Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua: Brighton is the only club I fancy playing for if I can't play for Newcastle

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
No its not

I've seen him on about 4 different free transfer websites.
Why do you say it isn't?
EDIT: just seen post above.

Hmm, that doesn't mean he's still contracted to Newcastle though? He's been injured most of this season, is a young lad with a lot of promise, next season is going to be a big season for him whether he's playing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Latest on Lua Lua?

According to this website Kazenga LuaLua - Player profile - transfermarkt.co.uk his contract expires at the end of the season.

Of course, he would only be available free, if Newcastle were not to offer the same terms or an improved deal. Otherwise the two clubs would have to decide on a transfer fee, going to the tribunal if no fee can be agreed.

Edit:

Dated February 2010

Lua Lua today said :

"I don't really know about my future there."

"After this season I've got one more year."

"I have been playing for Newcastle's reserves for about five years now and I don't want to keep playing for the reserves, so maybe in the summer it will be time for me to move."

"I'll see what happens. I have come here for a month and I will try to do my best in that time.

"If the manager would then like me to stay I'll have no problem with that. I have come here to enjoy it, play more and help the team get more points.

Unless he signed an extension, which I don't believe he did.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I've seen him on about 4 different free transfer websites.
Why do you say it isn't?
EDIT: just seen post above.

Hmm, that doesn't mean he's still contracted to Newcastle though? He's been injured most of this season, is a young lad with a lot of promise, next season is going to be a big season for him whether he's playing.

Read it how ever you want I suppose I took it to mean he will be at Newcastle pre season and its a big season for him because he wants to break through to the first team.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
If he is out of contract which Ive thought all along he is, Newcastle arnt going to offer him Big bucks even if they did offer him something as he will be a bit part player for them at best & he's coming back from a semi serious injury, I think something along the lines of a 1 year deal if they offer him anything at all.

On the other hand we would be looking at a 2-3 year deal on good wages comparable to what toon offer him, a pretty much guarenteed place in the starting 11 and championship football.

The fact that we wouldnt have to pay a fee for him would be tremend and im sure Bloom/Poyet will be doing there upmost to get him in.

Seems a no brainer to me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Read it how ever you want I suppose I took it to mean he will be at Newcastle pre season and its a big season for him because he wants to break through to the first team.
As I understand it, because KLL is under 24, Newcastle hold all the aces.

Either they release him, meaning he becomes a free agent, or they give him a contract and will therefore command a fee. The key point is that because of his age, the player can't simply play for who he chooses (usually the highest bidder) all the while Newcastle are offering him a contract of equal or better than his current deal as his registration would stay with that club.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Benchwarmer (at best) with Alan Pardew
OR
Shining star with Gustavo Poyet?

Not THAT difficult is it?

Say for example:

£15k a week

or

£5k a week.

Footballers are mercenaries I know what he would take. Wouldnt blame him.

See: Glenn Murray shenanigans for further info.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
pinch....pinch..... This is all to exciting, I still cannot quite believe we have gone from Micky Adams dire hoofball and certain relegation to league 2 to this, with the potential of one of the most exciting young wingers out there and championship football at the amex.....in just a couple of years.

to even be talking about it like this seemed unthinkable not that long ago

long live bloom and poyet, i love em

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
K Lua Lua
A Brighton superstar
Runs faster than a car
K Lua Lua

* Yes, I am going to continue to sing this until he is OUR player

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
Well all I can add is that when he has played for us he was a class apart from most of the other players on the pitch. Having said that since his injury others have taken on his role and have not let us down. If he joins us he will be a great addition just hope that he the same player after his injury that he was before. Glad he's coming down he helped us win the league after all.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He doesn't have to sign a new deal at Newcastle, but they could demand a fee if they offer him one and he goes elsewhere. That fee could be anything but considering he has had 2 serious injuries and not played or featured in Newcastles plans over the last 2 seasons would mean the FA and the court would price him at a much lower value than Newcastle would.

I say we sign him and push Newcastle all the way as I can't see the football league valuing him at more than £500,000.

This rule was brought in to protect lower league clubs from being abused by premiership sides who would take their young talent and leave the lower clubs with nothing after developing the youngster, it's not intended to trap players at premiership clubs when their contracts run out when they could be progressing their career in the next division down. I think most tribunals will side with the player and set an appropriate fee.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
pinch....pinch..... This is all to exciting, I still cannot quite believe we have gone from Micky Adams dire hoofball and certain relegation to league 2 to this, with the potential of one of the most exciting young wingers out there and championship football at the amex.....in just a couple of years.

to even be talking about it like this seemed unthinkable not that long ago

long live bloom and poyet, i love em

There are marked parallels with our stadium and our team. Back in October 2008, a rather tired looking field with a single JCB digger has been transformed into a spell bindingly beautiful football stadium within the space of two years. From the ashes of a struggling team, an exquisite phoenix-like team marauds across the grasses of League One, beating most of what is put in front of us. Our fetching style of ball hogging has infuriated many across the land (including some of our own less patient supporters) and we have proven, without a shadow of doubt, to be the best team in the league.

You Brighton up my day | Natter Football

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There are marked parallels with our stadium and our team. Back in October 2008, a rather tired looking field with a single JCB digger has been transformed into a spell bindingly beautiful football stadium within the space of two years. From the ashes of a struggling team, an exquisite phoenix-like team marauds across the grasses of League One, beating most of what is put in front of us. Our fetching style of ball hogging has infuriated many across the land (including some of our own less patient supporters) and we have proven, without a shadow of doubt, to be the best team in the league.

You Brighton up my day | Natter Football

You wont find any argument with that brilliant post :thumbsup:

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we get him on loan and he does well theres no way Newcastle will sell him after that, if we want to sign him permanently we'll have to get him this summer...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Newcastle will retain his registration unless they retain him. Because of this he will command a fee under any circumstances whether he is offered a new contract by Newcastle or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here