Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch -being put up front, Why?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
But if he hadn't tried it with Virgo, we would have been a League 1 club a year sooner. So in that sense, it does work.

And Lynch's move was injury dictated, McGhee said so very clearly after the game.

Pure guess work to suggest if Virgo wasnt up front Brighton would have gone down

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
BOLLOCKS Turkey.
When El Abd came on, Lynch intially went wide-left of midfield, pushing forward. He started briefly at left-midfield (possibly just through the pattern of play at that moment), and was soon drifting inside as an extra striker.

At NO POINT after El Abd came on was was Lynch playing at left back.

Furthermore, regardless off whether he was left back or not, you have just said he started at left midfield - so not up front - as you said earlier. Plus it was due to injury. Fucks sake.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
And Lynch's move was injury dictated, McGhee said so very clearly after the game.
But that made no sense. When Lynch went down receiving treatment on the edge of the Crewe box, El Abd was ALREADY on. It was after the Hammond/Loft swap too, so all the subs had been made at that point, and I was concerned at the time that we could be about to go down to NINE men if Lynch couldn't get up and carry on.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Pure guess work to suggest if Virgo wasnt up front Brighton would have gone down

Pure guess work to suggest another manager could have done better than McGhee.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
But that made no sense. When Lynch went down receiving treatment on the edge of the Crewe box, El Abd was ALREADY on. It was after the Hammond/Loft swap too, so all the subs had been made at that point, and I was concerned at the time that we could be about to go down to NINE men if Lynch couldn't get up and carry on.

What's your point...?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
Furthermore, regardless off whether he was left back or not, you have just said he started at left midfield - so not up front - as you said earlier. Plus it was due to injury. Fucks sake.
OK, it depends how you interpret the left side of a front 3 when the formation has been f***ed up by a sending off. The central point is that Lynch was moved from the centre of defence and pushed into a forward role at the expense of Alex Revell. And (as I've just imparted to LI), this was before he went down and received treatment on the pitch for an injury.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
What's your point...?
McGhee claims he moved Lynch up front because he was injured.
I'm saying Lynch was ALREADY playing up front when he GOT injured.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tom Hark said:
Not quite sure I follow the logic of that one ???
Likewise.
I've kind of given up on trying to understand McGhee's logic though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
OK, it depends how you interpret the left side of a front 3 when the formation has been f***ed up by a sending off. The central point is that Lynch was moved from the centre of defence and pushed into a forward role at the expense of Alex Revell. And (as I've just imparted to LI), this was before he went down and received treatment on the pitch for an injury.

I don't recall seeing Lynch get injured, I was in the East Stand. What I did have a very good view of was the defence. When McGhee took Revell off - he put Reid RB and Lynch LB. I saw it, I know it and if you disagree thats a shame.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Tom Hark said:
Evidently he has started using the velvet bag DURING games a well.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Tom Hark said:

It's not really that difficult.

Either take Lynch off and chase a game with 9 men or;

Put him up front, where his injury is unlikely to result in a vital mistake that loses us a goal and try to use his height to our advantage.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
I don't recall seeing Lynch get injured, I was in the East Stand. What I did have a very good view of was the defence. When McGhee took Revell off - he put Reid RB and Lynch LB. I saw it, I know it and if you disagree thats a shame.
:lolol:
A shame indeed. I'll try not to let it spoil my day though.
:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wasn't there, so can't really comment other than to say that SURELY everybody should be able to agreee on whether he played at left-back or up-front when Revell went off. I mean, DOH! :dunce:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Tom Hark said:
I wasn't there, so can't really comment other than to say that SURELY everybody should be able to agreee on whether he played at left-back or up-front when Revell went off. I mean, DOH! :dunce:

Thats why I find it so amazing that Easy didn't see it. He was at left back. I'm suprised everyone hasn't gone mental at McGhee for doing that. Its another easy moan. f***ing hell McGhee you prick why put him left back? It's f***ing fun being a moaner isnt it, you can pretty much moan and invent all you want. Fantastic. Why not f*** off and supported Cambridge United. They've got loads to moan about. Bugger us, we've only lost two games, thats too good for us moaning ****s. :angry:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Turkey said:
Thats why I find it so amazing that Easy didn't see it. He was at left back. I'm suprised everyone hasn't gone mental at McGhee for doing that. Its another easy moan. f***ing hell McGhee you prick why put him left back? It's f***ing fun being a moaner isnt it, you can pretty much moan and invent all you want. Fantastic. Why not f*** off and supported Cambridge United. They've got loads to moan about. Bugger us, we've only lost two games, thats too good for us moaning ****s. :angry:

With all due respect it was very soon after El Abd came on the Lynch went upfront. It may have taken that time to pass the message on or for a break in play to change the formation around.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Turkey said:

Brentford felt like a defeat.

I think the problem is we are not looking convincing as a side at all and none of the problems that we had at the end of last season have been addressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here