Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lyrics on the screen

What do you think about the chants that appeared on the big screens?

• Like - please keep

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Don't like - please get rid of now

Votes: 86 95.6%

• Total voters

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Cringeworthy.

People will be clapping the opposition's subs next and suggesting we join in songs with away fans.

:facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well I thought it actually killed the atmosphere as people were either refusing to sing in principle or were too busy looking at the boards with disgust. We had a few corners where virtually no one sung Seagulls Seagulls Seagulls

To be fair it was probably trepidation as our corners were rubbish last night, if Gus does nothing else today he MUST teach the players how to take a corner

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Goal music on Friday apparently. We have officially SOLD OUT

I'm not sure if I would mind goal music quite as much as I do, if we blasted out "Glad All Over" over the PA when CMS bangs in the fourth:D:D

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Respectful email sent to the club. :)

Thanks , on behalf of everyone

and did you happen to drop into the Email that goal music is the shittest thing EVER? although didn't Martin Perry or Tony Bloom say that will never happen?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The stupidest part of all this is that it's not as if Albion fans need any help at the Amex. The atmosphere has been absolutely ROCKING there for every single game. By the time of the Blackpool game, ALL THREE stands were singing.

What next? Free clackersticks just because that's how they do it at Reading?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The stupidest part of all this is that it's not as if Albion fans need any help at the Amex. The atmosphere has been absolutely ROCKING there for every single game. By the time of the Blackpool game, ALL THREE stands were singing.

What next? Free clackersticks just because that's how they do it at Reading?

We've had clackersticks at the last game at withers. possibly even more annoying than goal music

Do kids not know what to do with their hands nowadays?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thanks , on behalf of everyone

and did you happen to drop into the Email that goal music is the shittest thing EVER? although didn't Martin Perry or Tony Bloom say that will never happen?

The relevant part of the email...

The chant lyrics on the screen - about as welcome as goal music, and most of my fellow supporters on your favourite messageboard appear to be in strong agreement. I find it a little disingenuous to try and orchestrate an already noisy bunch of fans with an instruction (or even encouragement) of what to sing and when to sing it. Please could this cease and desist.

Awaiting a response.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Really really really really really hope this is gone by the Palace games. This was embarrassing and whoever thought of it should be fired. We make so much noise already, we don't need to be instructed to do it. Might have to bring a rocket launcher into the West Stand on Tuesday and blast one out towards the screen if I see those words again.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I stopped singing Seagulls, when corners were being taken as soon as those frigging graphics turned up

embarrassment does not come close to explaining how I felt

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I like it - its helping me learn the songs... why do we sometimes play in green and black? I really enjoyed seeing liverpool play - although i was surprised as i thought they were in a higher league than us. Its all very strange... but i am sure i will get used to it all.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm not sure if I would mind goal music quite as much as I do, if we blasted out "Glad All Over" over the PA when CMS bangs in the fourth:D:D

It would be even better if we sang it though, as suggested by [MENTION=11828]Twinkle Toes[/MENTION].

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I like it - its helping me learn the songs... why do we sometimes play in green and black? I really enjoyed seeing liverpool play - although i was surprised as i thought they were in a higher league than us. Its all very strange... but i am sure i will get used to it all.

If that isn't :fishing: ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here