Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua: Brighton is the only club I fancy playing for if I can't play for Newcastle

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'd go for Lua Lua and Grant Holt. Let's do unto Norwich what they tried to do unto us.

Yeah, lets go for Holt, targetted by a few Premiership sides this season, and playing in a side who are currently looking at going up to the Premiership.
We're a lot more attractive to players, but we aren't that special yet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pardew will already have seen part of it as it shows Lualua's assist from last season when Barnes scored in the 2-2 draw against Saints.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
watching him kiss the badge after scoring against bournemouth sends shivers down my spine!

The thought of Kaz playing on the left and noone on the right of a 4-3-3, both cutting in on their preferred foot makes me a little excited :blush:

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Looks like he's back to full fitness as he's in the squad for our reserve team's game against Blyth Spartans tonight.

Last week Pardew was talking about how big a boost injured players returning is, he mentioned Haris Vuckic and the first teamers but not Lualua which was puzzling. I don't think he's in NUFC's plans unfortunately but I may be reading too much into it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the boy is class and will wasted anywhere other than playing for the Albion

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
By Christ, that is some superb YouTube vid that. WHAT a player; shamefully I almost forgot quite how brilliant he'd been.

To, a certain extent, THIS.

Obviously remember all his goals pretty well, but a couple of those assists are class. Some brilliant footwork, and some perfect crosses, with both feet.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Had he not had the misfortune of having his leg broken he would have stood a very good chance of being a player of the season. Must be the first player since Wardy who would excite people the way he did.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The timing of his injury and the way our season panned out made it easy to forget just how good he'd been.

I know he's unproven in the Championship but I really hope we can get him for next season. It doesn't matter how good a defender you are, his pace will nail almost anyone, and the power of his shooting is unbelievable. The goals against MK and Bournemouth- both times the ball was past the keeper before he'd barely had a chance to think about it, let alone move. Getting KLL back would be a definite confidence booster, particularly as I'm (sad to say it) of the belief that we won't be seeing Glenn Murray in an Albion shirt again.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I'd be tempted to stick him upfront next season, see how it goes.

Murray (if he's here) holding the ball up with Kazenga picking it up and running at people. :drool:

I was less excited by the performances and goals (well, apart from that free kick rocket) than I was by the idea that KLL was actually improving as a player. Then, we were really only seeing his potential.

I believe he'll play for us sometime again soon, whether as a loanee getting his full match fitness back, or as our player.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was less excited by the performances and goals (well, apart from that free kick rocket) than I was by the idea that KLL was actually improving as a player. Then, we were really only seeing his potential.

I believe he'll play for us sometime again soon, whether as a loanee getting his full match fitness back, or as our player.

The previous season on loan, he was impressive in flashes, but I felt he was always liable to beat three defenders and then put in a crap cross without looking up. The season just gone, his final ball was far better. His reputation also went before him, because he'd been so good, he'd won the psychological battle with defenders before he'd even stepped on the pitch. They were terrified of tackling him*: they either stepped in close and were beaten for pace, or stood off him, leaving him space to let fly.

*Apart from Hartlepool of course, who spent 45 minutes trying to break him in half. Ironic really that the one that finally broke his ankle wasn't actually a foul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here