Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luis Suarez

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Black armbands at the ready for the next game then for Liverpool.

Utterly ridiculous decision. It is a basic premise of UK justice that someone is only found guilty when the case is proved "beyond reasonable doubt". The only "evidence" is Evra's opinion; this is clearly insufficient.

The sensible thing would have been to throw the case out on that basis. Instead, the story's now set to run for 6 months as we get the inevitable appeal, the legal precedent being used as a barometer by the prosecution against John Terry, the inevitable conviction that will arise on him and the global story that England's captain is a convicted racist. Brilliant preparation for Euro 2012 - Rooney the thug and Terry the racist.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Closet Man U fan takes on not so closet Liverpool fan. I'm wavering between 'toss' and 'a monkeys' and can't decide which one not to give.

Anyway, it's clear the FA are playing a bigger game here. After Blatter's bizarre comments on racism the FA are taking a very high moral ground regarding this.

Closet Man U fan?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolutely, just like people born and brought up in sussex telling people from london how they should feel about the extreme changes experienced by the native population.................................it works both ways CAM.

What is the native population of London then? In Peter Ackroyd's 'A Biography of London', a superb but challenging read, London has always been multi-cultural. You'd have to be more specific as to what you believe the 'native' population to be.

"like the sea and the gallows, London refuses nobody."

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
well its not completely different , its fom the same family of languages and my portuguese colleague understands a lot of spanish.......................just to be pedantic !

It bloody is completely different, my Spanish is OK, I cant understand a word of Portugese.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The whole Palace team racially abused me the other day. Only my word against theirs but expect an equally fair ban for their whole squad if goes to FA............... ridiculous!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What is the native population of London then? In Peter Ackroyd's 'A Biography of London', a superb but challenging read, London has always been multi-cultural. You'd have to be more specific as to what you believe the 'native' population to be.

"like the sea and the gallows, London refuses nobody."
London has never had anywhere near the level of multiculturalism that is being experienced today, please dont try and use that sort of argument just because a few flemish weavers and huguenots moved here a coule of hundred years ago , by native i mean the white working class.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
London has never had anywhere near the level of multiculturalism that is being experienced today, please dont try and use that sort of argument just because a few flemish weavers and huguenots moved here a coule of hundred years ago , by native i mean the white working class.

:rollseyes:

Sep 20, 2005
Anyone remember The Rolling Stones' "Hey, Negrita" from the "Black and Blue" album? Live version here.

Mick Jagger said at the time, "Hey Negrita. It's a compliment. I mean, it's not a put down. What, you think colored people won't like it? Well... only the most sensitive ones. It's about South Americans, that's just what you say, you know? You say, hey negrita... one negrita... negrita... you say to a lady one, a lady negress... hey negrita! In fact, it's been done, been said to my old lady, Bianca, you see?"

Conclusive proof. The Stones are racist. Or something.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Wasn't London actually founded by the Romans and Brutus of Troy? Then the Saxons (middle Saxons - Middlesex), Normans etc. It's always been an epicentre of shipping and trade. Jonathan Swift depicted the jobbers of the Exchange as traders waiting for shipwrecks in order to strip the dead, while the commercial houses of the City often used a ship or boat as a weather-vane and as a sign of good fortune. Three of the most common emblems in urban cemeteries are the shell, the ship and the anchor. London has always welcomed and embraced visitors from whatever ethnic background.

It is also interesting that the population of London today, is less that it was pre-WWII when it peaked. This great supposed influx of immigrants means that even today, the population is less than in 1939, and still 70% white.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Was with you until the the last bit, then you lost me. You went from talking sense to sounding like a thick taxi driver.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
An eight game ban is extremely harsh. As others have said, its unbelievable that you can break someone’s leg and get a 3 game ban but utter something naughty for an 8 game one. Not saying what Suerez did is right but the punishment does not fit the crime. On a similar note, all it encourages is for the accused to lie. After all, if you admit racial abuse, its clear you will be hard done by.

I wonder how many of the morally righteous gang would, for example, send their kids to a predominately mixed race school over a predominantly white one.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Was with you until the the last bit, then you lost me. You went from talking sense to sounding like a thick taxi driver.
It was an attempt( which obviously failed miserably) at a bit of deadpan satirising of the way people like bold seagull( as he has above) try to use the roman conquest and f***ing saxons!! to justify the myth that london has "always been multicultural"

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was an attempt( which obviously failed miserably) at a bit of deadpan satirising of the way people like bold seagull( as he has above) try to use the roman conquest and f***ing saxons!! to justify the myth that london has "always been multicultural"

The roman conquest was a myth!?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He'd probably be as mystified by it as most of the rest of us

His granddad probably taught him the word negrito....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Gordon Taylor quote..'Referring to someone’s skin colour has got to be offensive - it’s self-evident.'

white dickhead.

What a twat that Gordon Taylor is. However, that is the problem in this country. People resist acknowledging differences even though they can see it with their own eyes. I much prefer the Uruguayan approach.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a twat that Gordon Taylor is. However, that is the problem in this country. People resist acknowledging differences even though they can see it with their own eyes. I much prefer the Uruguayan approach.

It is because for decades it has been evident race and cultural background has been discriminated against in many areas of society (as has gender to some degree), from the police force, right through football, and other institutions. While these discriminations still occur, and lets be clear they do, then there will be this tension between acknowledging the differences and ensuring those differences do not incur any discrimination so that we are treated equally based on ability and character in all walks of life, and not on culture or race.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here