Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luis Suarez

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am not defending Suarez at all here but this really is opening a can of worms that you can get punished based on hearsay, Suarez's comments were made (apparently) in a packed penalty box and no one else heard it. So on Evra's word Suarez gets an 8 match ban.

I also think we really need to evaluate the severity of racism in this country, it is of course unacceptable but people now seem to be more disgusted by racist name calling than someone getting beaten up, robbed, burgled or bottled etc. I am sure people like to voice how 'disgusted and outraged' they are to make a point rather than genuine disgust. Can anyone REALLY be THAT offended by what is essentially a word? I would much rather be called a skinny English white **** than be beaten up or mugged.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Don't understand how this is 8 games yet when Ramsey had his leg broken and was out for a year it was 3 games

Because the country has gone f***ing mad.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am not defending Suarez at all here but this really is opening a can of worms that you can get punished based on hearsay, Suarez's comments were made (apparently) in a packed penalty box and no one else heard it. So on Evra's word Suarez gets an 8 match ban.

I also think we really need to evaluate the severity of racism in this country, it is of course unacceptable but people now seem to be more disgusted by racist name calling than someone getting beaten up, robbed, burgled or bottled etc. I am sure people like to voice how 'disgusted and outraged' they are to make a point rather than genuine disgust. Can anyone REALLY be THAT offended by what is essentially a word? I would much rather be called a skinny English white **** than be beaten up or mugged.

Absolutely. And the odd thing is, the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about it, despite how much we preach to them to change their ways and be like us.

Yes, racism should not be tolerated, but quite how calling someone a racist word has become worse than battering someone, I'm not sure. I find it very odd.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

So, this gets the same punishment as someone ALLEGEDLY using a word based on the view of another player?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not madness at all IF guilty. Should be for life.

Marlon King can continue playing after going to prison for physically attacking a woman. Lee Hughes can carry on playing after KILLING someone while drink driving and then trying to cover it up. Ashley Cole only gets a fine for shooting youth team players. Yet you think Suarez should never play football again because he called someone a nasty word.

Incredible.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Look the IMPORTANT thing is what Gus has to say OBVIOUSLY.

If I could give him some advice it would be "no comment but i do apologise for getting a lazy lob on about stains when it should have been palace. I am very sorry and hope we thrash the bastards on 31/1. If we dont the players are WALKING home"

That should do it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Marlon King can continue playing after going to prison for physically attacking a woman. Lee Hughes can carry on playing after KILLING someone while drink driving and then trying to cover it up. Ashley Cole only gets a fine for shooting youth team players. Yet you think Suarez should never play football again because he called someone a nasty word.

Incredible.

The context is what the FA have juristication over in terms of their rules & code of conduct which every single football player signs up for when they sign & return their registration forms. Most of the examples above are criminal acts outside of football & dealt with by the criminal courts. 8 game ban though, I suspect John Terry will be sweating a bit, especially since the CPS is also looking at his.

D

Deleted member 18477

Because the country has gone f***ing mad.

This! And to top it off I f***ing bet that twat John terry gets away with his racial offense.

Suarez is innocent till proven guilty. If he's guilty the FA need to share this evidence!! Evra is a little baby anyway!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
so, will we get to hear what was said then?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Suarez is a horrid little man, can't say I'm too disappointed that I'm not seeing him on MOTD in the near future.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.

Are you Gus?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I meant on how they decided that with no evidence caught on camera, just Evra's word, who has made unsubstantiated claims before.

But Suerez admitted using certain words. The independent advisor to the FA has deemed these words were offensive and inappropriate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here