Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luis Suarez

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The only way the FA will get involved is if the CPS decide not to proceed (unlikely?) then the FA will have the dilemma whether it should take it's own action if the CPS decide not to proceed or if JT is acquitted in Court. .

Not so - even if it goes to court, the FA will still take their own action - its not as though the court is going to give him a playing ban, is it?

Imagine if the court found him guilty, and gave him a two-week suspended prison sentence, or a community order of some kind, so he'd be free to play for Chelsea without any disruption to his career. There would be uproar.

If it goes to court and he is found innocent, then the FA are in a difficult position.

Brian Fairey

Southern Scouse
Dec 12, 2011
If Terry doesn't get twice the sentence dished out for Suarez then it will prove that the Chelsea and Man Utd scum have got the FA in there pockets.

Teams like LFC and Spurs are playing with one hand tied behind their backs if you ask me. :(

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What I don't understand is that David Davies, ex head of the FA, is saying that it's one of the most difficult cases the FA has ever had to handle and even the head of Kick Racism Out of Football has said "No-one is saying he's a racist, he's probably a very nice guy". It is clear, as Gus and others have pointed out, that this has happened because of cultural differences. In Uruguay, what Suarez said would not be offensive.

So the logical conclusion of all of this is that the FA should have shown a great deal of leniancy - perhaps a fine and a 'suspended' sentence. Instead, when it is obvious this is a massive grey area, they give him an EIGHT game ban.

Once again the FA prove what idiots they are.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f*** me I thought Celtic fans were paranoid with the supposed Scottish FA/Rangers conspiracy but Liverpool are taking it to a whole new level.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it goes to court and he is found innocent, then the FA are in a difficult position.

Not really. He won't be found innocent, he will be found not guilty. It sounds like it's the same thing, but technically, it's not. Innocence isn't proven, it's assumed. The prosecution just hasn't proven to a particular judge or a particular jury guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. With football, there always tends to be cynicism about the impartiality (look at the Gerrard trial, where he was found not guilty of attacking the guy in the club, and some people drew suggested being a liverpool player on trial in liverpool may have protected him) and perhaps certain quarters may feel the FA would be more impartial than a jury of londoners in the trial of a chelsea hero.

Perhaps one can argue that the same standards should apply, but I doubt they do.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What I don't understand is that David Davies, ex head of the FA, is saying that it's one of the most difficult cases the FA has ever had to handle and even the head of Kick Racism Out of Football has said "No-one is saying he's a racist, he's probably a very nice guy". It is clear, as Gus and others have pointed out, that this has happened because of cultural differences. In Uruguay, what Suarez said would not be offensive.

So the logical conclusion of all of this is that the FA should have shown a great deal of leniancy - perhaps a fine and a 'suspended' sentence. Instead, when it is obvious this is a massive grey area, they give him an EIGHT game ban.

Once again the FA prove what idiots they are.

Agree with most of that. Very odd. Unless this is the start of some kind of zero tolerance campaign. I doubt it though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Closet Man U fan takes on not so closet Liverpool fan. I'm wavering between 'toss' and 'a monkeys' and can't decide which one not to give.

Anyway, it's clear the FA are playing a bigger game here. After Blatter's bizarre comments on racism the FA are taking a very high moral ground regarding this.

Have you been sleeping with Common as Mook again?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At the end of the day, Luis Suarez has taught us a lovely term of endearment from his native country. :bowdown:

What has John Terry ever done for us?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
and I didn't know til today that Suarez's granddad was black. I wonder what he would have made of this.

Prevaricate: To speak falsely or misleadingly; deliberately misstate or create an incorrect impression; lie.

Also, anagram of Patrice Evra

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I know. People who have never been the subject of any sort of racial abuse telling ethnic minorities how they should feel about racism. Bizarre innit.
Absolutely, just like people born and brought up in sussex telling people from london how they should feel about the extreme changes experienced by the native population.................................it works both ways CAM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here