Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua: Brighton is the only club I fancy playing for if I can't play for Newcastle

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Newcastle will retain his registration unless they retain him. Because of this he will command a fee under any circumstances whether he is offered a new contract by Newcastle or not.

I don't think that is correct. If he is not offered a new contract, he is able to leave on a free, I believe.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
If he is coming to the game on Saturday with his agent, wouldn't it be fantastic that the trip was for KLL to sign on the dotted line and announce it before K.O.? (Yes, I know I'm getting carried away).

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Would be tempting to play one upfront with Lua Lua & Noone out wide and Bennett playing down the middle. Would be great to watch

Poyet has said pretty much that himself. Bridcutt and Dicker sat behind those 3 and i can't imagine we would need to spend much more to do well in the division.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Poyet has said pretty much that himself. Bridcutt and Dicker sat behind those 3 and i can't imagine we would need to spend much more to do well in the division.

If we can find a striker who will convert all those chances alone in the championship then sure, but im not convinced Murray is that man, he didn't really flourish in a 4 5 1 last season.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
K Lua Lua
A Brighton superstar
Runs faster than a car
K Lua Lua

* Yes, I am going to continue to sing this until he is OUR player

So am i. Brilliant song

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If we can find a striker who will convert all those chances alone in the championship then sure, but im not convinced Murray is that man, he didn't really flourish in a 4 5 1 last season.

Are you sure? I thought he was pretty good when we had the 4-5-1 formation going on and out of all the forward at the club Murray is be the only one who can play up-front on his own. Do not get me wrong, Barnes' link-up play is excellent but that is mainly with a traditional strike partner whereas Murray can hold the ball up. Despite missing a few chances (as all strikers do) GM is a very clinical finisher.

With Bridcutt holding, Dicker sat in the middle helping to unlock the opposition with the killer ball, Bennett breaking forward to support Murray and KLL & Noone flying down the wings is an absolutely mouth-watering prospect. We just need to buy Lua-Lua and get the out-of-contract players signed-up pronto.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't think that is correct. If he is not offered a new contract, he is able to leave on a free, I believe.

Strictly yes but as I said they can retain his registration as he is under 24, we wouldn't get him for free like a Bosman.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Argus also says he's got a year left on his contract.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What's he going to say to Adkins, "How do I keep up" ?

Bingo! :clap2:

ps 'Twould be fooking somersault-tastic if Kazenga hops right back on the ol' Gus Bus. Signature now please young Kazenga: & all aboard (Ding-Ding)!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
As Silent Bob says - according to the Argus he has one more year left at Newcastle.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Come on KLL... Brighton is your true home... Newcastle's reserves can't be that appealing, surely?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
It is. Most definitely. So Newcastle are going to have to offer him a deal equal or greater to his current one to demand a fee if Lua Lua does decide to leave.

This has always puzzled me. Unless it's a player a club doesn't want to keep and is worth pennies, then offering an identical contract is easily done surely?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I love the lua lua. He's the most exciting player I've seen in an Albion shirt in a decade. Literally worth the entrance fee alone. Has to be our priority signing of the summer; or before hopefully! Come on son you know it makes sense!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here