Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

loyalty points????

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I've had 90%!!!!of my loyalty points deducted!!!!

Last year I got 110 match by match. This year I have a ST and have only carried over 11 points. ????????

So 110 last year and 1000 from this year i have only 1011. Out of order.
It was never gonna be 100% fair but 10%? Fuvkibg stupid.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've had 90%!!!!of my loyalty points deducted!!!!

Last year I got 110 match by match. This year I have a ST and have only carried over 11 points. ????????

So 110 last year and 1000 from this year i have only 1011. Out of order.
It was never gonna be 100% fair but 10%? Fuvkibg stupid.

If you had just gone to every home game last season, on a match by match process, you would have 230 points. This season, you wold have 1000 for your season ticket + whatever percentage of last season total.

If someone had a season ticket last season and just went to the league games, and bought one this season. They would still be on 1000 points. When you've been to the same number of games, is it fair that someone who has been a season ticket holder for two years be so massively out loyalty-ed by someone who hasn't been to more games than them? Sure, overall you paid more, and maybe that means you should have that contribution recognised, but he showed dedication and allowed the club to budget with his contribution included, so he shouldn't be so far in your shadow.

In that respect, 10% seems fair, to me.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Why have they got to make it so damn complicated why not simply award 1000 points for every season ticket you buy and target the points required appropiately.

As it stands you have to have a degree in By Gums to work out what you are supposed to have!

Thankfully most the away games I will go to will not have a loyalty requirement (Peterborough, Derby, Leicester, Forest (assuming I do not get lost this time) etc) although I guess Wolves and Birmingham may so it does not really matter.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why have they got to make it so damn complicated why not simply award 1000 points for every season ticket you buy and target the points required appropiately.

As it stands you have to have a degree in By Gums to work out what you are supposed to have!

Thankfully most the away games I will go to will not have a loyalty requirement (Peterborough, Derby, Leicester, Forest (assuming I do not get lost this time) etc) although I guess Wolves and Birmingham may so it does not really matter.

So you are not going to Charlton or Palace then?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Apart from if we get crawley away in the cup i cant see anygame where points are really gonna matter. If you want a ticket amd are organised you will get one. Its a bit annoying but I can see why its been done.

Ps oh and palace MAYBE but even im conaidering giving it a miss. 30 for that shit hole?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Maybe this is why we went out of the League Cup early, too much of a risk of an early season ticket binfest if we had drawn Palace/Crawley!

It all seems fair to me, I had 70 loyalty points. I've bought a season ticket this year I now have 1007. My brothers have both renewed, went to 3 cup games so therefore have more points than me.

By the time some of the big games roll around those who attend lots of games will have built up points to enable them to be ahead of the queue to those that don't.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Can't get my head around whether this works long term or not.

Ess complicated for me, yes.

Another poor short sighted system. That took all Summer to come up with a ridiculously complicated formulae for carrying over points.

Is it fair or not? How could you even begin to start to judge that. You need to understand all eventualities of renewing then not renewing then renewing again.

Away games/home games/cup games. People that buy tickets for high profile games knowing they can't go, selling them to mere mortals that don't have super fan points so they collect yet more points for not going.

IMHO you should never lose points. The points structure was just stupid. 1000 for a ST, 10 for a game. regardless if that game is in Brighton or burnley.

Does it work? maybe. Does anyone understand it? Probably not. Is it fair? Anybody's guess.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can't get my head around whether this works long term or not.

Ess complicated for me, yes.

Another poor short sighted system. That took all Summer to come up with a ridiculously complicated formulae for carrying over points.

Is it fair or not? How could you even begin to start to judge that. You need to understand all eventualities of renewing then not renewing then renewing again.

Away games/home games/cup games. People that buy tickets for high profile games knowing they can't go, selling them to mere mortals that don't have super fan points so they collect yet more points for not going.

IMHO you should never lose points. The points structure was just stupid. 1000 for a ST, 10 for a game. regardless if that game is in Brighton or burnley.

Does it work? maybe. Does anyone understand it? Probably not. Is it fair? Anybody's guess.

It's not really that complicated is it?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It rewards fans who weren't season ticket holders last year more than those that were

That is the only 'error' in the plan that I can see. But it won't make much of a difference, just a couple of points.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That is the only 'error' in the plan that I can see. But it won't make much of a difference, just a couple of points.

I don't get that point, how are these people rewarded. Those that renew get 50% of the 'extra' points. Those that are new S/T only get 10%

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I had 220 points last season. With the 90% reduction, I think this will pretty much put me in the same priority band as somebody who had 10 points. I now have 1022, they will now have 1001. I can't see any points bands for any games distinguishing between these points. So thanks for that, BHAFC.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't believe we're having this big panic again. As usual, it's not going to matter. If you are a STH, then you will be able to get a ticket to every away game you want to go to.

These loyalty schemes really don't mean much anyway, it's the same few thousand that go everywhere, it's not going to change.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I don't get that point, how are these people rewarded. Those that renew get 50% of the 'extra' points. Those that are new S/T only get 10%

I had a season ticket last year and one this year - ignore that I have been to any extra games, I would have 1000 points.

If Greg Bobkin didn't have a season ticket last year, but bought tickets to 10 home league games, he would have built up 100 loyalty points. Mr Bobkin then buys a season ticket this year so gets his 1000 points, PLUS 10% of last years total i.e. 10, so starts this season with 1010 points compared to my 1000, when I have bought tickets to 13 more home games than he has.

If I have understood it correctly, but the club tweeted yesterday to someone that that is correct. It is only a few points and it won't really matter, but it surely is slightly flawed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is this the max you can have after last season?

Yep it was 1590 and ten points added for swindon then they knocked it down. A 1901er who went to every game woild have had slightly more than 1590.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I had a season ticket last year and one this year - ignore that I have been to any extra games, I would have 1000 points.

If Greg Bobkin didn't have a season ticket last year, but bought tickets to 10 home league games, he would have built up 100 loyalty points. Mr Bobkin then buys a season ticket this year so gets his 1000 points, PLUS 10% of last years total i.e. 10, so starts this season with 1010 points compared to my 1000, when I have bought tickets to 13 more home games than he has.

If I have understood it correctly, but the club tweeted yesterday to someone that that is correct. It is only a few points and it won't really matter, but it surely is slightly flawed.

This is a strange one and not sure how they could have sorted this situation. Presumably you went to one of the Gillingham, Sunderland, Liverpool or Newcastle home cup games and would have earnt between 20 and 80 points, you would then get 50% of this carried over, so at worst you would be even on 1010 points if you went to one of these games. Obviously someone that only went to the games on the ST would be on less points, in your scenario, but you can't please everyone all of the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here