Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

loyalty points????

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Not gonna say too much on this subject until I know whats going on I'll bite my lip until that time
Let me just say though LOYALTY means LOYALTY

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So what price is loyalty now. It seems that existing season ticket holders who have renewed effectively gain nothing, but lose a large chunk of the existing points. JCL receive a bonus of 1,000, and will by default probably have more points from a match by match basis from last season that is carried over on the same basis as existing ticket holders.

As I see it, no season ticket last year 23 home league games x10 points is 230 points plus 5 home cup x 20 points is 100 points total 330 points add 1000 points for new season ticket and carry over existing points using formula.

Season ticket holder last year (but not Withdean) 1000 points plus 100 points from cup games, same formula, you end up with less points than someone who didnt have a season ticket last year.

Those with a Withdean season ticket would have 250 points in addition, but this only just places them ahead of new ticket holders.

Obviously home many away games attended then comes in, BUT how is that only having a season ticket from this year, places you ahead of others that had one last year.

Perhaps the club can explain the logic.

I don't think you have that right. It seems that everyone is getting 10% of last season + 1000 points for this season if they renewed. Therefore in your scenario they will have 1110 points as opposed to 1033 points.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Er, doesn't the phrase 'loyalty points' infer these are points for loyalty. Having a sell by date on them is ridiculous UNLESS you say upfront how long they last. Maybe it's in the T&Cs. I'm not sure I could find mine from last season. If not then Barber has royally f***ed up at least in terms of communication.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Is it right that there's nothing on the official website about this? I find it appalling that they've just gone ahead with this with no explanation. Seems to be all going the same way :( I know (before I get shot down in flames) it's the inevitable price of success.
Very clever though, just applies a little bit of pressure to the old guard to not slacken off or they risk getting caught up very quickly. Personally, what with the price of fuel, ticket prices, pies and beer going up etc etc, I can see my away excursions dwindling off somewhat. Oh and watching dire performances away from home has often been a long way short of enjoyable lately as well.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
It sounds as if last year's season ticket holders get to keep 50% of their non-ST points (cup/away games + Withdean 250-point bonus if applicable) and new STHs get to keep 10% of their previous total. Does anyone's points total not fit this calculation? (NB The e-cash "loyalty points" are unrelated and as far as we know don't entitle you to anything. Only the points from the ticket booking site points count for tickets.)

So there is a fairly substantial bonus to being a renewing season ticket holder: I've got 35 extra points left over from going to a measly four extra matches last season, which a non-STH could only match by having clocked up a whole 350 points. But either way you don't get such a big head-start that new STHs will never be able to catch up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
1360 -> 1180. Looks like 1000 for the ST + 50% of additional points from last year for me.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
1420 down to 1210 for me too. Right decision by the club, and as above will only come into play on a couple of occasions.

They could have put a story up on the website to explain though. Unless this is a mistake and they shouldn't have changed yet.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
What a load of bull,

Last season i went to/ had a ticket for 23 home games, 3 cup games, and 1 away game, yet fans who didn't have a season and went to just 8 home games last season then bought a season ticket this year, now have more loyalty points than me

Where is the sense in that??

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
134436451956.jpg

They took our LOYALTY POINTS!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is appalling. ANY decent project plan (and presumably recalculating points involved a software change) involves communicating change to the stakeholders (i.e. us) BEFORE it launches. Instead we have had to speculate how and why because the change to points was made before the announcement. If this is how the club is going to be run under Barber it does not fill me with confidence. If you cannot communicate something like this effectively you're in trouble.

We have been lied to before. I'm sure Tony / Paul / Gus et al are not doing this. I'm sure we're going to a have a great season. But Brighton fans need to trust a wee bit more than your average fan and communication cock-ups like this are very unhelpful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here