfortably. What we have is a few ageing pros left over from Micky Adams' tier 3/4 battles, a few kids who've progressed as quickly as they can but maybe are not the complete package for tier 2, and the odd canny McGhee acquisition like Hendo, McShane and Carole who do look comfortable at this level. That's the sum of it. That's not a formula that will guarantee you tier 2 football, accept that reality!

Where does the blame lie? How about having no witch to put at the top of your bonfire? How about just accepting that we've travelled much further than we've any right too given our Conference set-up and facilities, and that gravity was going to get to us sooner of later? I think most Brighton fans do accept that, that's why they stay loyal to McGhee.

Last edited:

sofa fella said:
IMO I reckon there is goals in our squad but does'nt it help just a little bit by trying to have some kind of a settled partnership up front?!

The argument, voiced by so many on here, is THE most f***ing brainless bit of rubbish I've heard come out of this season - by far. Keep playing a striking partnership that doesn't produce the goods. Just keep playing them even if we're losing game after game. Don't use the resources or different options in your squad to try something different and discover something better. Don't try and find another unexpected inspiration like Virgo that saved us last year. Just stick with the same two players and watch them lose 20 games on the trot and don't change a thing. That's management, is it? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
The argument, voiced by so many on here, is THE most f***ing brainless bit of rubbish I've heard come out of this season - by far. Keep playing a striking partnership that doesn't produce the goods. Just keep playing them even if we're losing game after game. Don't use the resources or different options in your squad to try something different and discover something better. Don't try and find another unexpected inspiration like Virgo that saved us last year. Just stick with the same two players and watch them lose 20 games on the trot and don't change a thing. That's management, is it? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
You're right to an extent. But the fact is that McGhee should have decided and settled on a first choice front pairing earlier on in the season, instead of desperately faffing around looking to strike lucky with a handful of games left.
You obviously don't remember the KERFUFFLE in the close season when virtually everyone was bemoaning the lack of decent close-season opposition against whom we should have been testing such combinations. The team would then have evolved through the season, rather than the frustrating chopping and changing we seem to have put up with.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
During a ridiculously optimistic trawl of the internet searching for rumours of impending Albion loan signings, I came across this nugget.

"Mark Mcghee the Brighton and Hove Albion Boss we leave the club before the clubs next game v Crewe.
Their Chairman Dick Knight is looking to bring in ex Gillingham Man Stan Ternant"

http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm

The website is notoriously inaccurate & it's probably complete tosh, but it's a nice new rumour to keep everyone ticking over.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
johnny jigsaw said:
During a ridiculously optimistic trawl of the internet searching for rumours of impending Albion loan signings, I came across this nugget.

"Mark Mcghee the Brighton and Hove Albion Boss we leave the club before the clubs next game v Crewe.
Their Chairman Dick Knight is looking to bring in ex Gillingham Man Stan Ternant"

http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm

The website is notoriously inaccurate & it's probably complete tosh, but it's a nice new rumour to keep everyone ticking over.

Wait for this being in the Argus tomorrow

Simster said:
You're right to an extent. But the fact is that McGhee should have decided and settled on a first choice front pairing earlier on in the season, instead of desperately faffing around looking to strike lucky with a handful of games left.

It doesn't work like that, though, does it, you know, in reality? He wasn't going to try all the combinations in the first 12 games, he did give partnerships like Leon and CKR, and Leon and Jake a number of games to show their potential. It was only after watching that, that he knew they weren't meeting the level required and that other options has to be tried. We are still trying other options like Gatting, can you imagine the stick McGhee would be getting if he hadn't been given his chance after his successful cup exploits? ???

The reality is we haven't settled on a pair because WE DON'T HAVE TWO PLAYERS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THAT. That's why we've been busting a bollock for months trying to get a new guy in (see endless Argus stories).

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we're talking reality, then perhaps the manager should have organised some games against meaningful opposition, rather than one game against 4th division Oxford and a number of others against various Sussex based postmen, electricians and roofers.

Oh, and not spunked all of his money on a shit Argie he'd never heard of.

Simster said:
If we're talking reality, then perhaps the manager should have organised some games against meaningful opposition, rather than one game against 4th division Oxford and a number of others against various Sussex based postmen, electricians and roofers.

Oh, and not spunked all of his money on a shit Argie he'd never heard of.

Good old El Turi trotted out again. He's had plenty of use on NSC if no where else :clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Good old El Turi trotted out again. He's had plenty of use on NSC if no where else :clap:
Yep. El Turi, and the lack of match practice. Both down to the manager, both perfectly valid reasons why WE DON'T SCORE ANY GOALS.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Simster said:
Yep. El Turi, and the lack of match practice. Both down to the manager, both perfectly valid reasons why WE DON'T SCORE ANY GOALS.

and hamstring injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here