Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch -being put up front, Why?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhaexpress said:
To be honest I have been fence sitting for a while about McGhee given the limitations that some people seem happy to ignore but, its getting silly and this playing of people out of position seems to be his signiture move throughout his managerial career.

Doesn't wok does it ? I think Virgo was the exception that proves the rule.

More so Reid.

Virgo was dire up front most of the time and shot from stupid ranges - perfect example of a home town player.

Tom Hark said:
Well he runs about a lot like a big happy eager-to-please labrador. Which is an improvement on some we've had recently. Not particularly effective tho, is he?

This is the frustration with McGhee though isn't it. It's still August and he seems to have written of Revell already... SO WHY SIGN HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!. I personally think Revell has done OK so far. It's going to take him a while before he shows his best given his age and background. But at 3-1 down at home, surely he would be a better bet in the target man role than Lynch? If not then I ask again, why sign him?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
2pc.%20truffle%20velvet%20bag.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was an unbelievable substitution. Chasing the game at 3-1 down, what is the POINT of taking off a striker (who played a big part in setting up our goal), putting on El Abd, and shoving Lynch up front ? What does that do for Revells confidence ?

"Aye, off ye come Alex, I'm gannae push a centreback up front insteed"

Pathetic.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Easy 10 said:
It was an unbelievable substitution. Chasing the game at 3-1 down, what is the POINT of taking off a striker (who played a big part in setting up our goal), putting on El Abd, and shoving Lynch up front ? What does that do for Revells confidence ?

Pathetic.

That annoyed me so much, Why take Revell off? was no need at all.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I must admit I thought that Revell should have stayed upfront.

I dont mind Lynch being thrown upfront coz he was carrying a knock but Revell looked our most likely goal threat.

Albion Rob

This is my dream team for the Brizzle game - and to be honest it looks a long way from coming off so let's all just close our eyes and wish:

GK Kuipers - nothing against Hendo but his confidence must be pretty low at the moment.

RB El Abd - he always seems ok when I see him, positional sense might not be so cruelly exposed out there

CB Santos - Thought his heading was decent enough

CB Lynch - Or maybe we could play him up front?! Seriosuly, has looked the best of the bunch for me so far.

LB Rents - Going to have to give him a chance some time

RM Hart - God I miss him winning us corners by chasing down lost causes

LM Hammond - Not sure about having a right footer out there but he's good at heading and has shown enough in the past to suggest he has ability, just no confidence

CM Carpenter - Playing defensively

CM Reid - One of the few genuinely vreative players we've got, such a shame he currently has to try to do it from right back

ST Robinson - I think his positional play outfoxes a lot of defenders. Also felt he was unfortunate to be subbed against Brentford and Forest

ST Revell - Just get him running round jumping into people, can't do any hard.

Obviously I wish it was all different with CKR as he would get a hatful in this division but that appears to be a closed book now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So aparently he moved up front because he was injured (makes perfect sense ???), but why before that was he moved to the left wing?

And why would we want him to be the "new Virgo"? He's FAR too good a defender to waste.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Albion Rob said:
This is my dream team for the Brizzle game - and to be honest it looks a long way from coming off so let's all just close our eyes and wish:

GK Kuipers - nothing against Hendo but his confidence must be pretty low at the moment.

RB El Abd - he always seems ok when I see him, positional sense might not be so cruelly exposed out there

CB Santos - Thought his heading was decent enough

CB Lynch - Or maybe we could play him up front?! Seriosuly, has looked the best of the bunch for me so far.

LB Rents - Going to have to give him a chance some time

RM Hart - God I miss him winning us corners by chasing down lost causes

LM Hammond - Not sure about having a right footer out there but he's good at heading and has shown enough in the past to suggest he has ability, just no confidence

CM Carpenter - Playing defensively

CM Reid - One of the few genuinely vreative players we've got, such a shame he currently has to try to do it from right back

ST Robinson - I think his positional play outfoxes a lot of defenders. Also felt he was unfortunate to be subbed against Brentford and Forest

ST Revell - Just get him running round jumping into people, can't do any hard.

Obviously I wish it was all different with CKR as he would get a hatful in this division but that appears to be a closed book now.

Why drop Cox when he's playing well and scored?
And Stokes looks a tidy and far better than Hammond who's quite awful at the moment

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
So will the clueless one use the excuse that we already have a target man in Lynch when we don't sign anyone in the next couple of days?

Albion Rob

keaton said:
Why drop Cox when he's playing well and scored?
And Stokes looks a tidy and far better than Hammond who's quite awful at the moment

Oh yeah, forgot about Stokes, well reminded - stick him at LM for Hammond. Or possibly CM and move Reid to the left, although that's not good for a right footer.

I'm not convinced about Cox. Good goal on Monday and is good when he's got a little bit of time but I think he's too lightweight and doesn't have quite enough to counteract that eg pace, amazing crosses, sublime skill.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
This is the frustration with McGhee though isn't it. It's still August and he seems to have written of Revell already... SO WHY SIGN HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!. I personally think Revell has done OK so far. It's going to take him a while before he shows his best given his age and background. But at 3-1 down at home, surely he would be a better bet in the target man role than Lynch? If not then I ask again, why sign him?

Thats rediculous. Written off Revell? Bollocks has he!

All he said was: "I left Harty up there because he gives you that little bit of a physical edge... Alex wasn't having a good game".

He did not put Lynch up front at this point in time. He put HART and ROBINSON up front. Lynch was at left back.

As Lynch had a knock he stuck him up front so that we could maybe benefit a little bit from his height. He must have been in fit state to defend. So rather than going down to 9 men just make the most of a bad situation.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Pathetic.

I don't blame you for not watching what actually happend as it was dire. You can't just invent stuff to suit yourself though!

He didn't take Revell off and put Lynch up front. He took Revell off and put Hart up front.

Pathetic Easy :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
I don't blame you for not watching what actually happend as it was dire. You can't just invent stuff to suit yourself though!

He didn't take Revell off and put Lynch up front. He took Revell off and put Hart up front.

Pathetic Easy :rolleyes:
BOLLOCKS Turkey.
When El Abd came on, Lynch intially went wide-left of midfield, pushing forward. He started briefly at left-midfield (possibly just through the pattern of play at that moment), and was soon drifting inside as an extra striker.

At NO POINT after El Abd came on was was Lynch playing at left back.

Last edited:

bhaexpress said:
To be honest I have been fence sitting for a while about McGhee given the limitations that some people seem happy to ignore but, its getting silly and this playing of people out of position seems to be his signiture move throughout his managerial career.

Doesn't wok does it ? I think Virgo was the exception that proves the rule.

But if he hadn't tried it with Virgo, we would have been a League 1 club a year sooner. So in that sense, it does work.

And Lynch's move was injury dictated, McGhee said so very clearly after the game.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
BOLLOCKS Turkey.
When El Abd came on, Lynch intially went wide-left of midfield, pushing forward. He started briefly at left-midfield and was soon drifting inside as an extra striker.

At NO POINT after El Abd came on was was Lynch playing at left back.

Yes he f***ing was.

Easy 10 said:

Pathetic.

Pathetic is your belief that putting Lynch up front was a tactical move and not injury-enforced! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here