Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua: Brighton is the only club I fancy playing for if I can't play for Newcastle

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I love the lua lua. He's the most exciting player I've seen in an Albion shirt in a decade. Literally worth the entrance fee alone. Has to be our priority signing of the summer; or before hopefully! Come on son you know it makes sense!

I'd agree with this. Also the quickest player I have EVER seen in a Brighton shirt.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I love the lua lua. He's the most exciting player I've seen in an Albion shirt in a decade. Literally worth the entrance fee alone. Has to be our priority signing of the summer; or before hopefully! Come on son you know it makes sense!

I hope Pardew dosn't read this forum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He doesn't have to sign a new deal at Newcastle, but they could demand a fee if they offer him one and he goes elsewhere. That fee could be anything but considering he has had 2 serious injuries and not played or featured in Newcastles plans over the last 2 seasons would mean the FA and the court would price him at a much lower value than Newcastle would.

I say we sign him and push Newcastle all the way as I can't see the football league valuing him at more than £500,000.

This rule was brought in to protect lower league clubs from being abused by premiership sides who would take their young talent and leave the lower clubs with nothing after developing the youngster, it's not intended to trap players at premiership clubs when their contracts run out when they could be progressing their career in the next division down. I think most tribunals will side with the player and set an appropriate fee.

This sounds about right.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Are you sure? I thought he was pretty good when we had the 4-5-1 formation going on and out of all the forward at the club Murray is be the only one who can play up-front on his own. Do not get me wrong, Barnes' link-up play is excellent but that is mainly with a traditional strike partner whereas Murray can hold the ball up. Despite missing a few chances (as all strikers do) GM is a very clinical finisher.

I don't know about that last sentence - but you are right and when we played at our best easlier in the season (i.e. Posh away) Murray was up front on his own. One of his great strengths is his ability to hold the ball up.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I don't know if it is just me, but I think he'll be ours next season. Pardew's said he needs players with lots of experience at the highest level and not players who are young and upcoming...I think I read that somewhere...and it is unlikely Kaz will be in their plans next season, especially with Ben Arfa back in the fold.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I don't know if it is just me, but I think he'll be ours next season. Pardew's said he needs players with lots of experience at the highest level and not players who are young and upcoming...I think I read that somewhere...and it is unlikely Kaz will be in their plans next season, especially with Ben Arfa back in the fold.

Ben Arfa is playing behind the striker next season going from what Pardew said last week.

I do still think you'll sign him though, can't see us not signing a winger as we've been down to the bones recently and unless he impresses Pardew hugely in pre-season I can't see him staying. I hope if he does leave it's a loan though as I want him to be given a fair chance here after hearing great things about him from Brighton fans.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ben Arfa is playing behind the striker next season going from what Pardew said last week.

I do still think you'll sign him though, can't see us not signing a winger as we've been down to the bones recently and unless he impresses Pardew hugely in pre-season I can't see him staying. I hope if he does leave it's a loan though as I want him to be given a fair chance here after hearing great things about him from Brighton fans.

I see QPR are going to sign Routledge.Was he no good at Newcastle?.He has looked superb this season.

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
If we get him on loan and he does well theres no way Newcastle will sell him after that, if we want to sign him permanently we'll have to get him this summer...

not true at all ,he might be in their plans now but what if they sign a few players in kaz's position . he will be just left in the dark and if and we would get him cheaper .
there is a case for your view but its not the only thing that could happen , if we dont manage to 'sill the deal' this summer it would be great to get him back on loan

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I see QPR are going to sign Routledge.Was he no good at Newcastle?.He has looked superb this season.

He was quality in the Championship for us, scored a few goals and really added something extra in the second half of the season. In the Premiership he looked half decent, never really had a chance though. That is the frustrating thing because he is fast and tricky, something we really do lack in our team.

Sending him back to QPR on loan in Jan was very confusing, no idea why we're letting him leave the club now either - especially on a free.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Balance, speed, power and a shot like a kicking horse. If there is any chance of getting him back here the board must sanction it. Lualua destroying Palace in front of a packed Amex....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Balance, speed, power and a shot like a kicking horse. If there is any chance of getting him back here the board must sanction it. Lualua destroying Palace in front of a packed Amex....

:drool:

That goal against Bournemouth was sublime!!!!!

I think if he cost a million pounds it would turn out to be a bargain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here