Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magoo MUST go - official ARS thread

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
It has not, especially when in a LI style you start changing the facts. McGhee was the one that dragged that row into the press, not Knight.

Tell me, did you find Knight's behaviour acceptable that evening ?

I believe he subsequently apologised.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:
Tell me, did you find Knight's behaviour acceptable that evening ?

I believe he subsequently apologised.

I do think things should be kept in house, both by players and management. But players being frustrated at being substituted s nothing new in football and in a round about sort of way his frustration should he had some passion and a desire to win.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
It has not, especially when in a LI style you start changing the facts. McGhee was the one that dragged that row into the press, not Knight.
Yes, but who CREATED that row ? Do you not feel that Leons public show of dissent that night was the catalyst for the whole thing ? This is what I mean by people's opinion on this whole issue ultimately being coloured by whether you support the manager or not.

Those FOR Mcghee: "Leon was out of order and shouldn't have reacted so petulantly to being subbed".

Those AGAINST McGhee: "The manager was wrong to go public on the row in the Argus that week and handled it badly".

I've not changed ANY facts whatsoever. It's you who is stretching a point by declaring that its now McGhee's "style" to go straight to the Argus to get his message across about his players, when you can only cite the Leon incident as an example. The rest fo the time, its the players being quoted at being unhappy after having a falling out. McGhee is hardly running to the press each time with this kind of thing, its the players making it a public issue not him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What I want to know is why cant Magoo coach out GLUT of strikers where the goal is?

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Yes, but who CREATED that row ? Do you not feel that Leons public show of dissent that night was the catalyst for the whole thing ? This is what I mean by people's opinion on this whole issue ultimately being coloured by whether you support the manager or not.

Those FOR Mcghee: "Leon was out of order and shouldn't have reacted so petulantly to being subbed".

Those AGAINST McGhee: "The manager was wrong to go public on the row in the Argus that week and handled it badly".

I've not changed ANY facts whatsoever. It's you who is stretching a point by declaring that its now McGhee's "style" to go straight to the Argus to get his message across about his players, when you can only cite the Leon incident as an example. The rest fo the time, its the players being quoted at being unhappy after having a falling out. McGhee is hardly running to the press each time with this kind of thing, its the players making it a public issue not him.

Kuipers has not gone to the press, it was McGhee being quoted this morning. Jarratt has not been to the press it was McGhee being quoted about his effort. Even McCammon only went to the press after McGhee said he would be loaned out somewhere.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Kuipers has not gone to the press, it was McGhee being quoted this morning. Jarratt has not been to the press it was McGhee being quoted about his effort. Even McCammon only went to the press after McGhee said he would be loaned out somewhere.

not forgetting mayo and hart

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
I do think things should be kept in house, both by players and management. But players being frustrated at being substituted s nothing new in football and in a round about sort of way his frustration should he had some passion and a desire to win.

I really don't want to go over Leon again but I read that as arrogance and self interest. Shall we agree to disagree there. :lolol:

You are right regarding the frustrations of being substituted but surely you would concede that in all of these instances we have heard about and seen that the players reaction was less than what you would expect / require.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sid James said:
I really don't want to go over Leon again but I read that as arrogance and self interest. Shall we agree to disagree there. :lolol:

You are right regarding the frustrations of being substituted but surely you would concede that in all of these instances we have heard about and seen that the players reaction was less than what you would expect / require.

what was the difference between the way ckr acted in last 15 mins of burnley match and how leon acted?

leaon got slated for his attitude on here

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:

How many times in the past have you seen players go staight down the tunnel rather than to the bench? (granted the best of these was Denny Mundee, he used to play for us LI, but he did that to get a pint and his ciggies). Is it a case we notice the players frustrations at Withdean as the dugouts and tunnel are in different parts of the ground?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Fair enough.

The thing about Kuipers is he has NEVER been like this before.

Leon, jarret and mccammon may have had a bit of a history, but kuipers? no
Prior to his injuries, Kuipers has usually been first choice. The fact that all of a sudden he's now having a grizzle at being dropped is something you should be asking Kuipers about, not blaming McGhee. Christ sake, who's the bloody manager there ? McGhee is THERE to make decisions. If a player can't handle being dropped from the team, then they should f*** off elsewhere (and I say that being a MASSIVE Kuipers fan).

I'm very disappointed with Kuipers attitude, specially considering how the club have stood by him after his car crash and his various long term injuries. I'd be gutted to see him leave the club, but the bottom line is that its the managers job to pick the team. End of story.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Easy 10 said:
Prior to his injuries, Kuipers has usually been first choice. The fact that all of a sudden he's now having a grizzle at being dropped is something you should be asking Kuipers about, not blaming McGhee. Christ sake, who's the bloody manager there ? McGhee is THERE to make decisions. If a player can't handle being dropped from the team, then they should f*** off elsewhere (and I say that being a MASSIVE Kuipers fan).

I'm very disappointed with Kuipers attitude, specially considering how the club have stood by him after his car crash and his various long term injuries. I'd be gutted to see him leave the club, but the bottom line is that its the managers job to pick the team. End of story.

Well said sir.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:

he has been dropped plenty of times before

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
KinkyNormanBaker said:
he has been dropped plenty of times before
So lets get this straight - you're blaming Kuipers' adverse reaction to being dropped, on McGhee ?
Can you clarify what McGhee has supposedly done wrong here ? Cos in my book, he's made an honest, professional decision on team selection. Nothing more, nothing less. Kuipers has reacted badly to that, and this is somehow McGhee's fault now ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fact that Kuipers wasn't even in the squad on Saturday made it inevitable that questions would be asked. Should McGhee lie to us about the reasons then ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
The fact that Kuipers wasn't even in the squad on Saturday made it inevitable that questions would be asked. Should McGhee lie to us about the reasons then ?

Just say something else to stop it reaching the bloody press as ANOTHER fall out with a player.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
How many times in the past have you seen players go staight down the tunnel rather than to the bench? (granted the best of these was Denny Mundee, he used to play for us LI, but he did that to get a pint and his ciggies). Is it a case we notice the players frustrations at Withdean as the dugouts and tunnel are in different parts of the ground?

As you didn't answer my question I'm sorry to put words into your mouth, but I cannot believe for one second that you find some of the players behaviour acceptable this season. Still you expect the manager to turn a blind eye to it and show everyone else at the club that he is fair game to have a pop at.

Like I said the die was cast when he arrived for you wasn't it ?

Funny really, I was seriously underwhelmed when we appointed him and yet my admiration for him has grown over his time here.

Mind you, present company excepted, the comments about him from some on this board help to cement that admiration.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Just say something else to stop it reaching the bloody press as ANOTHER fall out with a player.
Right, so now McGhee should be lying to the fans about the reasons for his team selections ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:
As you didn't answer my question I'm sorry to put words into your mouth, but I cannot believe for one second that you find some of the players behaviour acceptable this season. Still you expect the manager to turn a blind eye to it and show everyone else at the club that he is fair game to have a pop at.

Like I said the die was cast when he arrived for you wasn't it ?

Funny really, I was seriously underwhelmed when we appointed him and yet my admiration for him has grown over his time here.

Mind you, present company excepted, the comments about him from some on this board help to cement that view.

What I do not expect is the manager to go to the press and say I will not pick him until he says sorry. Fair enough, do not pick him until he apologises, but do not use the press to get this message over to the player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here