Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luis Suarez

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I bet Terry gets away with it 100%, when is his hearing?...As for Suarez, makes Gus look even worse than he did a few weeks ago when he said he would stand as a character witness for Suarez. Perhaps Gus should stick to BHA business and not air his views on such matters.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The way the FA feel about Gus, perhaps his support of Suarez was the deciding factor

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I don't think he is guilty.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wow.

I don't think racism should be tolerated, but then I also don't think you should be allowed to punch an opponent in the face, but that wouldn't get you an 8 game ban would it?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Have you got some information that The FA weren't aware of then?

I think he is being used as a scapegoat.

He may have called evra a "little black man" but this is his nickname but the FA are using this to send a message out that they want to eradicate message. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and Evra (the crybaby) let this become the perfect oppurtunity for them to hand Suarez a harsh punishment

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If the net is correct, the word used was hardly sounding very offensive - I am sure I seen a cafe called by the word.

IMHO this is MU power at its worst. They have succeeded in depriving Liverpool of a key player..It is politics !
No wonder fans broke away and started the F C of Manchester club in disgust

imho

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think he is being used as a scapegoat.

He may have called evra a "little black man" but this is his nickname but the FA are using this to send a message out that they want to eradicate message. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and Evra (the crybaby) let this become the perfect oppurtunity for them to hand Suarez a harsh punishment

Maybe you're right, but I doubt if we'll ever hear the full story tbh. I live in hope though. :shrug:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wow.

I don't think racism should be tolerated, but then I also don't think you should be allowed to punch an opponent in the face, but that wouldn't get you an 8 game ban would it?

Exactly. And to actually cheat, and try and trick a referee, you get a yellow card. And for a career threatening tackle you can get a red card and a one game ban. Madness.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Too soon to offer an opinion on the verdict and punishment. We don't yet know what evidence it was based on.

If the basis of finding Suarez guilty was simply that he used the word 'negrito', then I'd be of the view that he was harsh
treated. If it was found that he was using the word in a racially condescending way (i.e. twisting the way the word is usually used) to irritate Evra, then I'd say it was a fair verdict and punishment. At the moment, we just don't know.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Club Statement said:
Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

some interesting points

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Don't understand how this is 8 games yet when Ramsey had his leg broken and was out for a year it was 3 games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here