Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch -being put up front, Why?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Brentford felt like a defeat.

I think the problem is we are not looking convincing as a side at all and none of the problems that we had at the end of last season have been addressed.

:clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was never at left-back. As soon as El Abd was on, Lynch was pushed forward (intially he was ON the left for a brief period of play, granted, but he was certainly not playing as a LB as he was too far forward). We seemed to be in a 3-3-3 with Reid-Santos-El Abd, Cox-Loft-Chippy, and Lynch-OGH-Jake, but it all descended into a bit of a mess (as you'd expect).

And Turkey - I'm hardly one of the most voiciferous "McGhee OUT" ranters on here, but I still reserve the right to be f***ed off at the complete dogs dinner he made of the team on Sunday. Going down to 10 men does mean a reorganisation is required, but instead we seem to get player and positions hopelessly scattered to the wind.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:
He was never at left-back. As soon as El Abd was on, Lynch was pushed forward (intially he was ON the left for a brief period of play, granted, but he was certainly not playing as a LB as he was too far forward). We seemed to be in a 3-3-3 with Reid-Santos-El Abd, Cox-Loft-Chippy, and Lynch-OGH-Jake, but it all descended into a bit of a mess (as you'd expect).

And Turkey - I'm hardly one of the most voiciferous "McGhee OUT" ranters on here, but I still reserve the right to be f***ed off at the complete dogs dinner he made of the team on Sunday. Going down to 10 men does mean a reorganisation is required, but instead we seem to get player and positions hopelessly scattered to the wind.

Yep agreed. Lynch definitely went upfront.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
With all due respect it was very soon after El Abd came on the Lynch went upfront. It may have taken that time to pass the message on or for a break in play to change the formation around.

They changed it around straight away though. Reid went straight to right back and Harty went straight up front. Maybe the confusion was because Lynch was making runs forward to support the midfield? Maybe he got his injury soon after the subs were made? Either way, he was not put up front when Revell came off, it was clearly Hart and Robinson. As confirmed by the post match interview!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure why anyone is trying to defend McGhee here. We got beat 4-1 at home to Crewe for f*** sake.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm not sure why anyone is trying to defend McGhee here. We got beat 4-1 at home to Crewe for f*** sake.

Because in the eyes of some he can do NO wrong.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Turkey said:
They changed it around straight away though. Reid went straight to right back and Harty went straight up front. Maybe the confusion was because Lynch was making runs forward to support the midfield? Maybe he got his injury soon after the subs were made? Either way, he was not put up front when Revell came off, it was clearly Hart and Robinson. As confirmed by the post match interview!

I would agree, He did seem to be playing in more of a wing back position for 2 or 3 minutes before going up front.

I thought the injury occured when he was upfront having just taken a shot as a crewe player made a tackle when he was streching.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:

I didn't see it that way at all. I reserve the right to get f***ed off too - indeed, whilst it may not spoil your day, it'll spoil mine.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DAMANCLAY said:
I thought the injury occured when he was upfront having just taken a shot as a crewe player made a tackle when he was streching.
That is EXACTLY when he got injured.
Which makes McGhee's post-match statement about putting Lynch up-front BECAUSE he was injured, uhhh, questionable shall we say.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Easy 10 said:
That is EXACTLY when he got injured.
Which makes McGhee's post-match statement about putting Lynch up-front BECAUSE he was injured, uhhh, questionable shall we say.

I thought that, As before that he seemed fine running and going in to tackles and after was a little bit cautious.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Because in the eyes of some he can do NO wrong.

Ye he f***ing can do wrong. Doug Loft is far more deserving of a midfield place over Hammond.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Barnet Seagull said:
How are we to know that he didn't have a knock or strain before then?

Well we dont, But if he did he was making a very good impression of someone who was 100% fit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
How are we to know that he didn't have a knock or strain before then?

We don't.

We still lost 4-1.

You are allowed to f***ing complain sometimes you know.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We don't.

We still lost 4-1.

No you cant. Just take it on the chin, shrug your shoulders and say never mind always next week.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We don't.

We still lost 4-1.

No you're not, finances, Withdean, punching above our weight in this division, who would do a better job?

:dunce:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We don't.

We still lost 4-1.

Sometimes! SOMETIMES! Ha!

You're allowed to complain all you want and I'd say a lot of people make use of that! Sometimes! I yearn for the day. :clap2:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We don't.

We still lost 4-1.

Of course you can, Im so f***ed off by the way we chucked that game away and this time the blame falls only on MM IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here