Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua is coming

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Just finished by Maths exam to see this news, so excited!!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
*uck it!!! Fail!!!

Smart arse bastard now owned. :(

funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
If he has a job, why is he at home running around the kitchen making assainine noises whilst most honest hard working people should be off to their place of employment

He fished and I took the bait

I'm a friend of fire & skill and couldn't let this pass. Yes he has a job. Wont tell you what it is, but its one of societies more important roles. Either on leave or off shift. Lua Lua is his and his childrens favourite player. I can just see the happiness on his face and theirs now.

You on the other hand are a total fu*kwit.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
It wouldn't suprise me if we announced the signing of LuaLua (if he comes) on the same day we announce benno is of to norwich (if he goes, which sadly i believe he will) much like what happened with Murray and Hoskins.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
It wouldn't suprise me if we announced the signing of LuaLua (if he comes) on the same day we announce benno is of to norwich (if he goes, which sadly i believe he will) much like what happened with Murray and Hoskins.

We have kind of done that with Buckley already by announcing his signing on the same day as everyone knew Bennett was off. That would make Lua Lua the first bonus signing (rather than a replacement) and what a bonus!

As for Bennett, not sure why people are still holding out hope that he'll stay- Surely he's just away and this has slowed the formalities down?
I would love him to stay but I recently had to amend a training video for new Amex staff by editing out the pictures I'd originally included with Elliott in. Didn't fill me with hope that he'll be here next season unfortunately.

We have kind of done that with Buckley already by announcing his signing on the same day as everyone knew Bennett was off. That would make Lua Lua the first bonus signing (rather than a replacement) and what a bonus!

As for Bennett, not sure why people are still holding out hope that he'll stay- Surely he's just away and this has slowed the formalities down?
I would love him to stay but I recently had to amend a training video for new Amex staff by editing out the pictures I'd originally included with Elliott in. Didn't fill me with hope that he'll be here next season unfortunately.

For one of the few times, I will not be waiting for the club or argus to make it official.
As if there was any doubt left to harbour, that just set sail.
Bye bye Bennett :wave:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Online it doesn't say anything about LuaLua joining over the weekend ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Even if he's got a year left theyre not stupid Newcastle. For the sake of him going on loan or staying with them hardly playing and running down his contract to go for a free next year, i think they would choose the 500k-750k option. Seems sensible from a business point of view.

I think he's at a point in his Newcastle career where they should offer him a new contract if they think he's got a future in the premiership or sell him on!

He wouldn't be available on a free, whether his contract finished this summer or next, because he's under 24.

DanielT

What are the origins of this expression, I seem to hear it more and more these days?

To me it sounds like we are gonna get someone to sign a contract in a big tent :lolol:

Could it be marque - pronounced MARK - like a prestige car.

Or perhaps Marquee player in the sense of the Aussie rules meaning: In order to combat fears that the salary cap would reduce the capacity of the clubs to attract crowds through big-name players, the league allows each team to have one "marquee" player, whose salary is exempt from the salary cap, and is quite well-paid.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
A truly exciting & gifted player. I really hope we get him signed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we sign KLL he wont be the "special" signing , I still think there's a massive surprise in store.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here