Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch -being put up front, Why?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
It was a shambles before the subsitution you condecending prick
Calm down fella. No need to start getting abusive is there. LI will say you're getting hysterical.

:rolleyes:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm sorry. It's just pure rudeness on your part though. I shouldn't have stooped to it either. We're all passionate or we wouldnt bother debating it, I thought you were unneccesarily rude to LI though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
I'm sorry. It's just pure rudeness on your part though. I shouldn't have stooped to it either. We're all passionate or we wouldnt bother debating it, I thought you were unneccesarily rude to LI though.
Was I rude to LI ? I've certainly seen worse on here :lolol:

Anyways, you're right we ARE all passionate, and have had "a full and frank exchange of views" as Harty would say. Lets leave it at that.

:thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First post back on NSC for donks but I finally have something to say. I've been living abroad for the last 4 years but came back to sunny Hove a few weeks ago. Seeing 1 or 2 games a season and listening on Seagulls World really doesn't give me much clout in the McGhee in / out debate.

However I have to say I'm swaying towards 'Out' after Sunday. The substitutions were nothing short of clueless. Hart moved from centre forward to right back and back again. Hammond was having a nightmare and should have gone at half time yet he actually out survived Stokes on the pitch while Revell was taken off when he was the only one who looked like he was putting in 100% all the time.

Meatime enter Al-Abd (at 3-1 down, defender for an attacker great move :down: ) and off goes our best defender to the left wing. The argument that he took a knock seems ridiculous to me. We were losing heavily and needed to chase the game so surely if we had any ambition then the left wing would have been one of the busier places on the park?

Anyway I still don't feel qualified to be fully in either camp but many more performances like Sundays on and off the pitch will have me firmly in the McGhee Out side.

:drink:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Was I rude to LI ? I've certainly seen worse on here :lolol:

Anyways, you're right we ARE all passionate, and have had "a full and frank exchange of views" as Harty would say. Lets leave it at that.

:thumbsup:

Suits me. As for the ABUSE. I personally find the sarcastic kinda writing far more rude than the odd 'c**t', wanker and so on.

Easy 10 said:
As you can see from other posts, my solution was NOT to "empty the defence and stick a player up front" at all. I'm not saying my formation would necessarily have been the answer, or would have changed the result. But I'm a great believer in players playing where they are accustomed to, or as close as circumstances allow. Its abundently clear that McGhee had NO plan to cover the possibility of losing Mayo, and his attempts to fix the problem went from bad to worse.

Well, I just don't think playing Cox as a wingback is anywhere near his accustomed position, so I fear you have not matched your high principles to your makeshift formation.

McGhee had no plan to cover for his left-back getting sent off and his stand-in leftback getting injured? :lolol: Magoo out :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What does my tits in is there are valid criticisms to be made, which are ignored.

McGhee can rightly be criticised for play Reid LB and Hart RB. As it didn't work, at all.

He can also be criticised for moving Lynch to left back. There was an argument last week all about Lynch at left back! Should Rents have been on the bench? Should El-Abd have played left back?

But instead, lets argue that Lynch was put up front as a target man when the changes were made :jester:

Guinness Boy said:
Hammond was having a nightmare and should have gone at half time yet he actually out survived Stokes on the pitch
Stokes has had stamina problems in recent games and they've discovered it's partly due to some kind of energy-sapping medical condition, which they are now treating. Don't be surprised to see him subbed until they get him back to 100% again.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
London Irish said:
Stokes has had stamina problems in recent games and they've discovered it's partly due to some kind of energy-sapping medical condition, which they are now treating. Don't be surprised to see him subbed until they get him back to 100% again.

Which raises another valid question/criticism. Should we play a player who can only play for 60 minutes?

So many moaning opprtunities missed lads. Come on, jump on, quick! :clap2:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:

Hmmmm, is it wise to extend his loan? I would say no. He's looked alright but we can't afford to carry anyone.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Lokki 7 said:
But surely that is why we signed Revell?
But if Revell is the answer, what the hell is the question????

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Hmmmm, is it wise to extend his loan? I would say no. He's looked alright but we can't afford to carry anyone.
Er.........CKR....???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
London Irish said:

Hence the actually - point being Hammond was so poor on Sunday he didn't deserve to outlast someone with a medical condition

Last edited:

Guinness Boy said:
Hence the actually - point being Hammond was so poor on Sunday he didn't deserve to outlast someone with a medical condition

Gotcha. Poor old Dean.

Last edited:

Easy 10 said:
Playing defenders as strikers, midfielders as fullbacks, throwing in youngsters like Hinsh at centre-back (at CHAMPIONSHIP level), the various formations...no, its not always worked, but he's got it right a hell of a lot more often than he's got it wrong. McGhee has had to show flexibility and innovation with the squad - something he's also asked of his players, and they've responded and paid him back in spades.

THAT is the mark of a great manager.

Sorry Easy, had to be done :D

Turkey said:
It was a shambles before the subsitution you condecending prick

Don't be a tit, that is uncalled for. And lets be honest, it was a shambles before, during and after the substitution hence the 1-4 scoreline.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lokki 7 said:
And lets be honest, it was a shambles before, during and after the substitution hence the 1-4 scoreline.

It started to be a shambles in about the 44th minute.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bakesy said:
Er.........CKR....???

What are you on about? We are carrying CKR but that's because we have to. We do not have to carry Stokes.

Personally I think McGhee is yet again going about the CKR situation in completely the wrong way. He should be trying to convince Colin, who is probably our most talented player, that his future (or at least a part of it) is with this club. He seems to be distancing Colin more and more from playing for the first team again when we are reaching an 'all hands on deck' kind of situation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What are you on about? We are carrying CKR but that's because we have to. We do not have to carry Stokes.

Personally I think McGhee is yet again going about the CKR situation in completely the wrong way. He should be trying to convince Colin, who is probably our most talented player, that his future (or at least a part of it) is with this club. He seems to be distancing Colin more and more from playing for the first team again when we are reaching an 'all hands on deck' kind of situation.

I dont think I have ever seen a manager use the press so much to talk about players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here