Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magoo MUST go - official ARS thread

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
tinx said:
A large %age of ALbion fans wanted dowie but Knight went for the experience of McGhee, obviously in retrospect that was not the best choice as Dowie has since proved but to be fair if Dowie had come in he would have done well for a season and then got a decent job and left like so many before. Whereas Noone is interested in McGhee so we have at least some continuity.

No one is interested in Magoo because he is USELESS :angry: :angry: :angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dowie would've been a good appointment, and you're quite right Uncle B, all managers do have to start somewhere. Hindsights a wonderful thing though. I think with Dick having been stung badly once before with an 'unknown' appointment, he was always going to go for experience once Coppell walked out, and I don't blame him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At last some sense from a TRUE fan.

Now we will see a guaranteed 3 points. Why? Because everytime there is the THREAT of a MASSIVE ARS protest, we always get three points.

The FACTS speak for themselves - Plymouth, Palace, Hull and Leeds, each time Ernest has organised a MASSIVE protest and each time we have got three points.

Thanks to the MOVEMENTS of Ernests ARS three points are in the bag.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Magoo out :angry: :angry: :angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
mcshane in the 79th said:
Are you one of the people who slag McGhee off for signing Turienzo?

Talking about managers not players.

If a player is watched you can generally work out if they have the basics, not sure Turienzo was watched.

With unproven managers you are to an extent in the lap of the gods, look at Platt, did all the badges, fast tracked by the FA, but in fact useless as a manager. Where as somebody like Paul Jewell, journeyman player, but has done well in management at both Bradford and Wigan.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Talking about managers not players.

If a player is watched you can generally work out if they have the basics, not sure Turienzo was watched.

With unproven managers you are to an extent in the lap of the gods, look at Platt, did all the badges, fast tracked by the FA, but in fact useless as a manager. Where as somebody like Paul Jewell, journeyman player, but has done well in management at both Bradford and Wigan.

But you\'re saying it\'s ok to go for an unproven manager, but not a unproven player?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
I will not be unhappy to see the back of McGhee. However if nobody comes in for him I fear we are stuck with him, until we say we are not renewing his contract.

I know you wouldn't happy to see the back of him. What I asked was if we do stay up ( big if, I know ) would you still believe he should be sacked ?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Ernest said:
What a surprise that the Spurs reserve player doesn't not want to come here on loan and play for a lardy Jocko fool, no doubt Mr Barnard has heard abour Magoo's behaviour on the bus and has noted the many long distance away games coming up and didn't FANCY thumbing a lift home from Plymouth.
Well enough is ENOUGH and it's time for that potless pillock Dick Tight to open his wallet take out £9 or preferably £18 and buy Magoo and the Clipboard Kid a National Express £9 go anywhere ticket as far from Withdean as the offer allows. We have no chance of AVOIDING relegation with this pair of clueless chumps in charge and if Dick Tight wants to see how it is done then he should take a look at Watford.
A year ago they were in a similar position with a manager who took them to the FA Cup semi final and people talked about him like the IDIOTS on here talk about Magoo but the chairman could see they were going down and had the COURAGE to do something about it. When he appointed Boothroyd everyone except knowledgable football BRAINS like me said who ? But I could see he was a TRIED and TESTED one for the future and it's time we did the same , SACK the Scottish tub of lard and give the job to Dean Wilkins.
Dick Tight now has 3 days to do the RIGHT thing and SACK the Scot and if he doesn't then I promise no I GUARANTEE I will unleash a massive no a GIGANTIC protest on Saturday .

MAGOO MUST GO :angry: :angry: :angry:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:, some sense at last. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
At last some sense from a TRUE fan.

Now we will see a guaranteed 3 points. Why? Because everytime there is the THREAT of a MASSIVE ARS protest, we always get three points.

The FACTS speak for themselves - Plymouth, Palace, Hull and Leeds, each time Ernest has organised a MASSIVE protest and each time we have got three points.

Thanks to the MOVEMENTS of Ernests ARS three points are in the bag.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Magoo out :angry: :angry: :angry:

If that\'s the case please can Ernest plan \"massive\" protests before every home and away game for the rest of the season?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:
I know you wouldn't happy to see the back of him. What I asked was if we do stay up ( big if, I know ) would you still believe he should be sacked ?

Personally I think there have been enough issues this season to suggest that something needs looking at. However if we stay up I know the board would not sack him, Knight does not seem to sack managers. If he were not to go, I would certainly like his remit rained in. I would not be adversed to Hinshlewood becoming Director of Football (rather than just incharge of youth), so that all targets had to go past him and McGhee was just incharge of the footballing side of the professional players. It might lead to less expensive (relatively I know but for us expensive) blips in the transfer market and it might undermine McGhee enough that he walks.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Decent scouting with a player should give you some idea if he is going to be any cop.

With a manager starting out there is something of a lottery.

I am sorry but comparing the 2 does not add up.

I\'m sorry but if we went for Dowie and did well great, but if he failed miserably you\'d be complaining that we didn\'t go for experienced manager.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Personally I think there have been enough issues this season to suggest that something needs looking at. However if we stay up I know the board would not sack him, Knight does not seem to sack managers. If he were not to go, I would certainly like his remit rained in. I would not be adversed to Hinshlewood becoming Director of Football (rather than just incharge of youth), so that all targets had to go past him and McGhee was just incharge of the footballing side of the professional players. It might lead to less expensive (relatively I know but for us expensive) blips in the transfer market and it might undermine McGhee enough that he walks.

Is that a yes, I think so.

If we do stay up, I would define that as a third successful league campaign, despite the various ups and downs along the way.

Would you agree ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
mcshane in the 79th said:
I\'m sorry but if we went for Dowie and did well great, but if he failed miserably you\'d be complaining that we didn\'t go for experienced manager.

But Dowie was not a novice.

He had a couple of years at Oldham under him and had been on the coaching staff at QPR prior to that.

Please do not tell me what I would or would not be complaining about, there is a good chap.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:
Is that a yes, I think so.

If we do stay up, I would define that as a third successful league campaign, despite the various ups and downs along the way.

Would you agree ?

If he keeps us up, he has done his job. But I think the issue is bigger than staying up or going down. There seem to be issues behind the scenes, which will happen at any club, but the fact that keep getting into the press is a real worry.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
But Dowie was not a novice.

He had a couple of years at Oldham under him and had been on the coaching staff at QPR prior to that.

Please do not tell me what I would or would not be complaining about, there is a good chap.

I\'m sure Turienzo has playing football for a few years as well.

Oh and where\'s the good chap then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here